The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox Achievements not appearing

NemisisNaxus911
It says in the Patch Notes that Xbox players have 4 new Xbox Achievements to hunt. As of right now they still are not appearing on Xbox. I'd like to be able to finish the story and complete the trial but I'm afraid that if I do, it may glitch the achievements for my account and they will not retroactively appear. The Playstation Trophies seem to be appearing.

Is there any word on this, or any idea when we can expect the achievements to appear for us Xbox players?
  • arteen_eso
    arteen_eso
    ✭✭
    As of this morning, there are still no Xbox achievements for Necrom. Can we get an update on this?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks! We're looking into this now and will let you know when we have an update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    What a bummer, I won’t get to play the new expansion until this is fixed because I am unwilling to do it all again on EU to unlock the Xbox achievement — I was going to level my arcanist in the interim but turns out “get an arcanist to level 50” is an achievement. :(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This issue should now be fixed! Additionally, we updated the names of the Xbox achievements from what was originally listed in the patch notes. Below is what can now be earned:
    • “Champion of Apocrypha” is worth 20 gamerscore
    • “Archmage of Apocrypha” is worth 20 gamerscore
    • “Sanity’s Edge Vanquisher” is worth 30 gamerscore
    • “Hero of Necrom” is worth 100 gamerscore
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    This issue should now be fixed! Additionally, we updated the names of the Xbox achievements from what was originally listed in the patch notes. Below is what can now be earned:
    • “Champion of Apocrypha” is worth 20 gamerscore
    • “Archmage of Apocrypha” is worth 20 gamerscore
    • “Sanity’s Edge Vanquisher” is worth 30 gamerscore
    • “Hero of Necrom” is worth 100 gamerscore

Thanks Gina! Can confirm that after rebooting my console I can see them. <3
  • arteen_eso
    arteen_eso
    ✭✭
    I can see the achievements now. Thanks!
  • Kinarvi
    Kinarvi
    ✭✭
    In Germany, the achievements are not visible even after restarting the Xbox. 😶

Edit:
    For Germany it's now visible. ☺️
    Edited by Kinarvi on 21 June 2023 19:58
    XBOX-EU | UserID Ingame: Kinarvi | UserID Discord: Kinarvi

Steht-im-Nebel (Main)
    Argonier, Templer

Faeian
    Hochelfe, Magierin
  • clemane
    clemane
    ✭✭
    I have restarted my console multiple times and still do not see the Xbox achievements in the US. I unlocked 3/4 of them in game yesterday before I realized there were issues. I am going to be really disappointed if these are now locked forever for me as I had 154/157 achievements before this DLC.

EDIT: I can now see the achievements as well. For "Hero of Necrom" I did everything needed besides the last world boss. Killed him and "Hero of Necrom" Xbox achievement popped. Would really like a response if the devs are going to push an update to check our in-game achievements again to activate the ones we already did.
    Edited by clemane on 22 June 2023 00:01
  • Oeildefeu91
    Oeildefeu91
    ✭✭
    What should I do if I unlocked one of the "Sanity’s Edge Vanquisher" in-game achievement yesterday before the Xbox equivalent achievement appeared ? I completed the trial again just now and the Xbox achievement did not pop.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I hit 50 on my Arcanist, when logging in today, the game didn’t give me the achievement.

Are we expected to start over today? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^On second thought, starting over wouldn’t help, as the in-game achievements are account-wide.
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven
    I'm curious to see the solution to the above comments, as it's also not super uncommon for the Xbox achievements to just... not pop? Would it not be possible, following every maintenance downtime, to push a achievement "sync" upon first login post-maintenance?

I'm not a dev and have zero knowledge of how the Xbox achievement system works behind the scenes, but I'd have thought this would cause no issue for players with no achievement woes, as trying to pop the Xbox achievement they already have surely doesn't do anything, but for players like those here and people that have had achievement issues in the past, this would work, no?
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this is really disappointing. I had every achievement so far, did the trial last night not realising this was a bug and I wouldn't be able to get the achievement and now it won't pop. Really like to see any sort of response to this. Doing it again on another character doesn't work with account wide achievements!
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    I am so sick of this! It happens every patch for me! It's the only reason i have a NA character, just to unlock broken Xbox achievements. It was fine before the shared achievement system, you just do it with a new character. Now you have to do it on another server! And guys, don't even bother with tickets. Their official position on this is "Sorry, but we have nothing to do with Xbox achievements!"
    Really!?!? But you can mess them in the first place?
    I really hope they do something this time. Previously it was really rare an xbox achievement to not pop up for someone (and me been always one if those people) but now a lot of players are affected and it is clearly ZOS's fault!
  • WulfTek
    WulfTek
    Soul Shriven
    Whilst I personally have been lucky enough to have no issues with Xbox achievements, it is more common than I think people are aware. It is a fix ZOS have to make, Xbox support have made it crystal clear that they will not unlock achievements, regardless of whether you've hit the requirements or not, I suspect because there's no way of checking easily and it could be abused.

