The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK/Sorcs prefered....

Lkory
Lkory
✭✭✭
You elitists pugs need to stop. It will just end badly for you when NB and Temps get buffed, or you get nerfed into oblivion.

What will you do then, cry and leave the game. Its time to learn how other classes work for trials and take advantage of it and not just a templar healer per raid for the heals.

Before its too late! DK and Sorcs will be the ones crying.
Edited by Lkory on June 4, 2014 3:43AM
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.... its obvious there is still going to be a heck of a lot of class skill changes in the wind to come yet.... but I knew Templar heals would be in demand at endgame ....no way any class with a resto staff could heal a raid competently...and if they can its not a raid.
    Edited by Voodoo on June 4, 2014 5:40AM
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will not change, could be that other classes will get shut out but this behavior will not stop.
    Also the same people doing it now, probably have other chars that will be fotm later already lined up. Or they will stop playing like you said, but you provided no argument why they should change now?

YOU, however, can change it, just be a raid/trials leader, form groups without the elitism. Invite who you want, use all classes. It is up to you, you have the same tools the elitists have.
    Is there a reason why you dont do it?
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Kililin wrote: »
    It will not change, could be that other classes will get shut out but this behavior will not stop.
    Also the same people doing it now, probably have other chars that will be fotm later already lined up. Or they will stop playing like you said, but you provided no argument why they should change now?

YOU, however, can change it, just be a raid/trials leader, form groups without the elitism. Invite who you want, use all classes. It is up to you, you have the same tools the elitists have.

Doing it already, my guild runs nice trials without trying to make the leaderboards (which is a bad idea/implementation and design), just clearing it. Like old raids, the entertainment should come from clearing it.

Im just pointing out that this attitude will probably just kill the community and the game sooner than it should.
    Edited by Lkory on June 4, 2014 7:55AM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we get through trials with our templars and nightblades just fine.

We don't top the leader board but its fun - bring the player not the class.

Hard for me to say "F You amazing player who rolled the wrong class" they will be fixed eventually I'm sure
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    we get through trials with our templars and nightblades just fine.

We don't top the leader board but its fun - bring the player not the class.

Hard for me to say "F You amazing player who rolled the wrong class" they will be fixed eventually I'm sure

Look at the /zone chat during primetime.... you will notice the problem.
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it sound that this topic is not in my concern right now (lvl 44 DK) I just want to say that I agree with the fact that it is sad when some class are left behind . But sadly lazy "elitist " will always be there.So in order to counter this I suggest a thread for poeple who actually WOULD accept to play with NB templar And eventually even DK and sorc with no destro/resto staff build . That could be this thread. So I will (in 6 lvl + 10 Vrank...not for tonorow...).Oh and on EU server .Hope NB and templar get boost and that by the time i reach V 10 I won t be the unwanted one.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lkory wrote: »

Doing it already, my guild runs nice trials without trying to make the leaderboards (which is a bad idea/implementation and design), just clearing it. Like old raids, the entertainment should come from clearing it.

Im just pointing out that this attitude will probably just kill the community and the game sooner than it should.

Thats great and it is the way to change it.
    Still you are doing guild intern runs, this will not change PUG's excluding players based on class.

I agree with Leaderboards and timed Raids/Dungeons being bad design, still it is the way its intended and designed, you can not ridicule players trying to beat the challenge that is presented to them. Classes are unbalanced and the stopwatch challenge favors certain classes and builds, it is no wonder some players try to build raids according to the requirements, or is it?
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭

Classes are unbalanced and the stopwatch challenge favors certain classes and builds, it is no wonder some players try to build raids according to the requirements, or is it?

So this is intended... i guess. All i am trying to say is: "The more Dks and sorcs take advantages of it, the faster and harder the nerf hammer will strike."

Enjoy?

EDIT: and favors is a big word when it favors 2/4 classes, with one being unable to get pug groups and the other reduced to 1 or 2 healer per group. When 10/12 players are 2/4 classes it is probably not intended nor desired. Keep taking advantage of it. The fastest way to make everyone happy is to buff the other 2 classes for a few weeks.
    Edited by Lkory on June 5, 2014 7:27AM
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    You elitists pugs need to stop. It will just end badly for you when NB and Temps get buffed, or you get nerfed into oblivion.

What will you do then, cry and leave the game. Its time to learn how other classes work for trials and take advantage of it and not just a templar healer per raid for the heals.

are you implying that exactly 25% will want to play each class? the world don't work that way get over it....
  • Lkory
    Lkory
    ✭✭✭
    Slantasiam wrote: »

are you implying that exactly 25% will want to play each class? the world don't work that way get over it....

please elaborate?... doesn't matter what % is played when 2/4 classes get excluded from content unless they find a group of friend who doesnt care about leaderboards.

There is a huge problem when a pug actually cares about being on the leaderboards (that has no reward) and excludes player based on it. If it was on clearing the raid, i would not have a problem.

I have raided in EQ2 and other mmos that our first clears required specific classes to get the tank geared up, but thats another mechanic that is probably not present in ESO.
    Edited by Lkory on June 5, 2014 7:36AM
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭

Classes are unbalanced and the stopwatch challenge favors certain classes and builds, it is no wonder some players try to build raids according to the requirements, or is it?

So this is intended... i guess. All i am trying to say is: "The more Dks and sorcs take advantages of it, the faster and harder the nerf hammer will strike."

Enjoy?

EDIT: and favors is a big word when it favors 2/4 classes, with one being unable to get pug groups and the other reduced to 1 or 2 healer per group. When 10/12 players are 2/4 classes it is probably not intended nor desired. Keep taking advantage of it. The fastest way to make everyone happy is to buff the other 2 classes for a few weeks.

As i said before, there will be another best class.
    Some PUG-Leaders try to imitate top level players, they see the raid composition of some 1x minutes run, and imitate it.
    If you nerf sorcs, and dks (already happening) these top guilds will have another composition, but most likely will stack the next best DPS build, whatever it is.
    Lets assume, for the giggles, it is Templar and DK is nerfed to Rank3.
    You would have the same Raid Leaders looking for 7 Templar, 4 Sorc and 1 DK for the buffs.
    This would not be any better, and it would still ignore NB's that can put respectable raid dps even now...
    Also for the best guilds, they have to do it, there is no other way to improve very good times. You have to Edge out every second by stacking the classes that have like 3.4 DPS more than the next one.

I don't think this Leaderboard *** is healthy for the game.
    I do understand that it was a try to give some short Raid more longevity.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    How?

I play a templar and do that all the time. I literally won't group with NBs and Templars if I want a DPS.

I'll be quite content when they buff my templar.

Call it what you want. I want to complete the craglorn dungeons in 15min instead of 2 hours. Thats just how I enjoy the game. Elitist? I disagree. I just call it faster.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    How?

I play a templar and do that all the time. I literally won't group with NBs and Templars if I want a DPS.

I'll be quite content when they buff my templar.

Call it what you want. I want to complete the craglorn dungeons in 15min instead of 2 hours. Thats just how I enjoy the game. Elitist? I disagree. I just call it faster.

faster and highly skilled :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that most groups aren't exclusive like this.

A lot of us don't feel the need to rush through and beat the clock... the majority of us, I hope.

There's more to the game than teh lewtz and achieving some kind of ranking, and I think most of us appreciate that.
  • Kayvee
    Kayvee
    ✭✭
    Voodoo wrote: »
    Agreed.... its obvious there is still going to be a heck of a lot of class skill changes in the wind to come yet.... but I knew Templar heals would be in demand at endgame ....no way any class with a resto staff could heal a raid competently...and if they can its not a raid.

I'm a DK and I'm a damned good healer. :wink:
    VR Dragonknight Mitigation Healer and Ardent Flame DPS
    Altmer for the Ebonheart Pact
    Wabbajack since Early Access