The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Darn mage at the end of the Covenant questline (VR rank)

NombreDeLaBeast
Ok I am not one to complain about the quality of the game and the difficulty spikes across the Veteran ranks...but she is making me madder than I would like to admit (since this is only a game and all that jive.) but when she summons her minions it is all I can do to stay alive until the archers come out and they just tear me up.

Currently I am running a sorc VR 5 with bound armor, crystal, mage's fury (i think) inner light, and impulse With a second bar entirely devoted to healing. My ultimates are the dark magic and summoning ultimates. Once bound armor is activated I am overcharged in both mag resistance and defense. my health is kind of low...at 1850.

So the fight between the mage and I is pretty easy, she does hardly any damage to me and my mana never dips below 80%...Then she summons the damn ghost army. I retreat farther back (one of my runs I tried to impulse everything to death and died in something like 2 seconds.) After I get through the melee units my mana is wavering and health buffed and primed...but as I take 50 arrows to the face, I die.

here is a screen shot of the damage I take before I die...I would respec but it would cost me 15k and I spent that earlier to respec for questing (after spending another 15k to respec when i couldn't get past another portion of the game.)

so either I am stuck at this portion until I get enough gold again to respec and try a more tanky role (then spend another chunk of gold to go back to my questing build) or just give up and maybe start another character or something.

Screenshot_20140527_022457.png
Edited by NombreDeLaBeast on May 27, 2014 7:54AM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retreat when the mobs are summoned, they will come in waves, in groups of 2 to 3.

Retreat into the water, they won't attack when you are in it, and they won't even move towards you, or move backward. rely on your pets to root mobs. They may even do significant damages.

Using the landscape, move between two sides of the water body, this should ensure you only engage no more than 3 mobs at once.

Daggerfall ' s last quest is the most difficult among the factions, that is, unless you figure out the trick.
    Edited by crislevin on May 29, 2014 11:53PM