The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Stamina Sorcerer Build] The Dark Reaper, Dark Brotherhood Edition (lots of changes coming soon.)

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
A high burst damage melee based build with survivability and stealth revolving around Criticals, Bleed healing and rooting.
CURRENTLY PENDING COMPLETE RE-WRITE SO LINKS MAY NOT WORK!
TheDarkReaper_zps9a3609b5.png

---> Skill point distribution as requested <---
Skills on Hotbar;

Critical Surge: critical damage healing as well as a damage boost, everyones friend except the guy you just stabbed, he didn't like it much, now works with all our damage though a much smaller amount, but more stable amount of healing.

UPDATE Blinding Flurry Bloodthirst: great damage and the new heal at the end means more survival in combat and since it hits faster, less chances of being interrupted in combat by petty things like stuns or range.

Vigor: Part of how we will be healing ourselves over a long fight, it's not exactly Blood Carve, but it keeps us alive much better than Carve ever did and doesn't cost to much stamina so we can use it multiple times.

Bound Armaments:
Grants 11% bonus heavy attack damage and 8% max stamina (Rank IV) which can be very useful for initiating hard damage but unfortunately i would more likely recommend this one for the PvE side of The Dark Reapers way since you would be throwing away one of our only ranged hits unless you use a bow on your other bar, even though i myself use this one for PvP, the heavy attacks from stealth and bloodthirst can hit really hard

UpdatedInvigorating Drain:it Restores our health by 10% of our missing health every second, it also can be used multiple times in combat on the same target which gives us a reliable control as well as generating that much needed ultimate.

Devouring Swarm: Our true Vampire damage dealing skill, the bat swarm, more specifically Devouring Swarm, allows us to deal huge Area damage, heal ourselves and is repetitively cheap on ultimate cost, giving us a great choice for our work.

NEW Bow Skill Bar

This part isn't fully required but i found that a bow was needed at times, but an extra set of daggers also worked in a pinch, but the bows range served me better.

Venom Injection for burning down foes with poison damage, Focused aim for hitting them hard and from afar while lowering their armour, Vigor because the healing is still useful even to a ranged user, Elusive Mist so we can switch to this bar and retreat if needed while lowering incoming damage and moving faster, Bound Armaments so we dont lose the buff while weapon switching, Soul Assault since it does great damage and slows them meaning more chance for us to catch up to them or land further arrows on them.

Important Skill Notes;

Vampirism is a must: the passive [Dark Stalker] is a core part of how we will be initiating fights as well as moving around, we also need the [Supernatural Recovery] to enhance ourselves in mind and body (stam and health regeneration), [Unnatural Resistance] and [Undeath] are handy but not required as both are mediocre passives.

If it's not Medium it's not worth it: Medium armour is a must, it enhances our stamina in many ways and allows us to stealth better which is part of our core.

Racial Awareness: some races are better then others for the path of the Dark Reaper, the furry Khajiit have a better affinity for the way we work, but it's not required, i myself am an Altmeri

Legerdemain's Improved Hiding Passive ;

This passive is very useful for us due to our nature of relying on stealth and can be quite taxing on Stamina so with this we can sneak around for a much longer time without using up so much energy we should be saving for the next strike.

Champion Points Priorities:

best thing for us is physical damage increase, damage over time increase, damage resistances from red stars of your choice (i go half physical and magical) and a decent amount of stamina regen and cost stars with a tiny bit of dodge roll.

Vital Gear Bonuses For Success;

4 parts of the Ashen Grip set: this just gives us more damage to be able to deal deadlier strikes in combat.

Updated5 parts of the Hundings Rage Set: Since shields are no longer a threat any more a flat damage increase was needed and what better way than a crafted set?

UpdateTwo Daggers with the Sharpened Trait: this will boost our damage a huge amount, well worth the investment.

Jewelery: Of Agility for the 3 piece set since it gives us that much needed bonus damage, not much else to add on this since it's straight forward and comes in 2 rings + and amulet.

Bonus tip regarding sets: Make 5 parts Shield breaker and 4 Ashen Grip parts (2 daggers 2 other armor pieces), this allows you to setup hotbar 2 for a Bow without losing to much of the set bonuses.

