The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update 41 Cyrillic fonts issues (Link in chat etc)

seggert
seggert
Soul Shriven
Starting from 11.03.2024, after the release of Update 41, problems began to be observed with the display of some information if the client is launched with RU localization.
You cannot either send a link for an item to chat (the message containing the link is not displayed at all, not only link part) or link any achievement. Similarly, any text of the link in the RU-localized client is not displayed - in add-ons, in mail messages, etc., all text with such links just blank lines.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Since disabling add-ons does not solve the problem, only switching the client to another language solves it
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 20 March 2024 16:33
  • READLER
    READLER
    Soul Shriven
    I have a similar problem on the RU client after the update 41 was released.
    Empty sales messages, empty lines in the guild sales history and addons.
    There are also empty guild descriptions if there is any link there (for example, to a house).
    And the inability to send links to the chat.
  • seggert
    seggert
    Soul Shriven
    READLER wrote: »
    And the inability to send links to the chat.
    in fact - u're linking item to chat but can't see that by yourself so u can make some spam in that way - those who have non-RU client will see your linked items and whole messages (if u send link+text in one message) successfully
    But for you it will look like "no message was sent"

Edited by seggert on 13 March 2024 00:33
  • Otshelnik
    Otshelnik
    ✭✭
    I confirm this problem. I send the name of an item to the chat and don’t see it. I use the pChat addon, when I change the font from ESO Standard to Ubuntu, I see my message in the chat, but sometimes there are squares or some unreadable characters. I deleted all the addons - and again I don’t see the name of the item or my message, where there is a link to my house or any item.
    If the message of the day in the guild was written in Cyrillic (Russian, Ukrainian, etc.), then I see an empty field. It’s the same with sales in the trade tab in the guild.
  • RomaNTIC
    RomaNTIC
    ✭✭
    I confirm. I have the same issues with RU client and sending item links to chat or displaying them in different addons. It simply not appearing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @seggert

There is currently a known issue posted here where some UI fonts are difficult to read. Here are three steps you can try that may help for this issue as well.
    • Please ensure addons are either disabled or updated
    • Update your resolution if you can do so
    • Increase your Chat Window Font Size (Settings>Social>Chat Settings>Text Size) or Interface Scale (Settings>Video>Interface>Use Custom Scale)
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on 13 March 2024 17:59
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Otshelnik
    Otshelnik
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @seggert

There is currently a known issue posted here where some UI fonts are difficult to read. Here are three steps you can try that may help for this issue as well.
    • Increase your Chat Window Font Size (Settings>Social>Chat Settings>Text Size) or Interface Scale (Settings>Video>Interface>Use Custom Scale)

Thanks for the answer @ZOS_Bill. I performed the actions you recommended, but nothing helps either with the chat or with the guild bookmarks. Lines with text are empty. Examples in screenshots.
    7t33n1yfe7m1.png
    ti84dh7oi4ga.png
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    difficult to read.
    I suppose that text that is invisible is indeed difficult to read
  • seggert
    seggert
    Soul Shriven
    @seggert

@ZOS_Bill thank your for this advise... as i said in my first post - i've tried to investigate what from UI can cause described trouble. So all was checked with:
    • disabling all addons
    • on different resolutions
    • with and without interface scaling
    Only one that fixes this trouble with emptiness instead of cyrillic fonts in some elements - switching client language to not RU (i've tested on English). I've added image that illustrates difference below... Hope all that helps to fix such problem

flstiq18r5tz.jpg
  • RomaNTIC
    RomaNTIC
    ✭✭
    I also tested this switching language. And with German and English it works perfect.
    Besides, the issue is not only in chat. All item links have disappeared, even in separate addon windows (but for English and German these links in addon windows work)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Otshelnik and @seggert

Thank you for the updates and trying out the suggested troubleshooting. Since those steps have not helped, please go ahead and open a support ticket here if you've not done so yet.
    Staff Post
  • seggert
    seggert
    Soul Shriven
    @Otshelnik and @seggert

Thank you for the updates and trying out the suggested troubleshooting. Since those steps have not helped, please go ahead and open a support ticket here if you've not done so yet.

Opened ticket and got answer kinda "Thank you but u'd better to submit bug report instead of ticket to support... ingame or on forums" :)
    Opened new thread in Bug Reports
    Anyway, thanks for your reaction and suggestions
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for keeping us updated. With the OP sending in their report, this thread will now be closed from any further discussion.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.