The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eclipse vs. Reflective Scales

WhitePawPrints
WhitePawPrints
✭✭✭✭✭
Eclipse is a Templar ability that reflects single-targetting spells.
-Time varies but is reduced on Cyrodil enemy guards.
-Can be broken by anti-CC.
-Can only reflect affected enemies' abilities.
-Can be morphed to deal AOE damage.

Reflective Scales is a Dragonknight ability that reflects single-targetting spells.
-Time is not affected depending on who you fight.
-Cannot be broken.
-Can reflect ALL enemies' abilities within time.
-Does not deal AOE damage. (?)

Templar has many CC abilities based on weapon use. Dragonknight has many CC and CC-breaking abilities based on weapon use.

Which is the better class?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not understand your question.

Is your choice between Dragonknight and Templar came to that single ability, for a class you want to play? If so, seriously, look the other DK abilities, and roll one without second though.

If is a discussion regarding which ability is best, then the jury is out.
    Eclipse shuts down the enemy caster from casting DD spells, that affects your group also.
    Reflective Scales just protects you, and you alone.

Which one is better? Have you see a Vampire killing himself? I have :)

So I have many other classes who tried at Cyrodiil to use spells on my Templar. They just suicide on the attempt. And is shame not more Templars at Cyrodiil using the Unstable Core ability. Can you imagine the AoE damage they will do ten of them go pop in-between a zerg?

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eclipse is that much more awsome in the way you can choose a specific target to lock down and you can protect grp members that way. Reflective scales is more of a tank ability for leading the charge or a 1v1.
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not understand your question.

Is your choice between Dragonknight and Templar came to that single ability, for a class you want to play? If so, seriously, look the other DK abilities, and roll one without second though.

If is a discussion regarding which ability is best, then the jury is out.
    Eclipse shuts down the enemy caster from casting DD spells, that affects your group also.
    Reflective Scales just protects you, and you alone.

Which one is better? Have you see a Vampire killing himself? I have :)

So I have many other classes who tried at Cyrodiil to use spells on my Templar. They just suicide on the attempt. And is shame not more Templars at Cyrodiil using the Unstable Core ability. Can you imagine the AoE damage they will do ten of them go pop in-between a zerg?

Mine is maxed out and does about 200 AOE damage. It does not do any damage if it is broken by the CC break.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Right now I'd say reflective scales is a stronger defensive tool. It protects the caster for more, hands down. It also reflects arrows and bow abilities as well as spells (not sure if eclipse does since it specifies spells)

As an offensive option, situationally, eclipse might be better though specifically because of the morph that explodes for damage afterwards. This is all speculation though, I play neither a templar nor a dragon knight.

However I do play against both of them in pvp often, and I can say with confidence that I probably die more often to DKs using reflective scales than I do to templars using eclipse. Unfortunately that observation has many more factors at play than just which ability is better or even which class is better.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth.