Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guy who attacked me in Vlastarus yesterday... why didn't you come back?

smeeprocketnub19_ESO
smeeprocketnub19_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so yesterday I was working on my quest achievements in cyrodiil in wabbajack. During this time DC took over the keeps nearby so the guards flipped to DC guards, which made things a bit more interesting.

Anyway, at some point, I was fighting goblins for a quest and I get attacked by another player. I'm such an oblivious person I'm surprised I even realized I was getting attacked by a player, if he had ranged me I probably would have thought the goblins were just taking me out.

So I cloaked, causing the goblins to aggro him (so glad that was fixed to work properly!) and then was able to take him out with goblins as my back up support.

I continued my quests for the village, sneaking much more often and eagerly awaiting the next chance to attack him or be attacked without npc interference.

But my enemy never showed up again. :(

So if this guy happens to read this, why didn't you come back? I didn't leave the area, (I find people don't usually leave and/or will come back a lot of times.) I would have kept coming back, too.
Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭
    What is this post about?

Things that could have happened to the guy you killed-

His gf came home
    He had to take a dump
    His cat puked and had to clean it up
    His dogg needed to go outside for a walk and crap
    He was hungry and had to eat
    He had to go to work
    He had an important phone call
    His friend came online and went to play with his friend somewhere

I could probably keep thinking of things for weeks.

You killed someone in pvp, don't know the guys name, and think the guy was scared of you or something. Are you bragging about it? Or are you worried about the guy and want to find out if he is ok?
    Famemonster NB - Famemonsterx DK - Famemonster X DK - Mindblasterx Templar - Emi Takai Sorcerer
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol in here?
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this post about?

His gf came home
    He had to take a dump
    He had to go to work

You killed someone in pvp, don't know the guys name, and think the guy was scared of you or something. Are you bragging about it? Or are you worried about the guy and want to find out if he is ok?

No need for hostility. I didn't assume he was scared of me or say that at all. I don't know where you got that from.

I'm sure all those things could have happened or not. So? What is the purpose of you commenting at this point?

I just enjoyed the interaction and was sad there wasn't more of it. I mean, the goblins helped me kill him, it's not like I just wiped the floor with him or something.
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭
    Sorry mate I will make this post a little warmer for you.

Hey friend, I am not sure what you are posting this for. What would you like to achieve from your original post? I would love to do anything I can to help you, just let me know.
    Edited by Famemonster on July 30, 2014 9:36PM
    Famemonster NB - Famemonsterx DK - Famemonster X DK - Mindblasterx Templar - Emi Takai Sorcerer
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this post about?

His gf came home
    He had to take a dump
    He had to go to work

Lol'd so hard!
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This instant hostility here is ridiculous. I usually avoid the Alliance War section because the chest beating and cries of hacking and exploits get so repetitious.

This thread could be compared to a craig's list missed hookup ad. Except without the desperate need to get laid being involved. I enjoyed the interaction and I am sad nothing further came from it.

If I was going to brag about killing someone, it would not be this particular kill.

Perhaps you'd like to contribute something to the thread by sharing one of your own stories instead insulting people and making grunting noises in their general direction.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This instant hostility here is ridiculous. I usually avoid the Alliance War section because the chest beating and cries of hacking and exploits get so repetitious.

This thread could be compared to a craig's list missed hookup ad. Except without the desperate need to get laid being involved. I enjoyed the interaction and I am sad nothing further came from it.

If I was going to brag about killing someone, it would not be this particular kill.

Perhaps you'd like to contribute something to the thread by sharing one of your own stories instead insulting people and making grunting noises in their general direction.

I agree with you but its the Internet and forums are traditionally awful I am still recovering from making a post in the pally forums on wow back in the day.

"welcome to the internet where everyone knows everything and nobody likes anything" - Some guy
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »

I agree with you but its the Internet and forums are traditionally awful I am still recovering from making a post in the pally forums on wow back in the day.

"welcome to the internet where everyone knows everything and nobody likes anything" - Some guy

normally I don't mind but the post wasn't meant to be hostile or braggy in anyway. It just seems odd that it was so quickly perceived that way.

It's not like I posted a picture of me teabagging his corpse or anything. (Which I didn't, that should only be reserved for the most heinous of enemies, obv)
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭

Sorry good buddy, just asking some questions to try to figure out what the post was about. I love you man!

You can go to any of the places in Cyrodiil where there are daily quests, such as Bruma or Cropsford, and find the same sort of pvp you encountered with that guy.

I am truly sorry that you felt offended by my hostile humor. I hope that you have an awesome day, good buddy!
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry good buddy, just asking some questions to try to figure out what the post was about. I love you man!

You can go to any of the places in Cyrodiil where there are daily quests, such as Bruma or Cropsford, and find the same sort of pvp you encountered with that guy.

I am truly sorry that you felt offended by my hostile humor. I hope that you have an awesome day, good buddy!

Considering you accused me of bragging, it wasn't the joking that offended me. Not super offended really, just feel like it brings down the thread for no real purpose. Chiding someone when there is nothing you need to chide them for.

I still have Bruma and Chorrol to do which will be somewhat of a run depending on the state of the map. I mean, I can repeat various places, and when my guildmates are on we go all over the map, but these are the specific villages I need for my achievements at this time.
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭
    Again, I would like to apologize to the community for my actions. I should not have chided or made jokes. It was out of line and there is no excuse for the questions I asked you or the jokes I made. These jokes in no way are a reflection of who I am and what I stand for. There is no excuse for the questions that I asked. The way my questions were phrased came across as hostile and accusing. I would like to take the time to apologize to the victim and the victims friends and family.

Due to my actions I am suspending myself from the forums for one week. I will also be taking classes to hopefully help me curb my hostile posts. At the end of the week if I feel I am truly sorry and have put in the effort to change, I will return to the forums.

Until then I would just like to say that I can and will change.
    Edited by Famemonster on July 30, 2014 10:06PM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I would like to apologize to the community for my actions. I should not have chided or made jokes. It was out of line and there is no excuse for the questions I asked you or the jokes I made. These jokes in no way are a reflection of who I am and what I stand for. There is no excuse for the questions that I asked. The way my questions were phrased came across as hostile and accusing.

Due to my actions I am suspending myself from the forums for one week. I will also be taking classes to hopefully help me curb my hostile posts. At the end of the week if I feel I am truly sorry and have put in the effort to change, I will return to the forums.

Until then I would just like to say that I can and will change.

Can't you just say something like "sorry you interpreted that way, it was not my intent" instead of writing up these sarcastic comments? Is it really so hard for you to admit you might have been wrong?

You're just making it that much of a bigger deal, and intentionally stirring the pot.
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭
    This thread is lolz sorry. You didn't say that you just wanted more of those encounters like you had with that guy in your original post. You asked why didn't the guy come back. I made some some jokes about what could have happened to the guy. I never said you were bragging, I asked you if you were. You really grabbed ahold of that so it looks to me like maybe you were, again not saying you were.

Calling me hostile is probably the funniest part lol.

Toughen up buddy and learn to laugh.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if DC took the nearby keeps, then im sure he/she had more important things to do than hold a grudge battle with some random player questing. I know, im being a jerk, but it's the truth.
    Edited by Cody on July 31, 2014 12:16AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people get so emotional and take people fighting them so personal lol. The guy that attacked you probably forgot about you 30 seconds later.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    The only player coming back to that area after getting beaten is the player who camps the area waiting for fresh blood to stroll in. There's an EP player on wabba who I've run into a couple of times near the quest area SW of Drake. Can't wait till I'm the same level to make it more of a duel rather than being ganked.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people get so emotional and take people fighting them so personal lol. The guy that attacked you probably forgot about you 30 seconds later.

I don't understand why you think I am emotional or took it personal. Do all of you get upset when you fight and assume other people do too?

I had fun.

What is it with you people?
  • Famemonster
    Famemonster
    ✭✭
    I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @smeeprocketnub19_ESO

Why he should have come back? So you can kill him again? What if he brought friends the next time and they killed you? Another post in the forums "you coward got friends to kill me since you couldn't do solo"?

I would personally congratulate the guy for his cool head of not going back for "revenge".

The first rule for someone to enjoy PvP is "Never ever try to go back immediately for revenge kill. 9 out of 10 times you will die again."

That rule of thumb does actually exists since 1997 when UO went live, and was taught to me by a German PKer on Drachenfels server. (good luck to where ever this guy is)

17 years later, I enjoyed PvP on many games. UO, DAOC, EVE, Darkfall by following that simple rule. Anyone who came back on me after getting killed, died again. Every time I was "carried over" to go for the revenge, I lost also.

(few days later though, took my "blood back")
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    I would personally congratulate the guy for his cool head of not going back for "revenge".

The first rule for someone to enjoy PvP is "Never ever try to go back immediately for revenge kill. 9 out of 10 times you will die again."

That rule of thumb does actually exists since 1997 when UO went live, and was taught to me by a German PKer on Drachenfels server. (good luck to where ever this guy is)

17 years later, I enjoyed PvP on many games. UO, DAOC, EVE, Darkfall by following that simple rule. Anyone who came back on me after getting killed, died again. Every time I was "carried over" to go for the revenge, I lost also.

I assume in this case it was much simpler and he simply did not have the opportiunity to respawn in less that half an hour walking time.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not-sure-if-joking-or-srsly-butthurt.jpg
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you happen to have Combat Statistics or a similar add-on installed, next time something like that happens you can look through the log and find his name and use the /tell system to send them a message directly if you were interested in further interaction such as duelling.

If you don't have such an add-on installed or were against the use of add-ons for whatever reasons, my only advice would be to make note of their name if you can and use the same method as above.

Vlastarus is always a good hunting ground for questers and quite often when Brindle is yellow I find random AD to gank there. Same goes for Cheydinhal since in most campaigns I've been in it's either always Red or there are EP still questing.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only gank people when they are busy with other stuff and/or traveling on horse back is the logical reason he didn't come back.