The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

They still didn't fix NB's dark cloak?

MrMT
MrMT
✭✭✭
Unless there was a stealth fix, it appears that 'dark cloak', a morph of the nightblade's signature skill shadow cloak (one which has particular importance for pvp) has not been addressed.

I'd love to hear if it does in fact work now, but otherwise I do wonder - after all this time, all this discussion, all these threads - what will it take to fix this class's defining skill.
Edited by MrMT on August 4, 2014 7:50PM
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't fixed last time I tried it. And no clue what it takes.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS thought it would be more important to fix shadowy Disguise, that was not granting 100% Crit Chance to Spells. That was ofc. more important than Dark Cloak, cause we are talking about Magicka Builds, not doing TOP DMG.
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of the shadow cloak variants are still in a sorry state. They all get ignored at random by mobs while in effect and they all drop when the NB's dots tick on an enemy, dark cloak just happens to have one more bug in that it fails to remove negative effects.
  • Piedplat
    Piedplat
    ✭✭
    just give a dmg shield on the cloak and I am sure that will fix the problem.

armata.ca
    GuildeQc PvP
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    ZOS thought it would be more important to fix shadowy Disguise, that was not granting 100% Crit Chance to Spells. That was ofc. more important than Dark Cloak, cause we are talking about Magicka Builds, not doing TOP DMG.

The 100% Spell Critical fix helps my survivability on a Stamina Build Nightblade.
    Any time I go invisible now, my Strife HoT crit heals on me.
    It does not give me crits on the Strife attack though, making it pretty mediocre for my old Magicka Build setup.
    This just means I can heal my own health more quickly, without having to go for a full magicka/spell crit build.

Always preferred Shadowy Disguise to Dark Cloak anyway though; after all, the Weapon Crit it gave before this patch was still great for me.
    Dark Cloak made more sense on a full spell caster build though, so I can see why so many people want it fixed.
    Edited by Samadhi on August 5, 2014 6:21PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark cloak removing dots. so its usefull. but it breaks every time, whatever you do. so still not fixed...
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Code2501 wrote: »
    All of the shadow cloak variants are still in a sorry state. They all get ignored at random by mobs while in effect and they all drop when the NB's dots tick on an enemy, dark cloak just happens to have one more bug in that it fails to remove negative effects.

NB getting ignored from the begining. You get nice crits on ppl from stealth+back on players, you can kill noobs in 2 sec, while a sorc will kill the same ppl just like that, face to face. Not speaking about blazing shield 1k (thats the min.) damage, and its ofc fine. etc... Punkturing strikes knocking back, and spammable, what do you get? you need to use buggedcloak to stun. others have heals, you have weak hots. they got damage shield, you got buggedcloak. they can do much more overall dmg while having defense without stealth, what you have? buggedcloak. And even if you cloak, detection potion revealing you and...
    Easiest to kill and hardest to play with, so Zeni do something, the version is over 1.2.x you promised something, you did nothing.

Fight a blocking reflecting DK. you cant. Go melee, it will impulse you, you have *** defense, so you get distance, where it reflects your attacks.
    Edited by Kypho on August 8, 2014 2:05PM
  • mikedirtbike
    mikedirtbike
    ✭✭
    I agree 100% with KYPHO....we have no major knock down or stuns...*** heals and my F***** dark cloak doesn't do what its suppose to since launch...I mean do a hot patch right now a fix it.....i'm really getting tired of bugged skills.. maybe I should take a year off and hope they fix it lol