The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BARD CLASS/SKILL-LINE AT E3/VIDEO GAMES LIVE? [UPDATE: NOT CONFIRMED]

• Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Anyone else then me who dont believe a word of this? :-p

I may have to stand in shame if this is true....but release a new class or guild tree? When they push back the 2 guild trees they already have?

Someone making a funny! B)

No one said WHEN it might be coming. Why do people always react to news like everything is going to happen now, all of a sudden, and all at once? Is it because of time-telescoping in movies or what?

It was simple reality about how MMO works. When they have so many different skill lines coming, it doesn't make sense to announce another. Even though I would like both a bard class and bard guild! :-)

It was just...no way lol!

It was answered with an official response. Stop bumping the thread. There is no need to argue with a wall.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortosk wrote: »
    Bards were mana batteries in everquest. Perhaps they should add a skill line similar to that, then templars would have a magicka regeneration skill, since we don't have any templar skills that do that.

That would help with heavy armour, too, wouldn't it?
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I may have to stand in shame if this is true....but release a new class or guild tree? When they push back the 2 guild trees they already have?

No one said WHEN it might be coming. Why do people always react to news like everything is going to happen now, all of a sudden, and all at once? Is it because of time-telescoping in movies or what?

It was simple reality about how MMO works. When they have so many different skill lines coming, it doesn't make sense to announce another. Even though I would like both a bard class and bard guild! :-)

Again, I don't see it coming _all at once_. I wouldn't even be surprised if they decided to split DB and Thieves into two different patches - for both to stretch content AND make sure the passives/abilities/questlines aren't bugged or whatnot.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »

It was answered with an official response. Stop bumping the thread. There is no need to argue with a wall.

She didn't say it's totally ruled out (and even admitted it might be a cool idea) - but that's up to the devs, and probably depends on how much they've got on the backburners that they're not ready to mention yet.

If this game is supposed to be in it for the long haul, and not the quick buck, then, they'd not be rushing everything little thing we and they can think of "right now now now".

Since they do pay attention to the forums, it might be a good thread/time to just throw around possibilities _for the future_, whether distant or not.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She didn't say it's totally ruled out (and even admitted it might be a cool idea) - but that's up to the devs, and probably depends on how much they've got on the backburners that they're not ready to mention yet.

If this game is supposed to be in it for the long haul, and not the quick buck, then, they'd not be rushing everything little thing we and they can think of "right now now now".

Since they do pay attention to the forums, it might be a good thread/time to just throw around possibilities _for the future_, whether distant or not.

I would be all on board with this train of thought IF things were working properly in the current rendition of the game. I have no desire to entertain thoughts about new classes, pvp arenas, etc. until the current problems are well in hand and fixed.

Thus they made an official response which to me says, yeah now about those TP reports....
    Edited by Mablung on June 12, 2014 10:41PM
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭

Is too.

• Baraz
    Baraz
    ✭✭✭
    If you can play an instrument in-game, that is selecting actual notes or rather programming them in advance (like in LOTRO), yes. If it's only a given set of a few repeating tunes, argh.

Idea : maybe Bardic chants (as in bonuses / effects) could be a "Weapon" skill line. You pull out a given instrument instead of a weapon and have Skills and an Ultimate (a sonic radius stun).
    Edited by Baraz on June 13, 2014 1:40AM
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting news.
    Who is Cacofinix?
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a misunderstanding. We are not working on a bard class for ESO, nor do we have plans to do so. Malukah worked with us to write all of the bard songs in ESO, and also performed all of them in-game.

good, cause the first new class should be the dark/evil classes like necromancer or berserker
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a misunderstanding. We are not working on a bard class for ESO, nor do we have plans to do so. Malukah worked with us to write all of the bard songs in ESO, and also performed all of them in-game.
    LOL you almost had me resubbed thank you for the clarifying
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If it is anything like the DAOC bard / Skald it`ll be very fun . however it won`t really matter , they`ll be wearing 7/7 light armor and using dest staff on 1 bar and restro staff on the other like 70 % of the players now lol .
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is anything like the DAOC bard / Skald it`ll be very fun . however it won`t really matter , they`ll be wearing 7/7 light armor and using dest staff on 1 bar and restro staff on the other like 70 % of the players now lol .

Either you are trolling or did not read the thread to see this....
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote a song called can I slot more powers than 5 at once please...
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    I55UE5 wrote: »
    This is exciting! Though I do hope it is just a skill line, falling under World/Guild of course.

The implementation of Auras in this game would be very welcoming!

I think this is most likely. Or, as another poster suggested, it could be from a guild skill line from an Elder Scrolls guild that hasn't made it into the game yet.

But it would be kind of cool to have each class get an additional class skill line...
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Red diamond red diamon
    I took all your hp

Red diamond red diamond
    You can't beat me

Red diamond red diamond
    Suck you chose NB
  • Phaoryx
    Phaoryx
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer for the dark brotherhood and thief for the thieves guild would work perfectly. They can add those classes with those updates :p

But... DB kills people, not raises them from the dead...
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    I might have to learn woodworking if they can make instruments.
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it <3.
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it <3.

