The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alik'r Desert does a number on my FPS

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I never have any FPS problems in this game until now, normally the game goes about 50-60 FPS in towns and 70+ FPS out in the wild. I don't know what it is about this zone, but its the only place in the game I can't run on ultra/high settings. The constant sandstorm drops my game from 50-60 FPS to around 20 FPS when they're actively playing, looks choppy moving around. HoonDing's Watch ruin area damages my game when crossing certain parts of it, the game actually dives into the 5 FPS range and stays there even when swapping characters or playing in another zone. It stays like that until I exit the game entirely and restart from the Launcher. Some other areas in this zone are to a lesser extent, there's one quest that also does this but only when I have to "examine" water holes called Johads, those too drop me from 50 FPS to 5 FPS when I'm near them and goes back to normal when I get away.