NEW Poisons: with the new addition of poisons in this update it was worth noting that one of the more handy poison combo's you can use for PvP are ones that combine Snares, Magicka cost and increased damage intake while for PvE the best poisons for us to use is one that steals the enemies vitality and causes damage over time.

Though you will need a bit of initiative little vampires and work the combo's out for yourself ;)
General Rule of Combat;

Updated Basic Combat: Stealth, get behind, Stab with a heavy blow, Bloodthirst them down one by one, Vigor when they try resist and Drain them when we start to get below 50% health or need to stun them/slow their retreat.

Boss Fighting: this is where things can get tricky, some enemies cannot be Restrained, [Invigorating Drain] from our vampire background will save us in needed times of self healing for those fights where we cannot restrain them (gargoyles are great at this) we can use our [BloodCraze] and [Bound Armaments] allows us to take the extra beating and still whittle them down. sadly some enemies don't get held down, unfortunately there is no work around for this so you will have to use your own wit for this one.

Dark Reaper End Notes;

This is the play style i'v used from Veteran rank 1 to Veteran Rank 16 and i have had very little problems managing it it is a solid and reliable build that even functions well in Cyrodiil against those who would laugh at us.

Thanks for reading and hope this helps anyone out there :)

oh and side note, this is not a copy of a build, this is something i'v come up with purely through game play, apparently this is a build some would call "Storm Reaver" but i can assure you i'v not looked up any builds, no fun in copying people in my opinion, learn from trial and error so if you feel the build is missing something, adapt and share :)
Edited by dsalter on July 16, 2019 2:36AM
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/sorcerer/?asb=7276
    For a more close up look of the skill tree
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    updated the build.
    it's barely changed par set pieces but other then that this update it's gained a major boost
    while your add it join the guild in signature and be part of the cult of the build which is the Mournhold Shadow Stalkers
    Edited by dsalter on August 13, 2014 4:10PM

• phl0w
    phl0w
    Hi there,

I am looking for a dw/bow build, and stumbled across your Dark Reaper build. Initially I wanted to go Khajiit/NB, from a RP/lore point of view. I have no problems though to choose viability over RP. ;)
    I had a look at your linked skills, and was wondering if NB couldn't do basically the same stuff, that you choose the Sorc for? Like basic CC, crits, and a good deal of self-heal.

Seeing that you are V12, and I read of many Stamina based NBs, that hit a brick wall at V6, and had to switch to Magicka/Light Armor based builds, I am interested in your take on this.

TL;DR: Would this combat style (sneaky dw/bow with cc, and self heal) work as NB too?

Thank you.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phl0w wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking for a dw/bow build, and stumbled across your Dark Reaper build. Initially I wanted to go Khajiit/NB, from a RP/lore point of view. I have no problems though to choose viability over RP. ;)
    I had a look at your linked skills, and was wondering if NB couldn't do basically the same stuff, that you choose the Sorc for? Like basic CC, crits, and a good deal of self-heal.

Seeing that you are V12, and I read of many Stamina based NBs, that hit a brick wall at V6, and had to switch to Magicka/Light Armor based builds, I am interested in your take on this.

TL;DR: Would this combat style (sneaky dw/bow with cc, and self heal) work as NB too?

Thank you.
    sadly the Restraining prison used for the root+slow and Critical Surge are both Sorcerer only so i think you'd need to find one oriented around a Nightblade :(

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting, especially the restraining prison usage.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks interesting, especially the restraining prison usage.
    it's very effective and the slow lingers letting you keep the 15% crit from the passive allowing for further healing ;)

• phl0w
    phl0w
    You are right, the synergy with exploitation is too good to pass up, and the NB class has only a single target stun which is just not as good as Restraining Prison + Exploitation.

What Stats do you recommend for leveling? 2:1 Stam/HP? What's your end-game stat distribution? Unfortunately the build doesn't show.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are right, the synergy with exploitation is too good to pass up, and the NB class has only a single target stun which is just not as good as Restraining Prison + Exploitation.

