The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should Zenimax halt all development until they fix cyrodil lag?

• MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    cyrodiil doesnt lag......

why would they shut down cyrodiil so one person with a sub par machine or a mac doesnt have to experience lag when its the users end and not ZoS.

the only thing im concerned with is whether or not the frame rate drops were fixed. not that they were a big deal in the first place.

Ive already sent them my Game Consultant Report file. All they did was say it was probably my ISP's fault. So I called my Isp. THey said, this and other games such as WoW and some other MMO's Should work fine. My ISP also told me that they have had other people inquire then with the same issue coming from this game, ESO. Look at the numbers of people in Cyrodil now, Stop being in denial of the fact that population has shrunk. There simply isn't that many people able to play in cyrodil anymore. They need to fix the game and make it operate for all those paying customers.

Im tired of paying my sub fee which is a contract, so people like you get to play the game from me paying the bills.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    drogon1 wrote: »
    I read the pollster more generously: should the devs be devoting the bulk of their resources to ensure that Cyrodiil is playable? I think yes: top priority.

I felt the same. The OP should be banned from forums, however, for being a repeat trouble starter.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All those voting No assume that ZOS operates like the rest of the development world.

Don't assume you know how this circus runs.

Even if it does, somehow, run normally we should, perhaps, get a feature freeze on the live build until it's stable and future builds should be... tested... before being rolled out?
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    No
    You know dyes have nothing to do with elder scrolls lore either. Neither did spellcrafting.
    lore is not the only thing mentioned by me! dyes are an indirect bow towards mods, spark of holy variations! and yes dyes are in the lore! and so is the spellcrafting, connected with the lore and magic experiments under guidance of infamous, heretical Mage's Guild . It explains the lack of it in TES V.

Edited by Surinen on June 30, 2014 9:17PM
  • Vannor
    Vannor
    ✭✭
    No
    Cyrodiil doesn't lag for me. OP to buy another hamster.
  • Arora
    Arora
    ✭✭✭
    No
    We are causing lag problems by everyone bombarding one server... not zenimax if they put a pop cap on the serves it would solve the issue
    Arora Moon - EB- Nightblade
    Arora Moonlight- EB- Sorcerer
    - GM Souless-

Hail Sithis - Glory to the Night Mother

• ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Arora wrote: »
    We are causing lag problems by everyone bombarding one server... not zenimax if they put a pop cap on the serves it would solve the issue

Oooh it's us that's broken the game. I see.

I must have imagined those 3way lag-free fights with hundreds of players together a couple of months ago (while other campaigns were also busy). Thank you for enlightening us.

• Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    We need engaging, playable PvP for the game to survive. That's not going to happen at 3FPS so this needs max priority.

Anything else can only be a distraction that introduces more risk of breaking things further so should be parked.
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maybe they should re-develop Cyrodiil into solo PvE and ditch the headache that is PvP (and the nonsense balance silliness that comes with it - face it, the only computer game balance that really exists is Mario vs Luigi, because the only difference is in the colour of their overalls and hat.)
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes beacause this is not just Cyrodiil problem it occurs in every zone in Tamriel, from slow environment loading losing fps and lagging, performance of the game should and has to be primary concern for this company, when they fix this, everthing else can be considered to implement.