The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Option to buy Transmute stones in Crown Store

Heelie
Heelie
✭✭✭✭✭
Every time a new DLC is released in the game, players are given new gear sets that can be used in trials. To get these sets, transmute stones are a vital resource. However, many players have been asking for more efficient ways to obtain these stones, as the current maximum rate is 15 stones per hour. Unfortunately, the only efficient options available are normal dungeons and PvP, which are not everyone's cup of tea. Some players, like myself, do not enjoy playing in Cyrodill and instead resort to equipping a full tank build just to travel ICP and return if anyone actually tries to PvP with me. Likewise, running 25 random normals just to obtain a set that is useful for only 1 or 2 bosses can be disheartening.

It would be great if the game developers could add packs or transmute stones to the crown store. Personally, I do not care for cosmetic items in the crown store and often end up accumulating crowns throughout the year, only to sell them to someone who appreciates these items. I would gladly pay 1500 crowns for 100 crystals if it meant I did not have to engage in content that I do not enjoy.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 13 March 2023 23:10
Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's Pay to Win
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiberX wrote: »
    That's Pay to Win
    How is this pay to win any more than paying for Attribute and skill respec scrolls mid run? Or skyshards?

• JJMaxx1980
    JJMaxx1980
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's Pay to Win

‘Pay to win’ doesn’t apply here. Providing transmute crystals for crowns simply offers an alternate way to obtain them. You can still get them absolutely free by taking the time and playing the game.

A good game should provide paths to resources for every type of player. Some people have time, but no money and some people have money but no time. You should cater to both groups.

Edited by JJMaxx1980 on 13 March 2023 14:45
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a vendor that sells them for gold. Put limmit pr week on and sell them in 10 stacks
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Pay to Win

no
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJMaxx1980 wrote: »
    That's Pay to Win

‘Pay to win’ doesn’t apply here. Providing transmute crystals for crowns simply offers an alternate way to obtain them. You can still get them absolutely free by taking the time and playing the game.

A good game should provide paths to resources for every type of player. Some people have time, but no money and some people have money but no time. You should cater to both groups.

Yes it is Pay to Win! By the same logic u can get Perf Relequen daggers, just by playing the game. Altering traits to get better weapons, more powerful is getting an advantage! Cosmetics are not , neither buying skill or attribute respecs> for a small amount of gold u can get them at shrine, practically for free.
    Edited by TiberX on 13 March 2023 15:35
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Pay to Win

Yes it is Pay to Win! By the same logic u can get Perf Relequen daggers, just by playing the game. Altering traits to get better weapons, more powerful is getting an advantage! Cosmetics are not , neither buying for small amount of gold skill or attribute respecs.

being able to swap Attributes mid trial is way more pay to win than being able to buy transmute stones that can be farmed in game, you can go from being a tank to a dd back to being a tank and this way get a faster score run than another group.
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be less inclined to ask for them in the crown store and more in favour of broadening the sources of transmute stones in game (eg. crafting, undaunted delve dailies, hireling.....).
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not decon your old reconstructed gear and remake new stuff,since you get transmutes back.It's not hard to farm transmutes.If oyu don't like ways to get transmutes,then too bad.I don't like things,but do em if I need something.Maybe ask em to redo the dungeon amounts,like 1 normal,2 vet,4 for vet HM,wouldn't be P2W that way.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a general problem that the USE of transmute stones is getting broader (particularly with the collections change), but the means of obtaining them isn't. I'm not so sure that's sensible given that they're starting to encroach into being "necessary" in content pure solo players play.