What Stats do you recommend for leveling? 2:1 Stam/HP? What's your end-game stat distribution? Unfortunately the build doesn't show.
    at the moment i'm 0:20:29, food caps my health+stamina, armor covers magicka amount increase, magicka regen on one jewelty, stam on another, fire resistance on the 3rd, fires a pain so i like to lower it some and i can keep up a fight with hidden blade working as a very nice finisher due to the passives of DW and the high crit chance means your going to keep health flowing and the crit ticks from blood surge count healing to

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    added in a new piece of information on play style

• phl0w
    phl0w
    Hi again,
    having had a blast with your build at now VR3. I have yet to patch the client. Do you have any experience how this build works out with the new champion system - anything I have to be careful of when picking?

Thanks

EDIT: Wasn't aware that Update 6 hasn't gone live yet. Will renew sub whenever it hits the live servers, and hope to hear back from you.
    Edited by phl0w on January 19, 2015 4:10PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi again,
    having had a blast with your build at now VR3. I have yet to patch the client. Do you have any experience how this build works out with the new champion system - anything I have to be careful of when picking?

Thanks

EDIT: Wasn't aware that Update 6 hasn't gone live yet. Will renew sub whenever it hits the live servers, and hope to hear back from you.

sorry for the late reply, was unfortunatly hospitalized and hadn't gotten out till the other day.

unfortunatly the nightsilence set has lost it's speed bonus and now when used with vampirism you move at normal run speed and not sprint speed hindering initiation for us not blessed with ambush.

damage is thankfully increased and a majority of the build still holds place.

will be updating it within a few minutes if you are still interested in the build as i still use it, tho still experimenting with champ points atm.

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updated to todays features

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Updates Set bonuses

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have some question :)

are u sure that the slow of restraining prison also affects the dual wield passive for 15% more dmg? another point is, u are saying restraining prison improves our critical riating with exploitation, sure, but only spell crit so we doenst ebnefit really from it or?

anyway, great build and work, keep the good work up mate!
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    I have some question :)

are u sure that the slow of restraining prison also affects the dual wield passive for 15% more dmg? another point is, u are saying restraining prison improves our critical riating with exploitation, sure, but only spell crit so we doenst ebnefit really from it or?

anyway, great build and work, keep the good work up mate!

ahh thanks for pointing out exploitation, totally slipped my mind it had beeen changed, i'll amend that, and yes the duelweild passive benifits from it as any slow, root etc benifits from the passive

i'm mainly waiting for a point when darkshards either works off stamina OR magicka or we get a new skill that fits in better thank blinding fury since currently it's a risk vs reward skill to use since you can bash it
    Edited by dsalter on July 20, 2015 5:36AM

• lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    Shadow Walker rings and Morag Tong pendant with 3 pieces of medium (for 4 total pieces) set would do wonders for this build over Ashen Grip, or you could mix heavy and medium and do Dreugh King for higher weapon damage and less squishy with higher spell resist and armor rating. Would do wonders with undaunted mettle.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadow Walker rings and Morag Tong pendant with 3 pieces of medium (for 4 total pieces) set would do wonders for this build over Ashen Grip, or you could mix heavy and medium and do Dreugh King for higher weapon damage and less squishy with higher spell resist and armor rating. Would do wonders with undaunted mettle.

got any links to these sets? i struggle to find up to date information these days

• lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    Here you go. I still need to improve the morag dagger, but it gives you an idea.

bfsLyDX.png

also that seconds boot is supposed to be a Bracer of Morag Tong...oops
    Edited by lifefrombelowb14_ESO on July 20, 2015 6:12AM
  • phl0w
    phl0w
    That's amazing gear, lifefrombelow. Definitely a huge improvement for the build.
    I'm just a casual playing when time allows (VR3) My last playtime was in January.
    When should one strive for good crafted gear? Should you wait till you hit VR14 with crafting, and just use stuff that drops for grinding to cap, or is there a sense in crafting for leveling? I guess it's a waste of resources.

