The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shade polymorph induced lag

LatentBuzzard
LatentBuzzard
✭✭✭
Hi All,

I've noticed that when entering a delve / outlaw refuge with a character using the Shade polymorph then once the delve / outlaw refuge loads up, my character is stuck for a second or two and won't move. This does not happen if I remove the polymorph or use a different polymorph and I experience it when using controller as well as keyboard and mouse. Is anyone else experiencing this when using the Shade polymorph or is it just me ?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 8 May 2023 16:40
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    posted about this before when it first came out.

if youre wearing it, you get a delay every time you travel or enter anything
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    posted about this before when it first came out.

if youre wearing it, you get a delay every time you travel or enter anything

Thanks. At least I can stop trying to work out if something has gone wrong on my side.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this happens with all polymorphs, not just the shade one

not sure if its lag, or if its doing some kind of weird processing (because normally your frozen for a second while the polymorph is turned on, and i think it might be like "turning it on" when you re-zone somewhere)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭

I've personally found this to only happen with the Shade polymorph and no other polymorph.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've personally found this to only happen with the Shade polymorph and no other polymorph.

i have 9 of my 10 character using polymorphs and have noticed this issue for at least a year+, well before the shade event existed

i just never found it to be much of an issue, but a minor annoyance
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014