Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Philius Dormier - Hide Shoulders for Gold?

Jordan_Black
Jordan_Black
✭✭✭
This guy sells things for gold. If we wait until after the event is over, will Hide Shoulders also be available for gold? Or is it still going to be 5 tickets from Philius? Anyone know?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 24 March 2023 10:41
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was confirmed that it will be 5 tickets, not gold, from Philius. No idea why
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better buy it during the Event. While it might be around during each Event, you never really know.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this account wide once you buy it? If not.... that's a deal breaker for me.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

It goes into your Collections so it is Account Wide.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

It goes into your Collections so it is Account Wide.

Thank you @Nestor. I've been out of the loop due to weather.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Better buy it during the Event. While it might be around during each Event, you never really know.

Granted, the game is not without its (many, many) bugs, but it would be a terrible PR move to promise explicitly that something as highly requested as this would be permanently available and then not have it work that way.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It bugs me that they gated this behind event tickets. Did they do that for hiding your helmet? I can't remember. It makes no sense.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It bugs me that they gated this behind event tickets. Did they do that for hiding your helmet? I can't remember. It makes no sense.

They couldn't have, since the original hide helmet option long predated event tickets. They did include another hide helmet option in the outfit system when the outfit system was introduced in Update 17 (Q1 2018). Event tickets were not introduced until the Witches Festival in October of that year.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was not this also in the previous event? I know I have used it for some time.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Hide shoulders? No, it has never been made available on live. It was on the PTS for this update.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Hide shoulders? No, it has never been made available on live. It was on the PTS for this update.
    You are correct, we have the hide shoulder option but you can not activate.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You are correct, we have the hide shoulder option but you can not activate.

Just one more week! :)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they said after the Event the Hide Shoulders would remain available permanently but change to a gold value.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I thought they said after the Event the Hide Shoulders would remain available permanently but change to a gold value.

They confirmed it would be for tickets:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628173/hide-shoulders-seriously/p1

ETA: Kevin’s response is pretty far down the first page. Haven’t figured out a way to get a direct link to a comment on mobile. Seems like there’s a ton of functionality missing in this format.
    Edited by virtus753 on 23 March 2023 20:49
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628173/hide-shoulders-seriously/p1

ETA: Kevin’s response is pretty far down the first page. Haven’t figured out a way to get a direct link to a comment on mobile. Seems like there’s a ton of functionality missing in this format.
    It's a major step backwards. Hide helm was free on its release and remained free, but hide shoulders is not.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

It's a major step backwards. Hide helm was free on its release and remained free, but hide shoulders is not.

That's the thing, though: they *couldn't* put a ticket cost on hide helmet, unless they went back and stripped the functionality from the outfit station and rereleased it for tickets when those were introduced. That would have been walking voluntarily into a major PR disaster. We have no way to know whether they would have put hide helmet behind tickets had that been an option when the outfit system was released. I would think they would have tried, but we can't know for sure.

Either way, please do not mistake my pointing out historical facts with defending their current method of implementation for hide shoulders. I would have preferred hide shoulders to be implemented the same way as hide helmet. I suspect, given how long this feature has been available internally but not publicly released, that this may have been the only way we were going to get the hide shoulders feature in ESO as it stands today. So much about the game has changed in terms of monetization and monetization-adjacent mechanics (like tickets) in the more than five years since the outfit system was introduced. (That's over half the game's lifespan.) And we had the collections menu version of the hide helmet option before that, even. Their strategies for engagement and maximizing time and money from their customers have changed in significant ways since then. This seems to me to be part of that change. From a business perspective they aren't going to grandfather in hide shoulders to match hide helmet when they can now charge for it in time or money. It's part of a bigger trend in gaming that makes it really hard just to have fun because you know the companies providing that source of fun are trying to get ever more out of their customers in exchange. In that, sadly, ZOS is not unique.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

That's the thing, though: they *couldn't* put a ticket cost on hide helmet, unless they went back and stripped the functionality from the outfit station and rereleased it for tickets when those were introduced. That would have been walking voluntarily into a major PR disaster. We have no way to know whether they would have put hide helmet behind tickets had that been an option when the outfit system was released. I would think they would have tried, but we can't know for sure.

Either way, please do not mistake my pointing out historical facts with defending their current method of implementation for hide shoulders. I would have preferred hide shoulders to be implemented the same way as hide helmet. I suspect, given how long this feature has been available internally but not publicly released, that this may have been the only way we were going to get the hide shoulders feature in ESO as it stands today. So much about the game has changed in terms of monetization and monetization-adjacent mechanics (like tickets) in the more than five years since the outfit system was introduced. (That's over half the game's lifespan.) And we had the collections menu version of the hide helmet option before that, even. Their strategies for engagement and maximizing time and money from their customers have changed in significant ways since then. This seems to me to be part of that change. From a business perspective they aren't going to grandfather in hide shoulders to match hide helmet when they can now charge for it in time or money. It's part of a bigger trend in gaming that makes it really hard just to have fun because you know the companies providing that source of fun are trying to get ever more out of their customers in exchange. In that, sadly, ZOS is not unique.
    It's OK, I wasn't commenting on anything you posted, only that I'm disappointed by ZOS' stance on this. Having hide helm be free and hide shoulders not free is bad PR (in my opinion).
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • MisterGibs
    MisterGibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wondered if hiding shoulders was an item because 1, so companions can use it and 2, if it being an option would hide costume shoulders mistakenly.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MisterGibs wrote: »
    I always wondered if hiding shoulders was an item because 1, so companions can use it and 2, if it being an option would hide costume shoulders mistakenly.

it's a new item that will become available for the first time during next week's jester's festival for 5 event tickets and will afterwards be available at the event assistant.

it is a style page so it will be possible to use for companion outfits.
    not costumes as it is not a collectible
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post