The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS, when will we see a credit on our accounts for the loss of service?

onlinegamer1
onlinegamer1
✭✭✭✭✭
Obviously, now that the FPS issue has caused a loss of service for ESO for more than 1 week (25% of our payment period), Zenimax now legally owes us a credit.

My question is, when will we see the credit on our accounts for the (likely) 2 weeks ($7.50) of lost play time?

Thanks in advance.
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    They legally owe you nothing. Read the ToS.

Would it be nice that they gave everyone a few days credit? Yes, but do not hold your breath.
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armianlee wrote: »

Would it be nice that they gave everyone a few days credit? Yes, but do not hold your breath.

Sorry, I live in Connecticut, try reading our consumer protection laws. They do, in fact, legally owe me a refund. Maybe your state/country has weaker consumer protection laws, dunno.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server was up. Case closed.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »

100% irrelevant. We don't pay for "connection to a server", we pay for "game play". This is old news, and has been argued before in courts, so its not new to ZoS. We can call customer support right now and get our credit. That's not up for debate. I am just asking when we'll see it (July or Aug's invoice?)
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know that ToS are, almost always, not actually legally enforceable or overriding yeah? Your legal rights take precedent over any ToS in most civilised countries. These days the amount of lengthy T&C we have to agree to makes it practically impossible to actually read them so it's lucky that we can't over-ride the actual law with these things. :P

Good luck enforcing your legal rights about 7 bucks fifty though folks. ;)

On the other hand... it makes good business sense for ZOS to keep those people around who might otherwise leave because they're unlikely to return if they break sub.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »

100% irrelevant. We don't pay for "connection to a server", we pay for "game play". This is old news, and has been argued before in courts, so its not new to ZoS. We can call customer support right now and get our credit. That's not up for debate. I am just asking when we'll see it (July or Aug's invoice?)

An FPS issue in one particular area does not constitute a complete loss of gameplay. You have chosen to only play that area of the game. The company has not cut off all other options for you.

What is with all the armchair lawyers here tonight? You do not have any basis for a lawsuit. Get over it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know that ToS are, almost always, not actually legally enforceable or overriding yeah? Your legal rights take precedent over any ToS in most civilised countries. These days the amount of lengthy T&C we have to agree to makes it practically impossible to actually read them so it's lucky that we can't over-ride the actual law with these things. :P

On the other hand... it makes good business sense for ZOS to keep those people around who might otherwise leave because they're unlikely to return if they break sub.

Its a financial issue.

Would ZoS send a lawyer to small claims court to defend the suit and pay them $200/hr over $7.50?

Yeah, call customer service, you'll get your credit! ROFL.
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, I live in Connecticut, try reading our consumer protection laws. They do, in fact, legally owe me a refund. Maybe your state/country has weaker consumer protection laws, dunno.

You are paying $15 a month for access to the game when the game is up. Zenimax can and does have the right to change parts of the game with out your knowledge or consent. Parts of the game may be removed (or in this case inaccessible).

Some of you guys hide behind the laws thinking they protect you against everything. The consumer protection law you're talking about pretty much covers that the game will work, can you log in and play? Yes you can.
    5) See 1)

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a financial issue.

Would ZoS send a lawyer to small claims court to defend the suit and pay them $200/hr over $7.50?

Yeah, call customer service, you'll get your credit! ROFL.

To my knowledge, federal and state law still requires that a lawsuit be for a minimum of $20 to even qualify for small claims court.
    ----
    Murray?
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are paying $15 a month for access to the game when the game is up. Zenimax can and does have the right to change parts of the game with out your knowledge or consent. Parts of the game may be removed (or in this case inaccessible).

Some of you guys hide behind the laws thinking they protect you against everything. The consumer protection law you're talking about pretty much covers that the game will work, can you log in and play? Yes you can.

I get to argue in court what I consider "game play". They can send a lawyer to defend it in small claims court at $200/hr and argue your point.

Or, you know, they can credit my account for $7.50 when I call customer support.
    LOL!
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    This horse is very tired.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get to argue in court what I consider "game play". They can send a lawyer to defend it in small claims court at $200/hr and argue your point.

Or, you know, they can credit my account for $7.50 when I call customer support.
    LOL!

You realize that you'll have to hire an attorney too, right? Or that you'll have to invest several hours in paperwork preparation and pre-trial motions, which their attorneys-on-retainer will bury you in, should you think this is a fun little prank to pull.

And again, you can't actually sue for $7.50 in the US.
    ----
    Murray?
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!

You realize that you'll have to hire an attorney too, right? Or that you'll have to invest several hours in paperwork preparation and pre-trial motions, which their attorneys-on-retainer will bury you in, should you think this is a fun little prank to pull.

You absolutely can in small claims court. You can also represent yourself (no need for me to hire any lawyer.)

Plus, as usual, I would sue for the $7.50 plus court costs/fees. Naturally.
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭

LOL!

LOL. Okay, have fun doing that. Let me know how it turns out for you.

You need to file, which will cost you. Retain counsel, which will cost you. Buy a nice new suit for court, which will cost you. Take time off work, which will cost you, all over not being able to access a small portion of the game for 6 days? ($2.50 in sub fee) You're a special kind of special.
    5) See 1)

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!

You absolutely can in small claims court. You can also represent yourself (no need for me to hire any lawyer.)

Plus, as usual, I would sue for the $7.50 plus court costs/fees. Naturally.

You don't have any court costs/fees if you aren't hiring an attorney, and the courts still require you to sue the company for a minimum of $20. That has to be $20 before you tack on your non-existent fees.

Please stop playing lawyer: you're not very good at it, but you might rile up some other poor people who think this would be a fun thing to spoil the CS phone reps' evenings with.
    ----
    Murray?
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!

You need to file, which will cost you. Retain counsel, which will cost you. Buy a nice new suit for court, which will cost you. Take time off work, which will cost you, all over not being able to access a small portion of the game for 6 days? ($2.50 in sub fee) You're a special kind of special.

File: they will pay as damages
    Counsel: Nope, small claims does not require counsel.
    Suit: I'm 45, I have one.
    Time off work: salary, no loss of pay.

Next?
  • Zebug
    Zebug
    ✭✭✭
    What fps issue? Working for me... Maybe it's on your end

But in the end.. Why don't you just call customer service like you say it's so easy to do and get your partial refund instead of trying to get attention for yourself
    Edited by Zebug on June 30, 2014 11:09PM
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭

LOL!

File: they will pay as damages
    Counsel: Nope, small claims does not require counsel.
    Suit: I'm 45, I have one.
    Time off work: salary, no loss of pay.

Next?

You're 45 and you cannot do basic math? 6 days of lost service isn't equal to 7.50.

How about you and the other buddy go ahead and get your lawsuits going. Come back and let us all know how it went for you.
    5) See 1)

• Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    Given the precedent that would be established if you did succeed, which you most probably would not, it would not be one $200 lawyer they sent it would be a entire firm with a lot more expensive lawyers I assure you.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, where I live, laws do cover all of this and, technically, someone who purchased a sub for PvP could claim refund. Unfortunately the contract is with the retailer. If you bought a gamecard that is whomever you bought that from or, if directly, that's ZOS and I have no idea what happens when the company is headquartered somewhere else.

But what kind of *** Poindexter would waste their time and money heading to small claims for 7 bucks fifty? That's a net loss for a pointless highhorse.

The laws aren't there for this kind of dummy-spit.

That doesn't mean it's not in the best interest of the game for Zeni to issue codes for 14 day subs to all PvPers.

edit: the filtered bit was the Freudian term for overorderly stubborness.

Edited by ferzalrwb17_ESO on June 30, 2014 11:11PM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how this guy is getting reamed in the other lawsuit thread, so he decides to make his own. Can't fix stupid...
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    I love how this guy is getting reamed in the other lawsuit thread, so he decides to make his own. Can't fix stupid...

I love how the timestamp of this thread pre-dates my first post in the other thread, so I clearly TIMETRAVELED to create this thread according to you.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we need a Bundy Clock.
    We could just punch in and out when we play.
    Maybe we could even get paid some overtime or get our friends to punch our cards for us.
    Of course ZoS will refund our time when we are "off the clock" and sleeping or attending to other Earthly matters.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeebus...close this thread please. Or I suppose you could close my response

[snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on July 1, 2014 12:57AM
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭

Actually, where I live, laws do cover all of this and, technically, someone who purchased a sub for PvP could claim refund. Unfortunately the contract is with the retailer. If you bought a gamecard that is whomever you bought that from or, if directly, that's ZOS and I have no idea what happens when the company is headquartered somewhere else.

But what kind of *** Poindexter would waste their time and money heading to small claims for 7 bucks fifty? That's a net loss for a pointless highhorse.

The laws aren't there for this kind of dummy-spit.

That doesn't mean it's not in the best interest of the game for Zeni to issue codes for 14 day subs to all PvPers.

Oh I agree, if you are paying for a game which is ONLY PVP and cannot access that you're (or should be) entitled to a refund.

It isn't even $7.50 that he'd be entitled to, it would be a portion of the $2.50 in current loss PVP time. Since there are 3 factions to explore and Cyrodiil we can say approximately 1/4 of the $2.50 is what is owed to him... so he is beating his chest and stroking his neckbeard over .63 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said at the beginning, I think they more than owe us a few free days of sub. Not only for Cyrodiil but also the other bunch of *** that we have had to put up with. However I am not going to really cry over that few dollars.
    Edited by Armianlee on June 30, 2014 11:37PM
    5) See 1)

• Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love how the timestamp of this thread pre-dates my first post in the other thread, so I clearly TIMETRAVELED to create this thread according to you.

Then Vice Versa. You still tried the same thing in two threads and got reamed both times.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • necrolineage
    necrolineage
    ✭✭✭
    It is not a question of law or anything else that consumer confidence.

How can we trust in a company that makes no gesture of goodwill when it does not offer the expected product?
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then Vice Versa. You still tried the same thing in two threads and got reamed both times.

I must have missed something - when did the dictionary redefine "reamed" as "won handily" ?
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, now that the FPS issue has caused a loss of service for ESO for more than 1 week (25% of our payment period), Zenimax now legally owes us a credit.

My question is, when will we see the credit on our accounts for the (likely) 2 weeks ($7.50) of lost play time?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't consider it a loss. I would consider a push to get out before you waste any more cash for a ticket on this Titanic's maiden voyage.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The developers don't kill games. Players who support the views listed here kill games.

Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.