The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spellcasting as a skill line

thomwickmanb16_ESO
thomwickmanb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I play skyrim well as ESO. But what I miss in ESO is that you can not just focus on magic. As a skille line for magic, so you do not need to use a stave. One will have "runes" (or what they may call it) that you "holding" and depending on what kind of "runes" you have, you cast either Ice, Fire or lightning.
They should of course not be too powerful and should cost magicka to cast. Like the first one if its frost/ice may do "10 damge and slows down the enemy by 5%" (I just making something up do explain what i mean)
You already have the animations for it... So why not?

I believe that this skill line would be welcome.
Sry for my English.
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    and those who Use this skill line shall be known as Rune keepers ...:P xD.

But I will agree with you in the fact that I dont like to use staffs in order to use magic ! .
    I loved destruction magic, I hate using destruction staff .

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • thomwickmanb16_ESO
    thomwickmanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Runes Keepers .. Hmm... it does not sound so stupid, if you still are going to name it something. :smiley:
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    hehee, na ..but it was a joke. Character who wield runes of fire-frost-lighting its a class type in Lord of the rings online ---> Rune keeper

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • thomwickmanb16_ESO
    thomwickmanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ahhh, havent played that so.