The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

why no response on mages of the guild passive being broken

rotatorkuf
rotatorkuf
✭✭✭
i've put this in the guild skills forum, to no avail

it's seriously broken, the buff works....sorta....any weapon attack after casting a mages guild ability "eats" up the buff, without any increase in spell dmg/power being applied

in other words, you can't use a weapon attack after casting a mages guild ability or say bye bye to the passive bonus

video demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epsptisoh5E

am i the only one in this game bothered by this?

can this please be looked at zenimax

i've submitted a bug report long before craglorn

it still doesn't work on latest PTS build

or, is this intentional somehow? "you shall not weapon attack after mages guild ability!"

edit: if you can't see it

volcanic rune hits for 304 with might of the guild passive (without weapon attacking)

volcanic rune hits for 277 with weapon attacking right after casting

weapon hits for normal 142 dmg, while eating up the might of the guild buff
Edited by rotatorkuf on June 13, 2014 12:35AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might of the Guild
    +10% spell power for next magical attack.

The problem is staffs are classed as a magical attack but staffs have NO spell power, so if your next attack is a staff weapon attack (light or heavy), yes, that staff will take the 10% spell power bonus from 'Might of the Guild' passive but you will see zero increase in damage

Since the spell power of the staff is 0 (0 x 1.1 still = 0), 100% of the staff light or heavy attack damage comes from the weapon rating. So you see no bonus.

Sorry, working as designed (bad designed, but still) If you use a stamina based weapon, you will not have this issue.
    Edited by Natjur on June 13, 2014 3:00AM
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    this is incorrect. it does the same thing with swords, i've tried it

edit: yeap, just confirmed it on pts, with 2 handed axe and one handed sword, buff is eaten up by weapon attack

so wrong information is wrong, test it for yourself...i would have hoped you tested it before you commented

i don't know where you got your information from and why you're passing it as official tho

would like SOME response from zenimax
    Edited by rotatorkuf on June 13, 2014 6:44AM
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    offering $5000 reward for zenimax to spend a minute to look into this
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    offering $5000 reward for zenimax to spend a minute to look into this

Careful those ER guys have a hotline to Zenimax, if one of them finds out about the $5000 reward...
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Postumus
    Postumus
    There are a ton of other skill breaking bugs in the game, this is just one more on the list. Personally I would like to see armor and spell penetration being fixed for PVE before this. Penetration is a fairly major combat mechanic that affects an entire weapon trait and multiple skills, but at the moment it has absolutely no effect on mobs, due to the slight oversight of not giving them any armor or resistances to penetrate.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you haven't noticed, since the PTS went live, they haven't really been answering much on this forum.
  • Mystborn
    Mystborn
    ✭✭✭
    It works as described in the tooltip right? Next attack gets +10%/20% Spell Damage. If you use an attack that doesn't benefit from increased Spell Damage you waste the buff.

Should it be changed to not be consumed by attacks that don't use Spell Damage? That would probably be a good idea, but it's not bugged/broken in it's current form.
  • rotatorkuf
    rotatorkuf
    ✭✭✭
    sigh
  • dan0311
    dan0311
    ✭✭✭
    Can we pick this subject back up? I just spent TWO effing skill points to max out this passive and it doesn't work. I use a Volcanic Rune, which is a Mages Guild ability, then follow it with Flame Whip. Using Combat Cloud, I can see that there is zero extra spell power given. Zenimax, if you can't make this work right, can you at least gimme my two skill points back? AND either disable or notate the broken stuff in the game thats STILL broken after seven months.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    dan0311 wrote: »
    Can we pick this subject back up? I just spent TWO effing skill points to max out this passive and it doesn't work. I use a Volcanic Rune, which is a Mages Guild ability, then follow it with Flame Whip. Using Combat Cloud, I can see that there is zero extra spell power given. Zenimax, if you can't make this work right, can you at least gimme my two skill points back? AND either disable or notate the broken stuff in the game thats STILL broken after seven months.

OMG 2 Skill points! They should at least credit you with 20 minutes of gametime for that!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. This was part of the buff to stamina builds they're doing to help bring magica more in line, it just slipped through the patch notes. ;)
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