Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.3 - Random Loading Screens

Neizir
Neizir
✭✭✭✭✭
So as I've been playing 1.3 on the PTS I've been getting random loading screens which are a few seconds long usually. I'm not sure why I'm getting them but they usually occur while I'm moving around the world.
Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
I have a fancy signature.
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are mostly two possible reasons:
    1. The client has too load more files then the disk can handle. CPU and RAM might play a minor part too (too few CPU cycles left for the file processing or need to swap a lot).
    The blob loader thread just got way too much workload. And if it has a long queue, the UI shows you the loading screen (instead of a unshapely, half loaded gameworld).

2. You might get forcefully re-phased. Perhaps to match your group leader. Perhaps because your old phase is getting removed for underpopulation.
    This happened to me once or twice only. And only shortly after 1.2.3 was released. Try to look if the players are different after the loading screen.

Edit: Also, PTS has it's own subforum. Might have been better placed there.
    Edited by zgrssd on July 20, 2014 10:02AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.