The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Scrivener's Hall - first boss

Calastir
Calastir
✭✭✭
Uh-oh; I notice that today's Undaunted DLC pledge is Scrivener's Hall.

Even with the mechanics known, this dungeon is still extremely hard to complete with most players quitting right after the first boss (Ritemaster Naqri) kills the whole party.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 1 September 2023 03:19
Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each book spawns with certain percentage and they both do area damage. If mechanics are known people should not have pushed the boss but instead find those books in bookshelves. Everyone should slot self heals as well to ensure safety.

The dungeon is not that hard in my opinion in the end. It just has a different mechanic and has different requirements compared to most other dungeons.

But on the other hand some groups are nuking the boss down after first book.
    Options
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    I have been going in solo to just get the one key after first boss and certainly was rough until I learned mechanics focus on adds importance when coloured book comes follow streaks to bookshelf click on book while protecting yourself from boss self healing/shield repeat every book spawn and managed to get through solo to get key.
    Unfortunately I was not so luck with the lead drop 15 runs and still waiting for lead☹
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    get books. dont die
    Options
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many *effects* are on the screen that it is sometimes even difficult to see that there IS a book in play. And then to actually know, or find out, where to go, in the middle of the fight, and then have the rest of the team screaming at you to return to the fight and stop wasting time.

The actual book mechanic needs to be MORE OPENLY OBVIOUS and other effects need to be LESS OBVIOUS.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I avoided dungeons for so long. Having to look up boss mechanics beforehand because the game does a poor job telling you what the mechanics are just felt too much like homework, and I play this game for fun. Even when the game does have visual indicators or an NPC telling you what to do, I find it all but impossible to see and hear them with all of the flashy and noisy effects going off.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 - Hit boss
    2 - One dps go get one book, the other dps go get the other book (self heal when needed)
    3 - Hit boss
    4 - One dps go get one book, the other dps go get the other book (self heal when needed)
    5 - Hit boss
    6 - One dps go get one book, the other dps go get the other book (self heal when needed)
    7 - Finish boss
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On normal, you can full burn. On vet, at least 2 people (tank and dps) need to know mechanics. The worst part is its hard to see where the book is pointing to as the projectile doesn’t go off soon enough after the book spawns and generally doesn’t go off enough. Apart from that, I think it’s fine. I’ve pugged it on vet as tank many times and haven’t had any problem.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you have enough dmg and good heals you can still raw burn him on vet non-HM (i was doing this with some people from my guild last week to farm the dungeon) (our group dps on the boss avg ~105k)

there was one time i even queued for vet and the group managed to burn him down (though it was a little rough near the end)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember the tank has to stand in the circle that the boss spawns and take the damage or the team will get the damage, also the DPS should kill the adds down quick or the tank will have to deal with the extra damage.
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLOW DPS. Healz and dps go together to the books. Tank needs to be able to tank and stay alive. E z p z
    Options
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I duo it on Vet. She tanks, I dps. She goes after one book, I go after the other, and we meet back in the middle to deal damage, rinse and repeat.
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    1 - Hit boss
    2 - One dps go get one book, the other dps go get the other book (self heal when needed)
    3 - Hit boss
    4 - One dps go get one book, the other dps go get the other book (self heal when needed)
    5 - Hit boss
    6 - One dps go get one book, the other dps go get the other book (self heal when needed)
    7 - Finish boss

I'm tank main player. Unfortunately, 100% PUG DPS is brain dead, and can't do this even in normal. :#
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    SLOW DPS. Healz and dps go together to the books. Tank needs to be able to tank and stay alive. E z p z

find it better for heal to stay with tank, especially with hm, dd need self heal or 3 dd can bypass all books
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - Hit boss
    3 - Hit boss
    5 - Hit boss
    7 - Finish boss

I'm tank main player. Unfortunately, 100% PUG DPS is brain dead, and can't do this even in normal. :#

It's really not fair to call everyone brain dead on this. I consider myself fairly competent and I had no idea about his mechanic until I went looking for a guide for this dungeon. This is an example of how poorly ZOS does on including indicators in dungeons that most people can follow, especially with all of the visual and audible noise of a dungeon fight.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever seen that boss' mechanics on normal.
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    1 - Hit boss
    3 - Hit boss
    5 - Hit boss
    7 - Finish boss

It's really not fair to call everyone brain dead on this. I consider myself fairly competent and I had no idea about his mechanic until I went looking for a guide for this dungeon. This is an example of how poorly ZOS does on including indicators in dungeons that most people can follow, especially with all of the visual and audible noise of a dungeon fight.

"This is an example of how poorly ZOS does on including indicators in dungeons..."

Your opinion is 100% correct. Yea!! I thought same thing.
    ZOS game design is really BAD!! from 2014, but!.....

Even I explain specific dungeon mech, most of PUG DPS (including PUG healer) is just people who want to be
    carried by experienced tank, and being irresponsible toxic brain dead. (T_T)
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This dungeon has so many great drops in it, though with horribly low rng, and the first boss mechanic is so hard for other players to see. One of our group just couldn’t see the runes pointing to the bookshelves, even after we explained it ad naseum and linked a video showing the mechanic.

Please fix this so pug groups and others can understand what to do. I need to do this about 10 million more times to get everything.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with dungeons.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post