The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Question about Oblivion Portals and Addons

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Last night I was riding all over Blackwood looking for an Oblivion Portal, because I wanted to help close it down for the Daily Endeavor. I don't use addons, so I was just riding around to locations where I knew from past experience that Oblivion Portals can appear, but I wasn't having any luck. Then I finally found one, so I posted about it in zone chat in case anyone else had been searching, too.

Then someone immediately posts back, "well the map had circles on it." The map does not show Oblivion Portals on it the way it shows other "incursion" locations, so I figured they must be talking about an addon, because I assume there are map addons which add Oblivion Portals and many other things onto the map. But what I want to know is, are those addons able to show which locations have active Oblivion Portals, or do they just show all of the possible locations?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 18 November 2023 04:34
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one I use just shows the possible locations, not if they're active.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    map pins can show where the oblivion portals are, but it does not know if they are active or not
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thank you both-- that's what I had assumed. So it wasn't a dumb idea for me to call out where an active portal was.

It's definitely one of those typical RNG things-- when you aren't looking for something, it's all over the place and you practically trip over it every few minutes or less; but as soon as you start looking for it, you can't find it anywhere.

Note to mods: You might want to move this to "Players Helping Players" now that it's been answered. :)
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on 17 November 2023 23:18
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking about addons.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post