The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Add One-Ingredient Recipes

Rodario
Rodario
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since I ventured into VR areas, I get low level bases like drippings from containers, but still also lvl 40-VR5 mats (shank, beef, mudcrab meat and honey). Of course I'm saving the honey for later, but what am supposed to do with beef for example? I've got stacks of it and can't bring myself to delete them...

I can't imagine anyone buying meats either, as it's usually the bases you're short on.

My solution: intruduce white quality base-less recipes e.g. steak, that are weaker and have half the vendor value. At least this way, we'll be able to make some use of our excess mats, even if it's just to sell or to level provisioning on alts.

PS: I'm a hoarder ^^

PPS: Why does anything other than honey and maybe mudcrab meat even still drop after lvl 50?
Edited by Rodario on June 29, 2014 8:46AM
Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
{EU/DC}
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently s.h.a.n.k. is a bad word and got bleeped out.
    {EU/DC}
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually some blue recipes still use dripping, meal etc. They require a third mat likeRed Wheat for Breads, Salt for Grilled (ie dripping) etc. Of course you are VR so you probably have much better recipes that don't require dripping at all.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    When I first saw the comment title I thought, "what a horrible idea". But after reading your post I think I see where you are coming from.

The problem as I see it, is that resources that shouldn't be found in VR levels are still blazingly apparent in those containers. So you end up with loads of very common "base" ingriendients but lack the rarer low level secondary ingriedients to use the items.

The answer is to have the zone containers drop the correct level of ingredients and not come up with another load of recipes to allow you to consume the lower level stuff.

And frankly, considering where you are (VR level) I am surprised you have inventory space for all of this garbage. If you want my advice, join a crafting guild, donate the low level stuff, and clean house.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, of course VR containers should hold same level base and secondary ingredients. This has been an ongoing issue since launch.

Even so, the ratio is skewed even in 1-50 areas, so you'll end up with a lot more meat than fat, for example.

The best way would be to fix the loot tables and ratios, but since it looks like that's not going to happen, I'd settle for one-ingredient recipes...

@Food4Thought‌ I made a second account with all bank chars. Of course not only for provisioning, but all kinds of mats and items with traits to be researched later.
    {EU/DC}
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    Yes, of course VR containers should hold same level base and secondary ingredients. This has been an ongoing issue since launch.

Even so, the ratio is skewed even in 1-50 areas, so you'll end up with a lot more meat than fat, for example.

The best way would be to fix the loot tables and ratios, but since it looks like that's not going to happen, I'd settle for one-ingredient recipes...

@Food4Thought‌ I made a second account with all bank chars. Of course not only for provisioning, but all kinds of mats and items with traits to be researched later.

Research is a bare. I'm at over 180 traits researched and I still have quite a few in my inventory to go.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »

If you research those traits that you're saving for later on an alt simultaneously with your main research being full, the trait will be ready to produce a copy for your main when the main is ready for it no matter how much later that would be.
    Saves space on the alt, too.
    Edited by twev on June 30, 2014 9:25PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    If it has 1 ingredient..is it really a recipe?

Recipe: Cup of water

Step 1: get cup of water

Done!
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    @Rodario‌
    While an even drop ratio for bases and flavors sounds great, what it ends up causing is super fast, easy leveling of the provisioning skill. In practice, that results in everyone who's not lazy having maxed provisioners by lvl 20, and thus complete devaluation of the trade.
    How do I know this? Because this is what happened at pre-launch when the drop ratio was even.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salsadoom wrote: »
    If it has 1 ingredient..is it really a recipe?

Recipe: Cup of water

Step 1: get cup of water

Done!
    This.