The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Instant Research Scroll Cooldown

relentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESO
So I haven't seen this update anywhere in the patch notes or anything.
I know I've been using research scrolls I bought from guild traders one after the other just a few weeks ago to research a trait (used like 10 in a row with no problem) and now suddenly when I try to do it today again for another trait there's is a 20 hour cooldown on the item use.
Is this a new thing? Was it just disabled for the time of the previous event? (which is when I last used a few in a row)

Now obviously if you go to a crown store you have instant research items that say "This item has no cooldown" So idk. Not sure when this got changed but it feels very scummy.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 6 May 2023 21:05
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non Crown Store research scrolls have always had the 20h cooldown as far as I know.

The cooldown is per type. Were you maybe researching traits for different crafts?
    Edited by VaranisArano on 6 May 2023 11:57
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post