The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Re: Tabards. What do you think about this?

Sunrock
Sunrock
✭✭✭
What do you thing about this?
sholdertabard.jpg

The light armor shoulder epaulets sits above the tabard. This looks ugly too me. I want the tabard to go over the epaulets. Hope they change this before things go live.

PS: The item level is 12 on those epaulets.
Edited by Sunrock on July 15, 2014 10:53PM
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think there are that many shoulder pieces that fit like that. Most of them wont have this issue. I see where you are coming from though.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty much just Altmer light armor that does it afaik. Not sure if it's worth making an exception, and altering the model to always go over the shoulders would probably look bad on everything else. But if it can be done, I'm all for that.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    Ick. Hopefully, they can do something about that. However, it really is no worse than the tucking the tabard in the robes in WOW did.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    great idea with the tabards. BUT your right a huge problem if the design/tabard sits under any clothing. It would make it pointless to wonder around with "half a guild crest".

Tabard goes over everything else ZOS
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    It's Altmer and Ancient Elf that have the across design like that.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low level Breton light shoulders as well.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    I actually rather like the way that looks. It'd be ugly if the tabard somehow came over the epualets. You guys will complain about anything.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Mataata wrote: »
    I actually rather like the way that looks. It'd be ugly if the tabard somehow came over the epualets. You guys will complain about anything.

lol you can't even see the the head of the lion... sure you can disagree with the op but what are you gonna do when all others will be over the shoulder? Will you complain it's not how you like it?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh ... They could easily change the shoulders to have a opening at the front so tabards show better.

But i can't say it bothers me much ...
    ;-)
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    Yokudan light shoulders will do that as well.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Marcusstratus
    Marcusstratus
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'm a huge fan of the collar-like epaulets (the low level Breton shown in the picture as well as the higher level Altmer) so I would not want to see the design of those change, but I do understand how some people would find it annoying to have part of their emblem obscured. I'm not too bothered by that myself actually, but I think it's a fair point anyways. The problem will be that designating the layer of the tabard in relation to the epaulets so that it will look 'right' in every case may mean it needs to be under some styles and over others which would probably mean some complicated division of the different styles of epaulets in the coding (not that I really know, but that seems a likely reason why they may not want to bother). In the case shown in the picture I think the tabard would look alright on top of the caplet-like epaulets, but as it is now it just looks realistic to me, though admittedly not practical for identifying the emblem.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    sholdertabard.jpg

The light armor shoulder epaulets sits above the tabard. This looks ugly too me. I want the tabard to go over the epaulets. Hope they change this before things go live.

Thing....
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    sholdertabard.jpg

Thing....

Congratulation you found a spelling error on the Internet. Most be word first.
  • Mahogany
    Mahogany
    ✭✭✭
    sholdertabard.jpg

Thing....

Congratulation you found a spelling error on the Internet. Most be word first.

I see what you did there...
    Edited by Mahogany on July 20, 2014 10:36PM