The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

if i decon items with nirnhoned trait

ClowdyAllDay
ClowdyAllDay
✭✭✭✭
shouldnt i expect to get some nirnhoned from deconning them? if i do 20 items with nirnhoned trait and decon them i should get some nirncruxes back? yes?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 10 January 2024 21:39
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You would think so but it's still RNG based, if RNG Jesus likes you, you could get a lot of potent nirn back or if he hates you in the worst case none at all.

It's how people use up their excess transmute stones when they run out of storage, they use them to retrait a bunch of level 1 weapons then decon it for the chance to get potent nirn, to sell.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but it isn't guaranteed. The RNG is based on your level in the appropriate crafting skill line's extraction ability, as well as your Meticulous Disassembly CP ability.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mostly yes, but not if they were reconstructed.
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kringled_1 nailed it.

You can decon as many reconstructed pieces as the game allows but you won't get anything for it, ever.

You only get trait mats from transmuted items (50 transmutes a pop) and not reconstructed ones.

You also get them back from deconstructing nirnhoned items that drop in the wild, but there is no 100% guarantee. Those are meant to be used for trait research more than anything. This also applies to the one's you find in guild traders. Most of them are made to be used as training mats and not decon mats. You will rarely find them made in specific craftable sets and usually for a ton of gold
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to obtain Nirncruxes from the excessive Transmute Crystals you have you to:
    1. Craft or obtain the necessary gear pieces from the mobs drops or buy gear.. this does not matter much
    2. TRANSMUTE them into Nirhoned trait (not reconstruct, but transmute for 50 Crystals a piece)
    3. Decon them transmuted items
    You get Nirncrux with roughly 50% chance on the character with maxed deconstruction skills

i don't have enough proof Green CP "Meticulous Disassembly" affects gear deconstruction
    (though it definitely impacts raw material refining), but i slot it anyway when at Crafting Stations
    PC EU
    Options
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification. I just cant brain sometimes i has the dumbs.
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make sure you have all the crafting passives and Meticulous Disassembly CP for best chance.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also get them back from deconstructing nirnhoned items that drop in the wild, but there is no 100% guarantee. Those are meant to be used for trait research more than anything. This also applies to the one's you find in guild traders. Most of them are made to be used as training mats and not decon mats. You will rarely find them made in specific craftable sets and usually for a ton of gold

The nirnhoned pieces that are specifically meant to be researched are called Exemplary. They do not drop in the wild. They are exclusively granted as a one-time reward from the final quest of the Craglorn main questline. (The specific item is random, but the nirnhoned trait is guaranteed.) They can be equipped without being bound as well.

Nirnhoned pieces that drop in the wild come only from very limited content (certain trials and arenas). These are not specifically intended for research (they are not Exemplary) and may be used, researched, or deconned freely. These are also all BoP, with the usual 2-hour trading timer if gotten with other group members present. People running these pieces of content repeatedly may well be deconning most of their nirn drops on sight, especially if they have already researched that trait on that piece or don't have an interest in doing so.
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Crafting.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are planning to use the nirnhoned gear for research, DO NOT decon it. Instead, craft the item you want to research and then transmute that. It removes the chance of having a loss of crux from deconning the item if you plan to just make a different piece for your toons. Just something I learned while doing trait rese4arch for my alts.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    If you are planning to use the nirnhoned gear for research, DO NOT decon it. Instead, craft the item you want to research and then transmute that. It removes the chance of having a loss of crux from deconning the item if you plan to just make a different piece for your toons. Just something I learned while doing trait rese4arch for my alts.

Ignore this. I am dumb. XD It turns out you can't research transmuted or reconstructed gear. So, you still have to decon it for the crux before creating researchable items. And here I thought I was being smart. XD

EDIT: Want to apologize for the inaccurate information. Was not my intention to present wrong info. Sometimes I get excited and overthink things and get ahead of myself.
    Edited by Djennku on 21 February 2024 07:31
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ignore this. I am dumb. XD It turns out you can't research transmuted or reconstructed gear. So, you still have to decon it for the crux before creating researchable items. And here I thought I was being smart. XD

EDIT: Want to apologize for the inaccurate information. Was not my intention to present wrong info. Sometimes I get excited and overthink things and get ahead of myself.

You can't research on the same character because you have to know the trait first before you can transmute or reconstruct (the reason I've done research on multiple characters). Could you not create something for a different one to research tho?
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

You can't research on the same character because you have to know the trait first before you can transmute or reconstruct (the reason I've done research on multiple characters). Could you not create something for a different one to research tho?

If the item is just transmuted, it can't be researched on a character who needs to learn the trait. My point was I thought I could make something, transmute it, and then have my alt character learn the trait, but I learned it doesn't work that way, same with reconstructed gear. It needs to be straight crafted if you want to use it for research.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Options