The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Rift - M'aiq the Liar Location?

Faustes
Faustes
✭✭✭
Anyone know where M'aiq the Liar is within The Rift?

The wiki says "Near The Apprentice stone and on the northwest corner of Faldar's Tooth". However, I've been checking these locations the past few days and never see him.

Thanks
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    M'aiq isn't always at his locations; sometimes he doesn't spawn (or it may take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for him to spawn). I can't confirm if it's the correct spawn point for the Rift since I haven't found him there, but whether or not you actually find M'aiq at one of his spawn points at any given time seems to be a matter of luck.
  • andromedafalls
    i found him right next to the apprentice stone so he does spawn there
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im really sick of these waiting games for things to spawn.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    It's not necessarily a waiting game, I've noticed. He could have spawned and you're on the wrong side of a zone line. I've waited hours for him in Bal Foyen only to discover that I need to be on the platform to see him. Same thing in Deshaan. It's very frustrating.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found him in the dragon mound with the broken tent just north of the Willow's crafting area. SE corner "eye" icon. I had to wait quite awhile but there was a chest nearby that I kept opening and a heavy sack spawns in the dragon mound area. You do need to just go and just camp the area. Walk in and out a few times in case.

In Bal Foyen I couldn't see him until I was practically standing on top of him, he wouldn't "load" at a distance.