They should ideally expand the sources, or at the very least increase the quantity dropped each time (if you do an undaunted pledge you can end up with, what, one crystal -- wow, let's frame it on our walls), and they should ideally think about what gameplay mechanic(s) might be suitable to award them in solo play.
  • idwilson
    idwilson
    ✭✭
    It isn't pay to win, it is pay to play for the time reason mentioned by our learned colleagues earlier in the thread. However, given how little time you have to spend in PVP to get these, I am not sure why our proposer doesn't fancy it. Each to their own.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Pay to Win

Yes it is Pay to Win! By the same logic u can get Perf Relequen daggers, just by playing the game. Altering traits to get better weapons, more powerful is getting an advantage! Cosmetics are not , neither buying skill or attribute respecs> for a small amount of gold u can get them at shrine, practically for free.

you can earn transmute crystals in game --- pay to win does not apply here. pay to change stuff quicker does. that's not pay to win.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was possible to trade them. I rarely use them so I have far more than I need (sometimes more than I can store) and would happily give them away if I could.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would rather ZoS remove the transmute costs for reconstructing and transmuting gear before selling transmutes in the crown store. Removing the transmute costs would further reinforce the importance of researching traits in crafting and filling up the sticker book.
  • Catagami
    Catagami
    ✭✭
    This might not be pay to win immediately, but it is pay for convenience, which strongly encourages developers towards anti consumer behavior, like decreasing the ways of getting them for free, or making them more broadly necessary.
    Once that gets past a certain point it will definitely be pay to win, as you'll need to either farm for hours a day to keep up with the meta or pay for it.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I so agree that there should be a different way to earn them. I really am getting sick and tired of how ZOS restricts everything to one way of getting things. This is such a big negative about this game along with the stupid mount training.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the tank players, that transmute stone always fill up my storage.
    So....don't want to buy such thing by the real money. Actually say, i want to
    buy every PVP skill by the real money. PVP grinding is far more stressful rather than
    gathering transmute stone.

Just pick up tank player from your guild member, and go to the normal random dungeon run.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the tank players, that transmute stone always fill up my storage.
    So....don't want to buy such thing by the real money. Actually say, i want to
    buy every PVP skill by the real money. PVP grinding is far more stressful rather than
    gathering transmute stone.

Just pick up tank player from your guild member, and go to the normal random dungeon run.

you can buy the PvP skil line in the crown store, what's the point?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mean to derail the thread, just wanted to add that transmute gems drop fairly regularly from ToT dailies. I do the PvE daily everyday and that is how I built my bank.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, they could also drop from deconstruction of any item that can be made with them -- overland sets would be very rare, about what the drop rate of nirncrux materials would be... dungeons more so, maybe like gold material drops from deconstruction - then, you could slowly accumulate the transmutes for doing the things you need them for.

Auldwulfe
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I don’t mean to derail the thread, just wanted to add that transmute gems drop fairly regularly from ToT dailies. I do the PvE daily everyday and that is how I built my bank.

This ^^

I am literally always at 1000/1000 transmutes and regularly transmute weapons to nirnhoned for a good chance of potent nirn in return on decon.

ALL of mine come from NPC daily card rewards, however I do confess to playing those dailies on several characters some days! 😂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Put X into the real money store" - NO. Whatever it is.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alternate in-game sources for Transmutes is more favourable to me than a Crown store option

Plus keep the thread " alive" in this forum
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add them to the crown store buuuut they should also have them as a gold sink in game. The game does need more gold sinks to help the economy.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe a certain amount could be granted per month as part of ESO+ like the craft bag. It would certainly get people to subscribe...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • derkaiserliche
      derkaiserliche
      ✭✭✭✭
      Or just make them tradeable so i can sell mine to you for a lot of gold
    • iPlayOnlyESO
      iPlayOnlyESO
      ✭✭✭
      Btw, Tales of Tribute rewards are full of transmutation stones. I wasted 1000s of transmutation stones coming from ToT, because of limited storage capacity. I think it's the fastest method of farming transmutation stones. It also gives other rewards.
    • WrathOfInnos
      WrathOfInnos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If Transmutes were added to the crown store, that would create a monetary reason for developers to make them harder to obtain in game. i don't think that is a good path to go down. If anything we need more sources of transmutes that can be earned from various activities.
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Btw, Tales of Tribute rewards are full of transmutation stones. I wasted 1000s of transmutation stones coming from ToT, because of limited storage capacity. I think it's the fastest method of farming transmutation stones. It also gives other rewards.

Tales of Tribute requires players to have access to High Isle, so it's not really an option for everyone.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester