Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is Darien Gautier [spoilers]

Darkonflare15
Darkonflare15
✭✭✭✭✭
What is Darien Gautier? He has the power to walk though poison fog with out a amulet. He wounds heal almost instantly in northpoint and he did not like the church ointment that the the countess use of him. He can be a werewolf, vampire, or something else. He is just an interesting character. Comment below if you have any idea what Darien Gautier is.
Edited by Darkonflare15 on June 16, 2014 5:51AM
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    "It smells like Church!"
    Edited by Gern_Verkheart on June 16, 2014 4:55AM
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's tough stuff whatever he is, those zombies in Northpoint were chewing on him for a fortnight but he came through just fine :)
    Edited by Lunerdog on June 16, 2014 5:11AM
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, there! We've moved this thread to the Daggerfall Covenant forum section. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I am waiting on him to become some daedic lord or something.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Darien. :'(
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on June 16, 2014 11:47AM
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    If you speak to one of the NPC in Northpoint (can't remember which) it tells you that he thought he had been bitten by a bloodfiend, but they couldn't find any bite.

I totally thought he was going to transform, but he didn't... So perhaps he was a vampire since the beggining? Doesn't have red eyes, though.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it obvious? He's really a VR12 NPC :). He probably heals faster than those bloodfiends can damage him ;)
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Darien. :'(
    Not dead until you find a body!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He one of the coolest NPCs
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Wiki has some good info and theories on him (spoilers too, obviously).
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clicky: Darien's Journal

There seems to be hints at him being something other then human, though he doesn't seem to be aware of it. He apparently suffers from nightmares of future events. Also, that was probably one of the greatest and most interesting journals about nightmares I've ever read. He's definitely on my top ten favorite NPCs of any game.
    Edited by Runefell on June 29, 2014 8:39PM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefell wrote: »
    Clicky: Darien's Journal

There seems to be hints at him being something other then human, though he doesn't seem to be aware of it. He apparently suffers from nightmares of future events. Also, that was probably one of the greatest and most interesting journals about nightmares I've ever read. He's definitely on my top ten favorite NPCs of any game.

That is interesting about the nightmares. The part about the fangs make it sound like he could be vampire but he shows no symptom of being a vampire which is weird.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started to watch him more closely when he mentioned how much he likes cheese...
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be surprise if was the daedric prince Sanguine on the count they he likes to drink and have sex. Also he loves his women.
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be surprise if was the daedric prince Sanguine on the count they he likes to drink and have sex. Also he loves his women.

I understood it as these things being more like distractions so that he doesn't have to think about the recurring nightmares that his journal mentions. Or at least to keep up the appearance of not worrying about them.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »
    The Elder Scrolls Wiki has some good info and theories on him (spoilers too, obviously).

Can you provide a link? I looked him up on the wiki, but what I found didn't have anything aside from basic info.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He could be some aspect or chosen of Meridia. Seeing he speaks of a bright light and the fact that the blood fiend/vampire biting him made it burst into flames, that seems quite plausible. Meridia hates undead and light is in her sphere. It makes sense in the story as well.
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    He could be some aspect or chosen of Meridia. Seeing he speaks of a bright light and the fact that the blood fiend/vampire biting him made it burst into flames, that seems quite plausible. Meridia hates undead and light is in her sphere. It makes sense in the story as well.

This has been my theory as well. If you talk to him just before the attack on the Planemeld starts, he talks about the bright light and waking up in a room alone. I think Meridia saved him and/or has a special purpose for him.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