I'm personally aware of a handful of players who in the past have unlocked in-game achievements without their Xbox equivalent unlocking. A fix needs to be implemented to catch these issues. Some games allow you delete your save data to retry, but obviously that won't work here, some have triggers that will "check off" the achievements additional times, upon rebooting the game or something similar, at least to my understanding.

Either way, it's an issue ZOS have to fix, Xbox can and will do nothing. If the latter half of the year is to be dedicated to QOL updates, please make this one of them.
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭
    I have had so many Xbox achievements not pop. And after account-wide achievements, it seems like there is nothing to be done about it. Replaying on the other server has not made them pop either. I have had no help from ZOS or Microsoft.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, after the confirmation here that the Achievements were available on Xbox, I checked the achievement list on my dashboard and they still weren't showing.

However, I found that if I went into the "All Achievement" section and went to ESO, the Necrom Achievements were listed there. Then, after backing out back to the dashboard, the Achievement section there was also updated properly.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can now see the achievements, but my complete of Sanity's Edge on vet on 20th hasn't updated them. Neither had it updated after completing on Wednesday on a different character.

How can I get this Xbox achievement now please?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Chamillex
    Chamillex
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue as above. Journal shows the achievement as complete but Xbox achievement will not pop.
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭
    I’m just wondering if this problem is ever going to be fixed.
  • clemane
    clemane
    ✭✭
    I am wondering as well and the lack of response isn't making me have any hope.
  • arteen_eso
    arteen_eso
    ✭✭
    I cleared the new trial for the first time today and the Xbox achievement didn't unlock. I have the "Sanity's Edge Vanquisher" in-game achievement but not the corresponding Xbox achievement.

As others have said, the game needs some process to re-sync Xbox/PlayStation achievements based on the in-game achievements.

Can we get word on whether ZOS plans to fix this problem?
  • zsquared8080
    zsquared8080
    ✭✭
    arteen_eso wrote: »
    I cleared the new trial for the first time today and the Xbox achievement didn't unlock. I have the "Sanity's Edge Vanquisher" in-game achievement but not the corresponding Xbox achievement.

Same here -- waited for the achievements to go live, ran normal Sanity's Edge last night, unlocked "Sanity's Edge Vanquisher" in game, but the Xbox achievement did not unlock.

Working toward Xbox achievements are one of the main reasons I play ESO. I'd really like to see some sort of acknowledgement and commitment to addressing this issue. With account-wide achievements, the glitch means we are sitting with earned achievements locked indefinitely.
  • Nomeg_Khuul
    Nomeg_Khuul
    Soul Shriven
    I, too, was unfortunate enough to complete the Archmage of Apocrypha and Sanity’s Edge Vanquisher Xbox Achievements on day one. Power cycling console and deleting saved data proved unsuccessful.

Send help!
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin is there any word on a solution for this problem in talks?

Speaking for myself, I don’t need this fixed tomorrow, but if it’s something that could be done at some point, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
  • Nomeg_Khuul
    Nomeg_Khuul
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, again!

I can confirm that re-doing the Sanity's Edge Vanquisher achievement registers when done on a different server. I originally completed it on Xbox NA on June 20th and just ran and completed it on the EU server today, June 25th. (It took a few minutes before it popped.)

This trick may also work with the other Necrom achievements but will be an arduous and unnecessary task for players that do not play on both servers.

Thank you for your hard work, and we look forward to a fix soon-ish. <3<3<3
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭
    Playing on another server did not work for me in attempting to unlock the “Champion of High Isle” achievement. I have played the entire main quest of High Isle on multiple characters and servers and the Xbox achievement is still locked.
  • arteen_eso
    arteen_eso
    ✭✭
    As an achievement hunter with every Xbox achievement for ESO up until Necrom, I'm pretty frustrated.

ZOS absolutely needs to fix this. It's happened multiple times throughout the years, and the account-wide achievement system made it even more problematic as you can't just redo the achievement on another character.

Hopefully ZOS will fix this sooner than later, but in the meantime my only option is to create a brand new character on the opposite server, starting from scratch.
  • clemane
    clemane
    ✭✭
    It's been 8 days since any official response. How much longer do we have to wait?
    Edited by clemane on 29 June 2023 05:13
  • MonaLisa
    MonaLisa
    ✭✭✭
    When will the XBOX Gamerscore achievements be updated? I am very frustrated. Completed the raid multiple times with multiple characters. Support can't do anything. I have now stopped ESO+.