The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Rift: Aldmeri Dominion - VR zone is practically unplayable due to server lag spikes.

Dekkameron
Dekkameron
✭✭✭✭✭
I do not know what you peeps have done since you migrited the server, but this zone is just horrendous now with 10-20 second long lag spikes every 2- 3 minutes.

This started happening first when i started playing after the server migration last night at around 10pm BST.
I thought that it might just be my connection or something at first, but then i changed to another character in Coldharbour and everything was perfect. Changed back to the Rift and again more lagspikes.

The very same thing has been happening this afternoon as well and other people have also reported it.

Please fix it.
- Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't be happening .. so many EU players were adamant that 'lag' and server spikes were due to the servers being in America, they demanded they were moved to Europe so this kind of problem would no longer exist.

Yes, I'm being facetious, though I'm speaking the truth, so many EU players were telling anyone who said it wasn't anything to do with internet latency we didn't know what we were talking about .. I accept their apologies.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully, whatever it was seems to have cleared up now
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't be happening .. so many EU players were adamant that 'lag' and server spikes were due to the servers being in America, they demanded they were moved to Europe so this kind of problem would no longer exist.

Yes, I'm being facetious, though I'm speaking the truth, so many EU players were telling anyone who said it wasn't anything to do with internet latency we didn't know what we were talking about .. I accept their apologies.

Yes, but while your being facetious please remember that some of us knew the lag spikes were server side, having said that, the internet latency only added to the problem.

For the most part playing last night was considerably better than before yet there were still occasions where the server "bogged down" and I got the all of sudden I'm dead mid fight when a split second before I had a nearly full health bar.

Don't tar everybody with the same brush mate.