Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The number of dark anchors required for the Fighter's Guild daily quest needs to be reduced.

Btoop
Btoop
✭✭✭✭
The Mages Guild and Undaunted have relatively quick quests which compliment needing to repeat them in order to level up skill lines and the Fighters Guild should be the same.

Having to destory three anchors is just an outright chore and I'd rather spend the time doing anything else. Similarly to other repeatable quests, you should be able to turn in the quest after only one anchor but with the option to destory more for a greater level of reward.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 12 March 2023 16:39
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same for requiring 3 Dragons in Northern and Southern Elsweyr.
    Edited by SilverBride on 11 March 2023 20:24
    PCNA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I skip half of them particularly those that are severely out of the way to get to. The ones I usually do are deshaan, auridon, grahtwood, shadowfen, rivenspire, malabal tor, eastmarch, and alikr desert.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on 11 March 2023 22:13
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get more FG progress from destroying pinions while doing dolmens. I try to leave those to people levelling FG because interacting with em does not give anything with maxed Fighters Guild.
    Unlock the Continuous Attack passive to have moar speed to reach dolmens off wayshrines. (Do the Cryodiil siege tutorial during Whitestrake event. I've even unlocked Caltrops with only scouting missions, no pvp required... Que to IC for quick exit from Cryo.)
    Edited by rpa on 12 March 2023 03:01
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just kill undead wherever. I can't stand messing with dolmens - not even one. And three? Ewww. Of course, I don't really care if my characters ever get FG leveled all the way.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild dailies aren't are chore. They are easy and only require a bit of riding.

Dragon dailies however are!
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FG dailies are required to level your Companion FG skill line, so they can't be skipped if you're trying to level your Companion.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the FG daily is generally quick and easy. There are a few maps where one of the dolmens is difficult to get to, especially if unfamiliar with what areas of the map are impassable but you don’t have to do all three if there are others on the map doing dolmens. Or you can just skip the daily for any zone you don’t like doing.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    You get more FG progress from destroying pinions while doing dolmens. I try to leave those to people levelling FG because interacting with em does not give anything with maxed Fighters Guild.
    Unlock the Continuous Attack passive to have moar speed to reach dolmens off wayshrines. (Do the Cryodiil siege tutorial during Whitestrake event. I've even unlocked Caltrops with only scouting missions, no pvp required... Que to IC for quick exit from Cryo.)

What are "pinions"?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought more people wanted Northern reduced? or is it because South can only have 2 up at a time.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rpa wrote: »

What are "pinions"?

there are 5 pinions per anchor, they fill up with dead daedra and open up. once interacted with, the people at the anchor get full hp/resources and some damage buff. Once the first 4 pinions are touched then the boss pinion spawns, killing the boss and all adds allows the pinion to be interacted with and destroyed, as well as some treasure to spawn.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the FG dalies are fine, it's not even 10 mins of work total, including getting to the dolmens

But the dragon dalies, yeah they need to be cut down to 1/zone given that taking them down is a large team effort
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

I thought more people wanted Northern reduced? or is it because South can only have 2 up at a time.

I don't know about everyone else but I find 3 to be excessive in either zone.

Most dailies are 1 World Boss and 1 Delve and 1 Harrowstorm and 1 Vent and 1 item from a Public Dungeon. So why 3 Dolmens and 3 Dragons and 3 Geysers?
    Edited by SilverBride on 13 March 2023 04:29
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

I don't know about everyone else but I find 3 to be excessive in either zone.

Most dailies are 1 World Boss and 1 Delve and 1 Harrowstorm and 1 Vent and 1 item from a Public Dungeon. So why 3 Dolmens and Dragons?

This is very fair, it seems they think Dragons are equal to Dolmens in difficulty when they aren't, you have big target + adds to kill (depending on speed of kill). The 3 kill number seems to be arbitrary.

Dolmens, on the other hand, are trivial in comparison to Dragons, and have 3 spots per zone. I think the fact that there are 3 dolmens per zone factored heavily into the creation of the fighter's guild daily, and perhaps even the number of dragon spawns in Northern Elsweyr. They should look into reevaluating this daily.
  • RedBranch
    RedBranch
    ✭✭✭
    This is a repost for me but it applies:

I’d complete more dailies if I was able to choose which one I want to complete from a list… you approach the dailies NPC and select which daily you’re in the mood for. It’s probably been said before but putting it out there since we’re discussing what would motivate us to revisit zones.

Applies to FG as well. I generally don’t mind the three dolmens. I enjoy questing and riding out, but would love to be able to select the zone I feel like visiting that day.

Implementing changes that will motivate people to re-visit older zones was discussed earlier this year. This dailies change would definitely help.
  • Terces
    Terces
    It's interesting to me that Dolmens are a drag but not Geysers. The repeatable quest in Summerset requires 3 Abyssal Geysers to be done and I think those are a bigger chore than Dolmens. I find them even more tedious than killing 3 dragons which at least has good rewards.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terces wrote: »
    It's interesting to me that Dolmens are a drag but not Geysers. The repeatable quest in Summerset requires 3 Abyssal Geysers to be done and I think those are a bigger chore than Dolmens. I find them even more tedious than killing 3 dragons which at least has good rewards.

I forgot about the Geysers. I'm going to add those to my list.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the other annoying thing about the dragon dailies is that the north and south elsweyr dragon dailies cant be done at the same time like the western skyrim and markarth harrowstorm dailies

the north elsweyr dragon daily HAS to be completed in north elsweyr
    the south elsweyr dragon daily HAS to be completed in south elsweyr

the harrowstorm dailies in western skyrim and markarth can be completed regardless of which zone you are in (in fact you can complete both dailies with 1 harrowstorm lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014