The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Nightblades: Should I change from dw to bow?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm having a hell of a time on my nightblade lately, in both pvp and pve. I built him as a front lines fighter - all medium armor, heavy crit focus, originally using a 2hander (which I'd still really love to use but it just wasnt working out, the abilities are terrible) and is now using dual wield.

Dual wield seems to work out great on paper, but I'm finding that in pve and pvp alike a melee combatant is likely to get slaughtered by the opposition before even getting some decent damage in. All the pvp fights are done from keep walls where I cant even get in with ambush because I apparently cant jump that high, and if I do manage to get into enemy lines I die faster than I can even swing my daggers. In PvE it's masses of point blank aoe effects that do entirely too much damage.

I'm getting extremely frustrated trying to play a melee character, which sucks because I've always preferred melee over ranged in these types of games. Now as a melee'er I just feel walked on - first they took away my polearms, then they gave me crap resource regeneration and poor ability efficiency/damage, and now they're throwing so much aoe damage at me I cant even get a lick in. What's next, they turn our daggers and greatswords into actual wet noodles?

So, should I just give up and change to a bow? Seems like the only way I'll ever get some damage in before dying at this point.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Teevesnacks
    Teevesnacks
    ✭✭✭
    I healed a group with 3 dw stamina nightblades through VoM earlier, I was concerned due to the fact we didn't have a tank and the group was 47-49, melee heavy and ofc stamina dps

We cleared it in less then 30 minutes