The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DK heavy armor DPS...dual or two handed?

tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
Can you pump out good DPS as a DK in heavy armor while relying on heavy magic use instead of stamina and weapon abilities?

If so, which would be better? Two handed or dual?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to do damage, don't wear heavy armor. You need the crit and resource bonuses from light or medium armor or you'll be relying too much on basic attacks.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    So it wouldn't work even if I put all my attribute points into magic and stamina and wore heavy armor so I don't die?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the attribute points that matter. Medium and light armor give you resource regeneration, reduced resource costs, and extra critical strike chance. You can't really get those stats anywhere else.

If you want the heavy armor look, use 2 heavy (chest and shoulders) with the rest medium or light, or find a disguise to wear.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank