The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you ever spare the life of another player?

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sing Kumbaya and Press on
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    If it's Bruma, I kill. Other than that, I usually let them pass.

ok why ? theres quests there so I think its rude to kill someone there once a member of another faction and I was not going to attack him or her and I got killed I think citys shoud be off limits for pvp put some blocker there so people can do quests main reason the respawn you have to travel all the way back from where ever your faction controls

In Bruma, they wait until you can be one hitted. So if you do not kill them, they will sneak and kill you when you are on low health. I can count a few EP players' name, too.
  • NaughtyDog
    NaughtyDog
    ✭✭
    Kill the ***
    I mainly kill everyone who is not my friend especially low level players. Its my way of saying "Go back and level up if you want to take revenge."
  • Ecco
    Ecco
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    Trotting out scripture is a bit over the top, don't you think? It's not really a moral issue, is it? At the end of the day, it's a choice where hangs in the balance nothing more than the honing of your skills and reflexes, and the inconvenience of having to run back. It's not a comment on your character, or a fiction about your allegiance. It's simply a tradeoff between what is expected of you and the negligible cost either way.

Nothing more.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    Dies!
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    If you could pay to save your life... i would still kill you and steal your money so no, its just a no, i'm sorry. :(
  • Dalriaden
    Dalriaden
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    If its a non vr I tend to ignore them unless they get frisky, anyone else is fair game.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    I even attack knowing that i won't survive. But i won't spare anyone. Best kill for me was an EP player who was digging up a treasure. While he was shoveling, i killed him.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • HorsePhysics
    HorsePhysics
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I find three or less non vrs that try to gank me. I just hold block and jump around until they realize its futile.
    Still stuck married to zazeer pls help with divorce
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    While he was shoveling, i killed him.

Lmao digged his own grave.

• Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    "Kill the ***"

Amazing🤣
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put up a block and wait to see if it's consensual.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, major thread necro! At least this one is still relevant…

If the other player seems to be going about PVE business, then I will not attack. I even collected Skyshards in Cyrodiil with two players from the other two factions and it’s not like we knew each other but met in a delve. :smiley:

Of course I don’t fault anyone for attacking in a PVP zone, but I do take a dim view of intentionally ganking PVE players.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 7, 2021 6:35AM
  • Charlotte_Loreley
    Charlotte_Loreley
    ✭✭✭
    Depends...

Is it a pretty breton? Woo them.
    Is it an orc? Kill it with fire.
    Is it a redguard? Throw a few coins at it and move on.
    Is it a dark elf? Kill it with water and then let your horse defecate on them.
    Is it an argonian? Cut off its tail and slap it to death with it.
    Is it a nord? Hit it with the most humiliating and random objects you can think of from a far and let it chase you until it grows tired.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chrysa1is
    Stop it, mate.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done both before now and sometimes had to live with the guilt.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not 100% sure but i do hope they hand out forum bans for necroing not one, not two but several threads from 2014. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:22PM
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill the ***
    mzprx wrote: »
    i'm not 100% sure but i do hope they hand out forum bans for necroing not one, not two but several threads from 2014. [snip]

Why can't i take a trip down memory lane and share old times? I was having a blast reading through some of them. The only way to surface them again was to comment. No need to get so bent out of shape over it :/ ignore it next time

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:23PM
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »

Why can't i take a trip down memory lane and share old times? I was having a blast reading through some of them. The only way to surface them again was to comment. No need to get so bent out of shape over it :/ ignore it next time

necroing 7 year old threads only clutters the main forum page with irrelevant threads that have no point being there. if you find them funny that's all fine. you can read them yourself and have a blast. but since necroed threads get locked immediately when a forum mod sees them it tells you it's against the rules. and, to be honest, quite annoying..

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:23PM
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    No mercy at actual PvP objectives, but there’s no point in killing under50 or people fishing.

After all, if someone came over when you had almost solo killed a world boss and used a taunt to make it reset, that would be a lack of sportsmanship also.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I have occasionally attacked in panic if I suddenly spot someone too close, but if they don’t attack me back, I prefer to live and let live. In delves, I tend to join in killing the bosses and take extra care not to hit the other player in error or wait for them to move on. I always leave players if they look like they are just doing quests or PVE activities and only attack in the towns if someone is trying to take the flag and I have backup. I don’t equip for PVP so it’s easier just to stand and die so I can start again.

On a number of enjoyable occasions, I have jumped off the base platform in IC and ran around with players from another side, fighting enemies carefully and using emotes, until someone else turns up and kills me 😺
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave them be… mostly because if a fight breaks out it’s me who gets killed :D

Forum ban? That’s a bit strong mate… I was enjoying reading the thread. Still relevant.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am CP 350 and the players I encounter in Cyrodiil are almost always +1000. One time I've encountered a guy from DC with a 1500 CP and just ran away because I had some Tel Var with me that I didn't wanna lose, he chased me down and we hit each other a couple of times. After he realizes that I make little to no damage to his character he just started to stand there emote me and left. I've never felt so humiliated ever in my life. So yes, maybe just kill everyone you encounter...
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pisses me off to see teammates kill people who are running in just for the soul shards.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the ***

necroing 7 year old threads only clutters the main forum page with irrelevant threads that have no point being there. if you find them funny that's all fine. you can read them yourself and have a blast. but since necroed threads get locked immediately when a forum mod sees them it tells you it's against the rules. and, to be honest, quite annoying..

TBF it's refreshing not to see the forum cluttered with "Fake tank" and "time for PVE cyro" :D

Plus this post is still as relevant as it was in 2014

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:24PM
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varies. Blue I kill on sight, yellow I'll generally wait and see what they do.
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

Why would you judge an individual solely based on a faction they've chosen, most likely just because of the race they desired, if you clearly have the ability to decide otherwise. Is it because you Ran into [snip] on DC or why? Why should everyone suffer because of few toxic players just because they were the same color?

Isn't that messed up?

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:25PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NylAR wrote: »
    Larcomar wrote: »

Why would you judge an individual solely based on a faction they've chosen, most likely just because of the race they desired, if you clearly have the ability to decide otherwise. Is it because you Ran into [snip] on DC or why? Why should everyone suffer because of few toxic players just because they were the same color?

Isn't that messed up?

I pvp quite a bit, or used to. I've consistently found that - at least on my server - blue's a pretty toxic faction, whereas yellow's much more easy going.

Not saying everyone in that faction is an [snip], just that there's a significant preponderance of them. Not just a few... And if you leave them be, there's a good chance they'll just turn round and attack you. Yellow, not so much.

Probably server - and maybe even campaign - specific though. And, like I say, sure there are nice people who play blue ... somewhere :)

[edited for profanity bypass & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:26PM
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has pvp? 🤔
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »

TBF it's refreshing not to see the forum cluttered with "Fake tank" and "time for PVE cyro" :D

Plus this post is still as relevant as it was in 2014
    True. As for me, I tend to let live, now that is in PvE content like delves.
    If some is soloing an resource they are targets unless I want the resource to flip :)

Has run into some fun stuff here, fishing from the same fishing hole as an enemy was cool.
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Also remember the delve there an enemy stood next to the boss. I did not see him, he rolled out of the AoE, he did not attack so we killed the boss together and parted way.

I say most times people don't fight in delves or on skyshards, happens but mostly not, has done all the cyrodil quests on main and done all the skyshards on lots of alts, here I do it on PvE maps as in most is owned by your faction.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 7, 2021 1:27PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm in Cyrodiil to play PvE then I do not fight other players, at all. If they attack me I'll either stand still and wait to see what happens or carry on with what I was doing. If they kill me I'll respawn and go back to it.

More often than I'd expect the other person will break off when they see I'm not fighting back, the ones who don't typically fall into two categories: those who killed me too quickly to see what I was doing and then move on and those who took so long I was starting to wonder if they were actually trying and then dance around as if it's a massive achievement to have killed what is effectively a target dummy. In the first case I assume I wouldn't have stood a chance either way and in the second case it's probably the only way they're going to be able to kill another player and if that's what it takes to give them a little self-esteem boost that's not my problem. If they turn out to be camping a quest NPC I can always decide I'm playing PvP now and kill them on my next pass.

When I go to Cyrodiil to do PvP I will of course kill other players, but then I'm generally not near PvE objectives except some of the towns (and then not very long, it doesn't take much time to claim one). If I see someone who is obviously doing a quest I'll ignore them because they're irrelevant to me, but if they're fighting I'll fight back.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
This discussion has been closed.