I would too. After archers and assassins bards are my favorite class types in most games. They are usually super fun to play.

Only bard I ever played that I wasn't crazy about was in EQ2 and even that was pretty fun.
    Edited by Fleymark on June 13, 2014 5:53AM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link the video someone?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I might have to learn woodworking if they can make instruments.

Didn't you read the response further up in the thread? THERE IS NO PLANS TO INCLUDE A BARD CLASS
  • eric22santiago_ESO
    This game is sorely missing a support class and for those who are screaming murder about adding a bard-type class because they don't like the idea doesn't mean others wouldn't mind having it in game as well as actually affecting the game in a positive way. I for one LOVE playing bards (support class) and HIGHLY welcome the class/skill line. If you do not like the class then don't play it but you can thank us later for making you more tanky, more deadly, and/or more healing...ly or for making the mobs more squishy.

I never understood why they used the catch-phrase 'the holy trinity' of mmo's (tank, healer, dps) when a lot of mmo's have a support class as well. There are more than 3 play styles with support being one of them.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is sorely missing a support class and for those who are screaming murder about adding a bard-type class because they don't like the idea doesn't mean others wouldn't mind having it in game as well as actually affecting the game in a positive way. I for one LOVE playing bards (support class) and HIGHLY welcome the class/skill line. If you do not like the class then don't play it but you can thank us later for making you more tanky, more deadly, and/or more healing...ly or for making the mobs more squishy.

I never understood why they used the catch-phrase 'the holy trinity' of mmo's (tank, healer, dps) when a lot of mmo's have a support class as well. There are more than 3 play styles with support being one of them.

First, this game has no traditional classes as seen in other MMOs so chuck that thought right out of your head.

Second, the bard class is a fictional creation made up by the OP. They have stated that there is no work in progress for the class. So again, toss the thought right out the window.
  • eric22santiago_ESO

First, this game has no traditional classes as seen in other MMOs so chuck that thought right out of your head.

Second, the bard class is a fictional creation made up by the OP. They have stated that there is no work in progress for the class. So again, toss the thought right out the window.

First, I will not 'toss the thought right out the window' because First I never said it was going to be implemented. I said I'd welcome it.

Second, maybe they blinded you well but this game still has tank, healer, dps so not sure what game you are playing but chunk all your thoughts out of your head and go find some new ones.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, I will not 'toss the thought right out the window' because First I never said it was going to be implemented. I said I'd welcome it.

Second, maybe they blinded you well but this game still has tank, healer, dps so not sure what game you are playing but chunk all your thoughts out of your head and go find some new ones.

Any class can tank, heal or dps. They do not have designated roles for the traditional types...oh nvm. It appears there is going to be something lost in translation.
  • eric22santiago_ESO

Any class can tank, heal or dps. They do not have designated roles for the traditional types...oh nvm. It appears there is going to be something lost in translation.

The only thing lost is you. Just because any class can tank, heal, dps, etc does not mean that the 'play styles' are not in effect. The game does not care if you are a sorc running trials as a tank...you're still a tank.

No reason for you to even quote me Sophia. Gawd some people are just hard up for attention I swear. Leave ppl alone
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, following TES builds from past games there are no bard skills. But there were no classes either and we have them here, so that doesn't mean there couldn't be without too much of a departure from tradition. Or a further one, as it were.

That said, there was a bard guild in Skyrim so there's definitely president. Arguably more so than a couple of the classes we have now. How would a bard class be any more of a departure than this game's dragonknight? Or templar? So the argument that there are no bards in TES games really isn't a strong one considering everything else like that in ESO.

Too bad to hear they aren't planning on it. A while back there was a thread about things you would like to see later. Bard was on my list along with a Shaman/druid class and Necros. Npcs can be them would be cool if we could too. Would love to see some extra weapon lines like unarmed, melee staff, spear/polearm, and some others, too.

At this point I'll just be happy if they get the classes and builds balanced before everyone gets fed up and finds something else to play, myself included.
  • MalavarTCOne
    MalavarTCOne
    ✭✭✭
    You said "class", but said nothing about there being no bard college or related skill line in the works. ;)

Fair point, but we can say with confidence that we aren't working on that either. It's a cool idea, though!

Maybe what Malukah said was a misunderstanding/misinterpreted, but I see my post has had a lot of support and discussion (4k+ views/100+ comments) and you even agree this or something like this would be a great idea. So that being said, this discussion should make it to some "higher-ups" on the possibilty to start working on a class/skilline/guild/something for a bard. Cuz that'd be awesome IMHO.
    "To steal from a god is most unwise" -Nocturnal
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actualy bard could be a class in itself unlike what you people believe. Bard in Oblivion were one handed weapon user with medium armor illusion magic and a little sneak barter skill and yes it was a class.

Bard are a mix of minor magic with a few illusion cantrips and a fair use of the weapon. While not actual spellblades bard are a class in itself in oblivions.

While it does not look so glorifying on the musical side a decent bard could still be usefull as a master illusionist
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on June 13, 2014 7:27PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • lasma799
    lasma799
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by lasma799 on June 13, 2014 7:45PM