The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question about account linking to Steam

Marques
Marques
✭✭✭
So I have been playing ESO for years having purchased it through the website, alongside several expansions and tons of mounts and items.

If I purchase the base game on Steam, then link my account, will I get all my expansions, mounts and items on that Steam base game?

Thank you in advance for the help. Much appreciated.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 2 February 2024 18:46
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My limited experience: You can buy ESO on Steam and link your Steam account to an existing ESO account. The account is what holds all previous progress and purchases, and I do not think that is reset when linking happens. Purchases against the account will have to go through Steam from that point on, though. You do not need to launch ESO and log in to the account from Steam, but obviously, you can if you want.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/36520
    Edited by Elsonso on 2 February 2024 17:43
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    My limited experience: You can buy ESO on Steam and link your Steam account to an existing ESO account. The account is what holds all previous progress and purchases, and I do not think that is reset when linking happens. Purchases against the account will have to go through Steam from that point on, though. You do not need to launch ESO and log in to the account from Steam, but obviously, you can if you want.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/36520

Thank you very much for the reply and help.

If others with the same experience can confirm I would be grateful.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Technical Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

No worries, thank you. Hoping that someone else can confim.
    Options
  • aruthandys
    aruthandys
    ✭✭
    On the PC everything is tied to the @ name so yes, everything would carry over to a linked Steam account. Personally however there the only benefit of doing that is you don't have to type in your password, nothing else.

I started with a Steam account during a F2P weekend since that was the only option that was available at the time. Since then I purchased just the base game during the event sales just so that I could bypass the Steam login process. I only login through Steam after purchasing an expansion and in order to receive the promotional items and then I don't use it again.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Marques

As posted earlier in the thread, your entitlements will carry over to your account once linked through Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post