The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Arcanist Skills/Passives, what do you expect?

Mr_Jord_Joe
Mr_Jord_Joe
✭✭✭
Hello, well the new class is coming, the arcanist, I particularly love the construction of the new class, and I'm a fan of everything that involves Hermaeus Mora since Skyrim, unfortunately I won't be able to play with the new class, because I only have the game base ( no money / cry), but that doesn't stop me from trying to imagine that new skills, and the ones I want to know the most, the passive skills, we know that they got references from several sources, and that makes me imagine that they must have got something from Hermaeus Mora's ''black books'' of Skyrim, so I would like to know if anyone has any theory of what things we might see/expect in terms of active/passive skills, other than what we already know so far!

''So let's see all skyrim black books''

f9ak8telo4nq.gif

Black Book: Epistolary Acumen

Dragonborn Force: Your Unrelenting Force Shout does more damage and may disintegrate enemies.
Dragonborn Flame: When your Fire Breath Shout kills an enemy, a fire wyrm emerges from their corpse to fight for you for 60 seconds.
Dragonborn Frost: Your Frost Breath Shout encases foes in ice.

Black Book: Filament and Filigree

Secret of Arcana: Spells do not drain magicka for 30 seconds.
Secret of Protection: Damage halved from all physical attacks and most magical attacks for 30 seconds.
Secret of Strength: Power attacks do not drain stamina for 30 seconds.

Black Book: The Hidden Twilight

Mora's Agony: Summons a field of writhing tentacles that poisons foes.
Mora's Boon: Completely replenish Health, Stamina and Magicka.
Mora's Grasp: Freezes the target between Oblivion and Tamriel for 30 seconds, making them immune to all damage.

Black Book: The Sallow Regent

Seeker of Might: 10% more effective combat skills, 10% improved Smithing.
Seeker of Shadows: 10% more effective stealth abilities, 10% improved Alchemy.
Seeker of Sorcery: 10% reduction in cost of all spells, 10% improved Enchanting.

Black Book: The Winds of Change

Companion's Insight: Your attacks, shouts, and destruction spells do no damage to followers.
Lover's Insight: +10% damage to and 10% better prices from people of the opposite sex.
Scholar's Insight: Reading skill books provides 2 level increases for the skill.

Black Book: Untold Legends

Bardic Knowledge: A spectral drum that plays for 300 seconds replenishing stamina recovery.
Black Market: A Dremora merchant spawns for 15 seconds.
Secret Servant: A Dremora butler spawns for 15 seconds, total carrying capacity 148 points.

Black Book: Waking Dreams

Reset a skill tree and refund spent perk points at the cost of a dragon soul.

My ''guesses'' we will certainly have an AOE skill, with tentacles like ''Mora's Agony'', and maybe some ultimate with resource reset like ''Mora's Boon'', or who knows total immunity to damage or banishment to enemies like ''Mora's Grasp'' , or cost 0 on skills for a period of time? Anyway there are many possibilities, I'm curious to read any other guesses!

(Sorry for the English, or the text formatting, I'm terrible!)
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 2 April 2023 16:59
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summon permanent Watcher/Seeker pet, double bar slot, either as a normal ability like the Twilight or an ultimate like the Bear. That's all I want out of it.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Combat & Character Mechanics section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a dragonborn shout for a hermaeus mora themed class? probably not.

the skills i hope for are at least one permanent combat pet like sorcerer pets and warden bear and an invisibility spell
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to be able to summon a Seeker for a short amount of time.
    Despair for the Living...
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A move that's fissure but with tentacles

A move that's d-swing but with tentacles

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam negate
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 button instant kill trial boss like a true master of magic.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    a chapter will be released soon, you'll see) What's the point in assuming something, even on the basis of past parts, this is mmo, here the balance is sharpened for other purposes, and even here, zos can change it a thousand times, before release, as was the case with necro and his bone dragon :c
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a new buff and/or debuff, or one that’s hard to come by like major brittle (although this might kill nunatek).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Gibrans
    Gibrans
    ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting a pet for the class tbh
    IGN: Tletva
    Role: Tank
    Class: Necromancer
    CP: 1657
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We've seen a couple skills. I'm personally hoping for channeled and magic damage skills. I'd love to take out my old War Maiden's and Deadly Strike again. Haven't used it much since hybridization and the jabs change.

Personally excited about the beam skill; I really hope it's not an ultimate that you can hold down to get damage out of it over time. I'd much rather it be a skill.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    a dragonborn shout for a hermaeus mora themed class? probably not.

the skills i hope for are at least one permanent combat pet like sorcerer pets and warden bear and an invisibility spell

I'd actually prefer necro style pets, where you cast the ability to summon the pet for X seconds, like the skeleton archer/mage. And do think a watcher summon is a likely skill.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tethers or stacks. That seems to be all they've released for years.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to see the class tbh. We have not long until its playable and we have seen a grand total of sod all of the new class. Was hoping for a livestream with the devs showcasing it, but afaik they haven't announced any such thing. A shame, they're fun to watch.

Moaning aside, I expect the class, aesthetically, to go one of two directions; either it will lean really heave into the Herma-Mora theme with MANY tentacles and eyes (especially the ultimates), or they'll lean more into the arcane sigils and glyphs / runes etc. Personally, I hope it is the latter. That way, the class will have more freedom of expression when it comes to immersion.

As for gameplay, well, we haven't seen enough to be able to guess what the overall design of the class is yet. Is it a DoT focused class? A channeled ability buffing class? Is it tanky? Is it naturally good at self sustain and self healing? The only people who know are the devs and, for some reason, some streamers.

I hope I like the class. Haven't played in months, despite wanting to, because I want to make a new main. Something that feels like a proper mage. Hopefully that will be Arcanist. If not, I suppose I could make a no-pet Sorcerer for maximum copium.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gibrans wrote: »

I kinda hope not. It already has a teleport that's better than streak.
    Now you want to give them a pet?
    What would be the point of sorc?
    What unique identity would sorc have left?
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gibrans wrote: »

I kinda hope not. It already has a teleport that's better than streak.
    Now you want to give them a pet?
    What would be the point of sorc?
    What unique identity would sorc have left?

The teleport looks better on paper, but i'd bet money on it's activation being a synergy which means it wont work 50% of the time. Especially in the heat of battle when people are throwing synergy abilities all over the ground. Probably wont have sorc's burst potential either. No class mechanic for sorc to contend with means it can burst quickly and often. I wouldnt worry about arcanist taking anything away from sorc.
    Edited by Tessitura on 8 April 2023 18:09
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the problems/bugs consistently present in recent updates, I really wouldn’t be surprised if some of Arcanist’s new skills cause more problems with basic game functions. Like, A casts skill X, and now my dodge roll stops working for a couple seconds. Being honest, not negative.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t e n t a c l e s