The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Backbar / Frontbar question

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all ,

Been a while i played eso but had a question about crit of mother sorrow and the effect it has on backbar abilities

Lets say i have mother sorrow 5pieces on frontbar (with weapon) but only 3 on backbar. And lets say that means i have 30% crit chance on backbar but 50% on frontbar.

What happens if i have 3 aoe abilities which i cast on back bar , when going back to front bar. Do the damage over time aoe s get the 50% crit chance when i am on frontbar? Or do they just have the 30% from the bar it was cast?

Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 28 January 2024 18:27

Best Answer

• KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those abilities will use whatever your current stats are.
    So, if you cast them from your back bar, they will use your back bar stats until you swap to the front bar, and then use the front bar stats until you swap back.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking if you cast and try to swap real quick that your back bar spell will get the front bar stats ?
    Doesn't work like that.
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I understand it:
    • "sticky" abilities (that stick on target) use a snapshot of your stats when you cast them for their duration
    • area abilities change their output as your stats change
    I believe there are exceptions, Poison Injection for example recalculating each tick to apply the correct bonus damage. But I've been confused about all this for a long time as well when I just started playing, and there's not a lot of information to be found on this subject, so somebody please correct me if this information is outdated.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    @Juju_beans : are you saying that no matter what skill you use , it will always inherit de stats from the bar it was casted on ? (No matter what kind of skill)?

So if i cast wall of elements and then go back to frontbar , then it still takes the stats (magicka , spell dmg, penetration) and so on from the back bar?

Is that right?

@loosej : you seem to say exactly the opposite ?!
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options