Might go back to my Dark Reaper, and give the game another try over summer.

lifefrombelow: How do you get the set bonuses from that Hunding's Rage dagger without wearing anything else?
    Edited by phl0w on July 20, 2015 9:43AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here you go. I still need to improve the morag dagger, but it gives you an idea.

bfsLyDX.png

also that seconds boot is supposed to be a Bracer of Morag Tong...oops

thosr shadow walker rings are deffinitly interesting but the morag is nice but those sprint traits are alittle worrying, tempting but how useful is 30% less sprint cost exactly? usually using this build if i'm sprinting usually means i'm dead

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still experimenting atm folks but an updated guide is coming soon :)
    but a little heads up, level up invigorating drain ;)
    Edited by dsalter on September 1, 2015 8:38PM

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blinding Fury is a dot and doesn't work with surge anymore iirc, correct me if i'm wrong.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Blinding Fury is a dot and doesn't work with surge anymore iirc, correct me if i'm wrong.

yeah can confirm it's a DoT, shame really but guess i need to find a work around tho the concuss is still useful and it hammers through blocks so it might stay

• Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a sorcerer, try using overload and putting things like caltrops, dark deal on the overload bar. Also try to slot evil or camo hunter with flurry and rune cage - that way you can use rune cage as an instant cc that flurry doesn't break and evil hunter gets multiple chances to proc off. Finally vigour is a replacement heal on your dw bar, crit surge can go back bar or visa versa.
    Edited by Jar_Ek on September 3, 2015 12:44PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally got around to updating it.

• phl0w
    phl0w
    dsalter wrote: »
    Nice. Maybe you could update the build on ESO Skill Calculator as well? I don't know where to find half the skills, since most of them are morphed. Like Vigor? Invigorating Drain? No idea...
    Also, are the "old" passives of this build still legit?

Thanks for your work, and time.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    Nice. Maybe you could update the build on ESO Skill Calculator as well? I don't know where to find half the skills, since most of them are morphed. Like Vigor? Invigorating Drain? No idea...
    Also, are the "old" passives of this build still legit?

Thanks for your work, and time.

oh i had forgotten about that one tbh, if you can link it i'll update it asap, been busy so not gunna be able to get around to it for afew hours

• phl0w
    phl0w
    if you can link it i'll update it asap
    I played around a calculator myself, and this is what I came up with, from what I've learned in this thread so far. is this build what you have in mind?

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mMsztg9mGymia8w2Vj8jJF08AuO08NQRs8Triv8jJDD85oz27zmzcwmk8p7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6MdBET8t7HIsgW6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYl28J7xqziO6MNUIz6MNUIN8K7xIzuj6MANRQ8U7aIrXg8Y7sqfJI6IfJN6zjFYb6zjFYd6zjFYf6MjFYi6MjFYh6MjKBj8zz7pctyrG6ztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

CP:
    Warrior: The Steed - Medium Armor Focus
    Mage: The Ritual - Piercing & Mighty
    Thief: Lover - Mooncalf
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you can link it i'll update it asap
    I played around a calculator myself, and this is what I came up with, from what I've learned in this thread so far. is this build what you have in mind?

http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mMsztg9mGymia8w2Vj8jJF08AuO08NQRs8Triv8jJDD85oz27zmzcwmk8p7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6MdBET8t7HIsgW6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYl28J7xqziO6MNUIz6MNUIN8K7xIzuj6MANRQ8U7aIrXg8Y7sqfJI6IfJN6zjFYb6zjFYd6zjFYf6MjFYi6MjFYh6MjKBj8zz7pctyrG6ztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

CP:
    Warrior: The Steed - Medium Armor Focus
    Mage: The Ritual - Piercing & Mighty
    Thief: Lover - Mooncalf

THIS IS WHAT SETUP I USE
    Click the "skills" tab, cant seem to get it to load directly

CP i use Mage, Piercing and Mighty
    Warrior, Hardy
    Thief , Mooncalf
    Edited by dsalter on September 12, 2015 7:48AM

• phl0w
    phl0w
    I wasted two points in Energized already, unfortunately without Critical Surge's profiting from its added damage. Do you know by any chance if improved healing from the warrior sign synergizes with this builds self-healing abilities?