The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO @ QuakeCon and the future of stamina builds

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »
    Have ya'll even tried? We got a stamina build that does mostly dw with bow when needed and does the same amount of dps as our best magicka guy... DaFunk just ran the hard modes with nightblades i think 6 of them or 7 maybe and nothing but stamina builds. Stop complaining that you can't play and go make a build that works because they are out there... Play the game a bit and figure it out, with this new patch it pretty much equaled out the gameplay between magicka based and stamina based builds... Heck my level 17 dw/bow nightblade does 150-200 dps average and thats with just the 2 trait stamina based sets

Really if you can post a vid I would be very gratefull. I don't have the time at the mo to test it myself. I hope your right and I can dust off my medium armour.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Both Bow and Sprint/Dodge/Roll need to be looked at.
    lathbury wrote: »
    Have ya'll even tried? We got a stamina build that does mostly dw with bow when needed and does the same amount of dps as our best magicka guy... DaFunk just ran the hard modes with nightblades i think 6 of them or 7 maybe and nothing but stamina builds. Stop complaining that you can't play and go make a build that works because they are out there... Play the game a bit and figure it out, with this new patch it pretty much equaled out the gameplay between magicka based and stamina based builds... Heck my level 17 dw/bow nightblade does 150-200 dps average and thats with just the 2 trait stamina based sets

Really if you can post a vid I would be very gratefull. I don't have the time at the mo to test it myself. I hope your right and I can dust off my medium armour.

Even if there were such a setup, the minute you get into pvp and one player CC's you and another player roots you at the same time(which happens QUITE often), you are either perma-locked in place......OR you have to waste your ENTIRE stamina bar to break the CC and roll out of the root.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just having a bow that works properly would be nice :(
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭

Quoting Da Funk's 7 night blade trial run as an example is not really appropriate imho..

I'm guessing, one of the possible reasons they had 7 night blades running stamina was because of the insane DPS you could get with Soul Tether at the moment, which will likely be fixed or readjusted. (Previous patch was only 1/4 the damage so I don't think it's an intended buff)

Just a thought.. anyway. Inc downvotes/LOLs. Bracing myself
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    whsprwind wrote: »

Quoting Da Funk's 7 night blade trial run as an example is not really appropriate imho..

I'm guessing, one of the possible reasons they had 7 night blades running stamina was because of the insane DPS you could get with Soul Tether at the moment, which will likely be fixed or readjusted. (Previous patch was only 1/4 the damage so I don't think it's an intended buff)

Please, enlighten me.....what does Soul Tether, a non-stamina based ability, have to do with ANYTHING related to stamina based abilities??

Edited by Cydone on August 8, 2014 9:23PM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

Please, enlighten me.....what does Soul Tether, a non-stamina based ability, have to do with ANYTHING related to stamina based abilities??

Dont ultimates scale with your higher stat as of 1.3?
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

Dont ultimates scale with your higher stat as of 1.3?

IDK. If it does, it still doesn't matter which you take. Still isn't a good enough argument FOR stamina builds being AS viable as magicka.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an unabashed Bow lover.

BUT it's not just Bow that suffers, it's all weapons using Stamina. I ticked yes for Bow and yes for dodge, roll, sprint as it's Stamina based weapons which needs a boost.

I'd like to think I'm a player that kinda knows what I'm doing, my Bow is very close to soft caps and my dual wield daggers are above it, but they still don't get close to 7 light with staff. The gap is shrinking though which is good.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Galrukh
    Galrukh
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is still well below magicka for several reasons.
    Too many things using the same resource is definately a big issue, using dodge, break CC, Sprint, Block and attacks all using the same resource means you are out very fast, you cant make a build that relies solely on stamina abilities, it just doesnt work however you can easily make builds that uses no stamina abilities at all, actually you are encouraged to do this.
    Light armor being so much better than the other armor types doesnt help.
    It obviously makes the already best abilities just outright better since it ignores ALL the spell resistance you will ever encounter on top of giving +crit chance, +magicka regen and reduced magicka cost. Its too much.
    A severe nerf to light armor is required and then a nerf to the damage boosting from resto staves.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Bow damage needs to be addressed and it's damage increased.
    No, definitely no 4th bar for Sprint/Dodge/Roll, but yes bows need some boosting
    Edited by SkillzMFG on August 9, 2014 2:37PM
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

"Play the game a bit and figure it out"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Gah! Where the heck were you Dubah in the comment turmoil right before the dubious Vet+ 1-10 content nerf???? Your phrase: "Play the game a bit and figure it out." -- amazing.

Yet what I fear you may hear back is:

"I play this game to relax...I don't want to 'work' or be hassled by having to GROUP up with other players in some kind of mutual goal-oriented fighting. Come on now. Don't penalize me for liking a different playstyle!"
    Shunravi wrote: »
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Rodario wrote: »
    Also, the highest potential dps should be that of melee builds. Why? Because in most encounters you can't stay in melee range all the time, so while you're at it you should deal more damage than the ranged options which don't get interrupted as much.

Sure because in any fantasy world, swords do more damage than spells, that's why Gandalf destroys thousands of orcs with... oh no wait, it isn't.

Also, currently, melee does already more burst damage than spells, only reason why mages are more viable in trials is because of the dots that are applied to the bosses that give damage over time. A caster's AA build for trials doesn't stand a chance in PVP vs a melee build with burst dmg & gap closer.

Gandalf is the poster boy for the hybrid build. He fights with Glamdring as often, if not more than his staff. In the movies, as I recall, they showed him fighting the Balrog with Glamdring and using magic to shield himself and boost his dps ;)

If you want to use this as an example to support your premise, please note that Gandalf is a fully risen senior MAGE in that fictional world which has its own ruleset of course. He has no doubt accrued abilities and magick along the path to his position of respect and wisdom and achievement...which is why his character was written for the slot it holds ^-^.

Why would all wizards/all mages and all magick users have the same powers or wield the same offensive/defensive abilities as he??? :\ So, perhaps IF ye olde primarily magicka based builds GROW in their op-ness, surpassing over a time-period, those luckless stam-favor-ers in this fictional/virtual world, THENit could support your surmisal. B)

Magicka/stam ratio of access, REGEN, and use in TESO is a flustercluck, still, so am still watching and hopeful for additional changes and adjustments!

Edited by Anastasia on August 9, 2014 2:48PM
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to get at least 1 of my 4 stam build users that compete with our magicka based users to come in here and comment but they really don't want to get involved lol. So here i will say my final comment, it is possible to compete and they dodge roll and break CCs just as often as our magicka users and can still compete with magicka based users without running out of resources. I mean hell we just did Ra Kotu in hel ra citadel where our melee dps was the 2nd best dps in the whole raid. It's not that stamina builds aren't inequivalent. I can understand a little buff for bows but at this time 2h/dw builds are doing 10x better than prior to 1.3
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »

If you want to use this as an example to support your premise, please note that Gandalf is a fully risen senior MAGE in that fictional world which has its own ruleset of course. He has no doubt accrued abilities and magick along the path to his position of respect and wisdom and achievement...which is why his character was written for the slot it holds ^-^.

Gandalf is not a mage in the sense of the word we usually assume. Actually hes not even human. He's an angel-like creature (Maia) who took on a mortal form to advise the races of Middle-Earth against Sauron. Thats how he has his knowledge and power... tho they are very limited in his Gandalf the Grey form. All the Wizards of Middle Earth (7 in total afair) were like that.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on August 9, 2014 4:13PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • MurkMuffin
    I have a sorcerer tank (Heavy Armor / Sword&Shield, plus a resto staff for that sub healing in instances) and the only spell that I use is the Bound armor spell (sometimes the storm atro ultimate), the rest is stamina abilities in the sword&shield and fighter guild trees. I dabbled in the bow a bit and I think there is one simple solution: boost the stamina regeneration rate. This honestly be the fastest regenerating resource in the game, simply because it serves dual purpose. Some buffs or passives in the weapon trees would be nice. IDK. but I understand that medium armor helps in this aspect but a general boost would be nice. :)
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Breton Sorcerer - Stria

For The Queen!