The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inferno seems to be lacking something...

Troponin
Troponin
✭✭✭
Oh yeah, a part in the tool tip where it states "Stop magicka recovery when activated". Come on, I planned out my build to support this skill, only to find out, it doesnt work because of a lack of info in the tool tip. Isn't this a pretty major mechanic to the skill that we should know BEFORE we spend the point for something we probably won't ever use?

I am hoping someone tells me this skill is amazeballs, otherwise, I am going to nerd rage. Yeah, yeah, I get it, there are lots of skill points, I just don't want to use points now on useless skills until AFTER I get the great ones.
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troponin wrote: »
    Oh yeah, a part in the tool tip where it states "Stop magicka recovery when activated". Come on, I planned out my build to support this skill, only to find out, it doesnt work because of a lack of info in the tool tip. Isn't this a pretty major mechanic to the skill that we should know BEFORE we spend the point for something we probably won't ever use?

I am hoping someone tells me this skill is amazeballs, otherwise, I am going to nerd rage. Yeah, yeah, I get it, there are lots of skill points, I just don't want to use points now on useless skills until AFTER I get the great ones.

It wasn't terrible before the needed nerf on ultimate gain from crits because one of the morphs increased your crit chance by 13% when it was leveled up completely. You could try to make it work if you are a Dunmer with soft capped magicka and stamina, medium armor, and dual wield or 2h build, but you won't come close to the numbers you get with dress and stick. I wouldn't recommend taking it though.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    I am using a staff and 7 light armor, but have a tanking off spec build. This would be for farming etc. I am only level 44 atm, but have all magicka enchants, and my magicka recovery is 74. There is just no possible way I can make it work. I see there is a morph that gives magicka back when an enemy dies, but the killing would have to be done insanely fast to make it work, and the killing potential of inferno isnt high enough to make the magicka cost worth it.

Ash cloud morphed is def going to be a much better option, but I am only at skill level 34 in that line. There is almost nothing else worth taking in that skill line, which is why it's been leveling so slowly.
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will disagree with you on earthen heart. There are some great abilities in there. Fragmented Shield, Igneous Weapons, and Cinder Storm are all great abilities. Igneous Weapons is an amazing group buff. The other 2 are situational, but still very good abilities.
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    I will disagree with you on earthen heart. There are some great abilities in there. Fragmented Shield, Igneous Weapons, and Cinder Storm are all great abilities. Igneous Weapons is an amazing group buff. The other 2 are situational, but still very good abilities.

I agree with Igneous weapons, but cinder storm is what I am after and what I mentioned was a way better options to Inferno. Fragmented shield is mediocre compared to other options you could have on your bar(s) and comes down so fast, you almost have to spam it.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    couple up inferno with siphon spirit from rest staff that gives you bak magika every time you hit the target (you don't need to cast it yourself its good as long as the debuff is on a target you'r hitting with inferno) with that and full light armor inferno become almost free... at least this worked last time I checked but it was a few patches ago so I can't assure that it wasn't changed later on (I'm not a DK I was only helping a friend with his build)