The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ability to remap keys (E, R, Alt) while using a container?

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
Most of the time I open a container I immediately close it. I was thinking it would be nice if I could remap those keys that can be used when using a container (E, R, and Alt). The reason for this is that I would probably swap E and Alt so E would basically become a container open/close toggle. Normally I move slightly to close a container but thought a single open/close key would be nice as well. Any ideas? Thank you.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have those keys remapped using the vanilla UI.
    I use "Enter" to open a container and another "Enter" to take all and close the container.

That allows me to quickly glance over the items and then taken them all with just 2nd quick hit on "Enter".

I don't like auto loot because every once in a while i do get junk i don't want.
    ;-)
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must not have found the right one then. Do you remember which one it is? I thought I tested everything that had "Alt" in the key mapping and was still given "Alt" to close a container. Otherwise, Alt normally just opens the inventory if I remember right.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at work right now but in the key mapping section there is another setting for something call "secondary action" (or something similar).

I set both my main container interaction and the secondary interaction to "Enter" and that works for me.
    :)
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I will give it another shot. I think I remapped that but maybe I never actually tried it because the "Alt" text still showed up in the corner when I opened the container.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it out. Unfortunately, it looks like I can only remap "Primary Action/Accept" (Take) and "Secondary Action" (Take All). There doesn't seem to be a way to remap the Exit action. Would anyone have any ideas? Thank you.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see, exit without taking. Is "Alt" the default exit key?

Isn't it also the default for exiting siege equipment? Maybe they share the same keybind?
    idea.gif
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I see, exit without taking. Is "Alt" the default exit key?

Isn't it also the default for exiting siege equipment? Maybe they share the same keybind?
    idea.gif
    Just about every window or dialog can be closed with Alt. So it is propably put there as some kind of "Cancel Dialog" or "Close Window" button.
    I think the inventory screen belongs into the same area as the map window, inventory window and the dialog window. But not sure.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.