The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Redoing Quests

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I think it is a must that Elder Scrolls Online make it so a player's character can redo a zone's questline. There a so many quests that are worth doing over and over again. For example, I would never get tired of playing Lunacy of Two Moons. Of course, the item and skill point rewards would be excluded, just having gold and XP gifted. That was something I loved when I played Lord of the Rings Online. It could kind be an extension of Cadwell's Silver/Gold. Once you completed a storyline you could redo it. It could also let you to make different quest decisions and see what the outcome would have been. Finally, after a few questline victory NPC gatherings I found that I overlooked a quest thereby prevented more characters from attending, resulting in a deep feeling of frustration.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 24 February 2023 18:07
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why we have alts.

Also, the unfortunate shame is that there are very few decisions of consequence when questing in tamriel. I guess I would not be totally opposed to an option to completely reset a zone (dont think I would ever use it), but you would have to be careful about not duplicating things like skill points. Being able to reset a single quest screams potential for abuse.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on 23 February 2023 19:54
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's really cool you're this into eso questing and certainly wouldnt have a problem with them adding this as an option.

• Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who loves to quest in ESO too, I don't think ZOS should allow us to reset quests. As this can be too easily abused. Like resetting the same easy zone over and over for quick gold, or resetting a certain part of a zone after completing the easiest/fastest quests there.
    And as with any option, there would also be players who would reset their questprogress by accident. Creating a customerservice nightmare.

It is easier to just create a new character, and pick different options for the quests.

Idea: Instead of resetting quests: After completing Cadwell's gold, all quests turn into daily quests which only grant gold/exp. Allowing us to repeat them at will. This way we can also keep our questprogress, while still being able to repeat every quest. (with this ZOS would probably have to lower the max amount of dailies we can complete every day though)

PS: Have over 155 full zones completed for 100%, spread over 18 characters.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the quests in Craglorn are repeatable by default. Similar approach can be used for other zones or future ones.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat idea, there were a few quests where I wasn't happy with the outcome of my decision, and since I can't load a save I just had to live with it. I think it would have to be limited to side quests though, for questlines it would have to rewind the whole story to that point or it would lose coherence.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    As someone who loves to quest in ESO too, I don't think ZOS should allow us to reset quests. As this can be too easily abused. Like resetting the same easy zone over and over for quick gold, or resetting a certain part of a zone after completing the easiest/fastest quests there.
    And as with any option, there would also be players who would reset their questprogress by accident. Creating a customerservice nightmare.

It is easier to just create a new character, and pick different options for the quests.

Idea: Instead of resetting quests: After completing Cadwell's gold, all quests turn into daily quests which only grant gold/exp. Allowing us to repeat them at will. This way we can also keep our questprogress, while still being able to repeat every quest. (with this ZOS would probably have to lower the max amount of dailies we can complete every day though)

We play very different games. LOL
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm against resetting quests. What would be nice is to be able to revisit some areas that get closed after quests complete, e.g.
    - final areas in God of Schemes quest
    - Crystal Tower in Summerset
    I'd just like to see these areas again.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    That's why we have alts.

Also, the unfortunate shame is that there are very few decisions of consequence when questing in tamriel. I guess I would not be totally opposed to an option to completely reset a zone (dont think I would ever use it), but you would have to be careful about not duplicating things like skill points. Being able to reset a single quest screams potential for abuse.

It's a pain in the neck building a whole new character just to redo one quest. In fact, it's also frustating getting all my newer characters up to the same point as my main one. In my opinion, there should be an option when you clear all quests, locations, and the skill points available in one zone you have the option of carrying all that over to another character; the same can be said about alliance ranks. They already do it with skyshards, styles, and some achievements, so I don't see why the other skill point sources can't do the same.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

I think that's a marvellous idea, as everyone would be able to enjoy a quest again if in the mood to do so while not changing any progress trackers. Absolutely nothing to add, except agreement.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Turning completed into dailies, that does sound like a good idea. The problem would be how to portray the quest giving. Picking up the quest from NPC scenarios that are exactly the same as the original completion would feel out of place.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I'm against resetting quests. What would be nice is to be able to revisit some areas that get closed after quests complete, e.g.
    - final areas in God of Schemes quest
    - Crystal Tower in Summerset
    I'd just like to see these areas again.

Wouldn't you like you do those quests again without having to build a new character from scratch?
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    Turning completed into dailies, that does sound like a good idea. The problem would be how to portray the quest giving. Picking up the quest from NPC scenarios that are exactly the same as the original completion would feel out of place.

Doing a quest over and over again, when it's already completed, will always feel a little odd. Picking up the quest the same way as the first time is necessary tho, otherwise it wouldn't be the same quest scenario.

ZoS did exactly this with craglorn side quests for example, the same system would work in every zone.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are many quests I'd love to do over again, and since I tend to do one zone or chapter on one character only (it becomes that particular alt's story and does not belong to another alt), I've gone to PTS when the server I don't have characters on is active, and recreate my characters. I have all the sliders in screenshots so this only takes a few minutes. Then I'll play that chapter all over again.

I do regret not knowing about the end of chapter parties and tending to do the main quests first and then the side quests. I hate how I have one character that barely has anyone at her party because she blew through the main quest as I was so into RPing the urgency and enjoying the story so much that I finished it and later went back to the side quests. It's frustrating now that I can't change that.

I would love for those side quest characters to show up at the party later if you did get back to those quests after the main quest was completed. It would make completing side quests more satisfying if you could get them to show up later. That way you can play the story any way you want for real and not have people left out of your epilogue party.

I think a toggle to repeat quests or a chapter would be great for us questers. While I can use PTS for this, it would be awesome to just be on the actual character.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    It would be realy fun being able to do the Summerset main quesltines over again.