The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bonus set changes?

OmegaSeven
OmegaSeven
✭✭
I noticed this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/118944/1-3-0-armor-and-weapon-sets/p1

After seeing this would be the first time in my ESO experience I don't feel playing the game at all. I don't see anything wrong with the sets as they are now. I understand the changes in some ways due to stamina builds, but there has to be a better way to go about it. Now this is ruining the experience for myself and most of the guild I am in. Most of us are asking the question of why Zenimax is making changes out of thin air and changing the game so much, and why they fail to listen to their customers and obviously don't care about it's customers or community.

I don't see the point to change the bonus sets as they are now and neither does majority of the people in our guild. Most of us may unsubscribe if major changes keep happening like this so quickly. It's pretty clear Zenimax has no clue what they are doing or where they want this game to be they just change things without listening to the community it's pretty sad honestly.

Just a suggestion Zenimax try listening to the community before you lose it. I played Elder Scrolls games for a long time. This Elder Scrolls game that you are making now does not feel like a Elder Scrolls experience whatsoever to me.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The idea is to allow for more customization and more combinations that are good/top-end, + provide bonuses for the intermediate steps on set bonuses. Right now there are only a handful of good set combinations. After 1.3 there will be a lot more, particularly for PVP. Of any change Zenimax has made to this game, the set rebalancing & redo is BY FAR the best addition/fix.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 18, 2014 7:44PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion Zenimax try listening to the community before you lose it. I played Elder Scrolls games for a long time. This Elder Scrolls game that you are making now does not feel like a Elder Scrolls experience whatsoever to me.

You do realize that this change is because they're listening to the community, right? you do realize that majority of the sets are crap and these changes will make them more useful, and it will cut down on cookie cutter setups that only further increased the disconnect between stamina and magicka based builds?

These changes are not out of no where and they most certainly aren't ignoring people in regards to them. What it comes down to is that you've grown accustomed to a certain play style and now they're putting a wrench in it, boo hoo.

This is a great itemization change that was complained about for a while. A lot of the sets made no sense to have their best ability with only 3 items, so they got moved to 5. Now sets have 2 set bonuses and 4 set bonuses making them stronger.

There are now many combinations to experiment with and it's quite amusing to see people so vehemently opposed to something that is actually a good change.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

I love the changes and feel it will greatly improve itemization in the game. Most people seem to be upset more to be upset then really understanding why they are upset.

I do feel for those who have all legendary Willow's Path and Twilights embrace for the 10% spell crit. Would go a long way for ZoS if they made it 3 pcs of willow and 4 pcs of twilights still give 10% spell crit to stop all the crying. (BTW I do have VR12 legendary versions of willows and twilight's but only use Willows atm).

Biggest thing I wish they would do is increase the spell damage soft cap by another 18 spell damage. I feel 129 is just to low when considering spell damage potions and spell damage temporary buffs.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (looks at his legendary vr10 cov axes, and tons of vr10 legendary glyphs that magically changed to vr9 when vr12 was added and sighs)

The glyphs were kinda annoying since they were top tier and magically became second tier during the enchanting reshuffle. Literally dropped in level range. The axes I didn't care about since it was a level raise ;). The existing gear you're wearing being changed I kinda get since it is more like the glyphs, though the gear didn't suddenly become sub level cap like those had.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game Balancing in MMO's NEVER ends. It starts in Alpha and continues until they shut the servers off for good. If you seriously can't adapt to a change in gear set bonuses then maybe MMO's aren't for you.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armour changes are awesome.
    Coped with the new softcaps this new bonuses will make chars much stronger.
    I just wish we would be able to craft jewellry to use 2 full armour bonuses at a time and have even more combinations, but I guess that's reserved for furrher updates.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/118944/1-3-0-armor-and-weapon-sets/p1

After seeing this would be the first time in my ESO experience I don't feel playing the game at all. I don't see anything wrong with the sets as they are now. I understand the changes in some ways due to stamina builds, but there has to be a better way to go about it. Now this is ruining the experience for myself and most of the guild I am in. Most of us are asking the question of why Zenimax is making changes out of thin air and changing the game so much, and why they fail to listen to their customers and obviously don't care about it's customers or community.

I don't see the point to change the bonus sets as they are now and neither does majority of the people in our guild. Most of us may unsubscribe if major changes keep happening like this so quickly. It's pretty clear Zenimax has no clue what they are doing or where they want this game to be they just change things without listening to the community it's pretty sad honestly.

Congrats on opening a thread with no meaningful suggestion. You don't even say why it bothers you that the sets are changing. Too expensive to upgrade/change? You enjoy three piece warlock set like every other sorc?

I'm happy that my stam build has plenty of options to consider, and I'm glad to see changes to popular sets that make you consider other sets. I've seen so many hype posts after the Quakecon reveals, what's going on behind the scenes - I honestly have no clue what your second paragraph is talking about. I think it's clear you, and a very small number of others, have a vision and that's not the direction ZOS is taking.

Also - when hundings rage changed from being % to flat bonus you kept the original, old item(s) that you had. They weren't retroactive and remained as they were. My friend still has an original 5piece hundings rage set, so unless they change existing items just hold onto whatever tickles your fancy and have fun with them after 1.3.

Edit: Also, check out http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121494/pts-patch-notes-v1-3-1#latest -
    Item Sets
    Thanks to your feedback, we’ve changed some of the set bonuses on existing sets to be more in line with what they were before patch 1.3.0. This is especially true for Hist Bark, Willow’s Path and Twilight’s Embrace.

They are listening IMO, hopefully what they list will calm you down and let you go back to enjoying the game.
    Edited by LunaRae on July 21, 2014 10:05PM
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    please unsub, so we can have less QQ promoters
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are these coming and are they gonna be retro active ie effect my current gear?
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a coder, but wouldn't each set have some some of ID or reference number for each item, that way when the patch goes live, the ID would be effected. That would make them retroactive yes?

I can't see how you'd be able to have two identical sets pre and post patch having different values.

Edited by kijima on July 22, 2014 7:17AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS