The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which healing Skill for Sorcerer Tank

Jaiboy
Jaiboy
Soul Shriven
Hey guys looking for much needed advice, been racking my brains on this.
What would you recommend for a healing skill for a Sorcerer tank with one hand and shield. I have narrowed it down to Twilight Matriarch, Critical Surge and Degeneration. I will be wearing 5h/2l and was wondering if the two latter skills work when shield bashing.

Don't have much time to play and find out myself as I am a new dad lol, any help much appreciated.
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    As a sorc tank you have the biggest advantage as far as raw stats go, but in order for us to be balanced we have no sustain. So I just use gear for healing bonus' since none of our heals are viable.

Honestly if you have to put one of those in there I would go for degeneration. It's not alot and doesn't do much health wise, but the magicka on hit is indeed effective. Personally I don't run any self heals when I'm tanking, full heal bonus gear.
    /kill
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but the magicka on hit is indeed effective
    Just checked, it's health on hit, not magicka. ^^

Crit Surge - the heal part - works off crits, period. If it crits, it's giving you a heal, so it should work off shield bashing if bashing can crit. I don't know about if it works with Degen. Personally I run Degen and Crit Surge, but if you had to choose between the two, I'd go with Crit surge. It makes your light attacks really strong, and /any/ crit heals you, even if it doesn't gain the bonus damage. If your crit isn't that good or you're suddenly suffering slight magicka problems from running Crit Surge, do Degen. It's a really nice (and cheap! if you've taken mages guild passives) heal.

I don't know what passives you have, but there's one in the Daedric Summoning tree that gives up to 20% max magicka back when a pet dies. If you have that one, it might be worthwhile to look into working in the winged twilight pet. I've also found that heal somewhat unreliable - sometimes it heals and I see a healy beam from the pet, and sometimes it lasts just a second. However, the pet does, in my experience, seem to want to die as much as it possibly can.
    Edited by Tonturri on August 8, 2014 6:28PM
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    but the magicka on hit is indeed effective
    Just checked, it's health on hit, not magicka. ^^

Yes your are right haha, typo.
    /kill