The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New dungeons system!

ThePlayer
ThePlayer
✭✭✭✭
In my opinion this would be a way to bring to the game what they call "quality of life improvements".

There are numerous dungeons, the ones that are played the most are those involving obtaining the famous 4 keys, all the other dlc dungeons have terms that refer to obtaining the new set and which generally end up being played frequently with the release of new expansions/dlcs.

So i ask ZOS what is the point of releasing all these new dlc dungeons if in reality they are not played much in the end game?

Wouldn't it be better to update the dungeon system? maybe create sets that can only be obtained through tokens by playing the dlc dungeons?

Maybe I'm wrong but in the end these dlc dungeons (especially in veteran) are rarely played and in my opinion it's a great shame.

ZOS wake up your mmo could be the top of the mmo but you have to think more about the end game and the end game players!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 19 March 2023 18:14
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen DDs players queue up for dlc dungeons in Dec 2022 and play in 2023 (it wasn't the 31st).

Some DDs queued up on March 13th and today they want a refund for their money spent on Scribes of Fate (and not even play it).

I've seen DDs pay tanks 50k gold to play the new dlc.

I've seen things you ESO players can't imagine!
    Now you continue! What did you see?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the new 2 person infinite dungeon system they are coming out with in Q4 is not a new dungeon system? lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw it now but not look like an end game update but a way to level up chars in dungeons with 1 of your friend.

As you suppose to complete a veteran dlc dungeons with your companion?...+ your friend and his/her companion.
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    so the new 2 person infinite dungeon system they are coming out with in Q4 is not a new dungeon system? lol

I for one am very interested in how they will approach this, what sort of awards will we be able to earn.

Will there be wandering bosses…?
    Will there be great awards…..?
    Will there be a save progression….?
    Will there be puzzles to solve….?
    Will there be new sets to obtain….?
    Will there be HM…..?

But most of all will the older dungeons be forgotten about and get lost in the glory of this new never ending dungeon.

So there is some truth in this thread that some sort of update to older dungeons needs to be added for replay value and end game.
    Edited by Animar111 on 15 March 2023 20:36
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeons are played… vet DLC dungeons have been my main content for some time now, and before that I mained normal DLC dungeons and overland questing. Heck, if you don’t believe me, I posted a poll asking people if they enjoy doing dungeons and… well plenty of people do.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/626370/do-you-actually-like-dungeons/p1

As for tanking the new dungeons… I wouldn’t pug them as a tank either. At least not SH.

What I think would elevate dungeons more would be more like an ultra HM pass where all dungeons get an ultra HM, but I think they’re fine as they are now. I have my favorites. They are fun.
    Edited by Soarora on 15 March 2023 20:36
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    I saw it now but not look like an end game update but a way to level up chars in dungeons with 1 of your friend.

As you suppose to complete a veteran dlc dungeons with your companion?...+ your friend and his/her companion.

Most people group for these using guilds rather than group finder. Also, we know nothing about the new dungeon so claiming to know its purpose is fruitless.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »

I for one am very interested in how they will approach this, what sort of awards will we be able to earn.

Will there be wandering bosses…?
    Will there be great awards…..?
    Will there be a save progression….?
    Will there be puzzles to solve….?
    Will there be new sets to obtain….?
    Will there be HM…..?

But most of all will the older dungeons be forgotten about and get lost in the glory of this new never ending dungeon.

So there is some truth in this thread that some sort of update to older dungeons needs to be added for replay value and end game.

Imagine timed dungeons with modifiers. That will be a fun challenge. I love your post. I can see how awesome dungeons will be with those challenges too. I was also thinking about saved progression.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just hope these new endless dungeons can be played by solo players, in line with the 'ESO is for all play styles' philosophy.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play DLC dungeons because they are a lot more fun than base game dungeons. The only reason to do base game dungeons once you've done them 100s of times is undaunted keys, but that does not make them fun in any way. Going into vet DLC hardmode dungeons with a group of friends is some of the most fun I have in ESO. I will always look forward to new challenging DLC dungeons.