The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

eyes of s'rendarr are glitched.

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Apparently the colors are intentional. however There is still a glitch present on the eyes. the white shine ball that moves around weirdly on the right eye.

x9dofdv480ot.png
Edited by francesinhalover on 5 January 2024 18:11
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Vraedlich
    Vraedlich
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing you mean one eye having shinier shaders?

Does look pretty messed up.

Shame I kinda wanted that one.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than being cross-eyed, but it’s a shame these type of eyes always seem to have a bug of some sort.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x9dofdv480ot.png

Your character looks good, btw, with or without the odd eyes. :) Is he an Imperial?
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x9dofdv480ot.png

Your character looks good, btw, with or without the odd eyes. :) Is he an Imperial?

yesir

Cxe9xxH.png
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vraedlich wrote: »
    I'm guessing you mean one eye having shinier shaders?

Does look pretty messed up.

Shame I kinda wanted that one.

yes, and i have a feeling it will never be fixed... i waited for this eyes for so long... for my necromancer... really makes me sad.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really disappointing for a paid item - the quality control on the crate items has definitely gone downhill. [Still true sometimes, but not in this case, to be fair]. I hope this will be looked at for a fix @ZOS_Kevin - crate items are not cheap or easy to obtain! Seems like it might be a really easy fix too.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 4 January 2024 22:42
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for pinging me in this. We'll pass this along. Just to clarify, this is what several of you are experiencing outside of the crown store preview. Just making sure it isn't odd lighting. This will be helpful for when we share this with our teams to review.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate you responding Kevin, hope you enjoyed the holidays!

And yes, I'm definitely getting this issue with the Eyes of S'rendarr (but not other eyes) outside of the crown store preview and with different characters of different races. One eye always looks quite a bit brighter than the other.

s6fku4fhm2s8.png

6rnrt0k4s9x6.png

• Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    Husband bought these, and noticed that too, hope it gets fixed. It's his favorite eye set so far. Looking forward to a purple version of these or the full glow type (not pink). 😁
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, so after hearing back from the team, the different color in the eyes is not a bug and is functioning as intended. The inspiration for the eyes were from cats with heterochromia. So they are intended to have different colors. Kind of like the cat below.
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, so after hearing back from the team, the different color in the eyes is not a bug and is functioning as intended. The inspiration for the eyes were from cats with heterochromia. So they are intended to have different colors. Kind of like the cat below.
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg
    It probably would help if the eyes were actually different colors rather than one being a brighter blue than the other. It makes it look weird and not like normal heterochromia.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg

thank you for the confirmation
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg
    It probably would help if the eyes were actually different colors rather than one being a brighter blue than the other. It makes it look weird and not like normal heterochromia.

True, it looks more like different lighting, almost like one eye is glowing and the other not. Maybe it is heteromagickachromia. :)
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg

good to know, won't be getting it with gems then. Thanks!
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg

If that is the case, I'll get the eyes just to support this awesome implementation.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg

sorry for pinging you again, but id like to see crown store items that explore more heterochromia, in both cat and human eyes with more color combinations.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Kevin for looking into this, it definitely never even crossed my mind that it might be intended.

With twenty characters, I'll find a way to make the eyes work as they are :P

(And it would be cool to release a "normal" version of these eyes someday, as they are quite a lovely color).
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 4 January 2024 22:32
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, so after hearing back from the team, the different color in the eyes is not a bug and is functioning as intended. The inspiration for the eyes were from cats with heterochromia. So they are intended to have different colors.

The in-game eyes don't look anything much like heterochromia, though; they just look like the left eye has a big ol' floater in it. Every time I see those S'rendarr eyes, I have to go check my own in the mirror IRL for "eye bugs." :s Drives me up the wall. :D

It's just...reaaaaally not a good interpretation of heterochromia, devs, sorry!
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on 6 January 2024 23:50
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ahhhh, another grim focus situation.

TOTALLY intentional. Definitely.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg

Your post made my day 😺👍. Thank you 😊
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix your advertisement image then.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/de/crownstore/item/11770?eyes-of-srendarr

Because it does not show a thing about different eyes. At this point it is just misinforming your customers and each player should be able to refund because we are given different eyes than the ones shown in the crown store image.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it does not show a thing about different eyes. At this point it is just misinforming your customers and each player should be able to refund because we are given different eyes than the ones shown in the crown store image.

It looks like there could be a difference, now that I’m really looking for one, but it is hard to tell.

@ZOS_Kevin sorry for so many pings and thank you for getting us this information! Since items come with descriptions, it would be helpful if something in the description indicated that the eyes were supposed to be different, since otherwise one has no reason to expect it, and depending on the lighting when one previews them, not always very apparent.

Edit: The lovely kitty inspired me and I checked out how they look on my Khajiit and I like them! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 5 January 2024 06:59
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a feature makes everyone think that it's a bug, that means that the feature was implemented poorly, no matter what was intended
  • NotoriousBTK
    NotoriousBTK
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the colours are too similar to look intentionally heterochromia, it just looks off. A bigger difference in the two eyes would make it look like it was meant to be that way.
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭

mdm1rdz2lvb2.png
    But if you zoom the image, there are actually different eye colors, which doesn't look like misinformation (unless the linked image was quickly corrected).
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad they investigate things like this (with hopefully the intention of changing them if there is indeed a problem) because in the past there were a few items that had issues (like hairstyles adding a line on the neck and so on) which I'm not sure were revisited afterwards, so ppl were stuck with them. Anyway this is not the case with the eyes since the visual is intended, but it's nevertheless a good direction of zos to check cosmetics that players have potential issues with.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just wanted to note that we're taking feedback from this thread to the team for future consideration for items like this. Thanks for highlighting this.
    Staff Post
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yj42j0x6twdj.jpg

That's alright. Thanks for the info :) However... Sorry to bother but Is the weird glowy ball on the right eye that jiggles also intentional? When it isn't in no way present on the left eye?

9vrPNnT.png
    lGPS4dP.png
    Cye31r9.png
    Edited by francesinhalover on 5 January 2024 18:23
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I'm really glad they investigate things like this (with hopefully the intention of changing them if there is indeed a problem) because in the past there were a few items that had issues (like hairstyles adding a line on the neck and so on) which I'm not sure were revisited afterwards, so ppl were stuck with them. Anyway this is not the case with the eyes since the visual is intended, but it's nevertheless a good direction of zos to check cosmetics that players have potential issues with.

there is still glitch present on the right eye(white shiny ball). like you can see above. that i doubt will ever be fixed. because the eyes of sanguine weren't fixed either.

0UlpOwO.png
    Edited by francesinhalover on 7 January 2024 04:53
  • Feowyn13
    Feowyn13
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Have the eyes been adjusted? Or is surrounding light of influence as well?
    I'm in Infinite Archive atm, and I clearly see 2 differently colored eyes like in your example with the cat. But all day I've been out and about in Tamriel and you barely see a difference aside form the left eye giving off more light.
    *Edit; Nvmd, it seems that environmental lighting is of influence.
    z8ahs538ojot.png
    b4p7ceq9bdvv.png
    Edited by Feowyn13 on 9 January 2024 11:41