The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DARK HEART OF SKYRIM EVENT (TLDR VERSION)

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
DARK HEART OF SKYRIM EVENT (TLDR VERSION)

STARTING TODAY 17-29 Nov
WHAT: Doing Western Skyrim or The Reach dailies
ALSO doing Icreach/Unhallowed Grave/Castle Thorn/Stone garden dungeons
HOW TO START: Do the quest BLOODY REUNION from the crown store or read the NOTE at the Impressario tent
REWARDS: Double drops from bosses & harvesting nodes, Vateshran & Kynes Aegis + Impressario Rewards + Indrik Mount items
NEEDED: Greymoor & Markarth DLC or ESO+
EVENT TICKETS: 2 per day per account ie 26 in total for the first daily in Skyrim + first daily in The Reach (includes Harrowstorms)
ZOS ARTICLE WITH EVENT DETAILS https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/63149

TIANLEINS GUIDES
Please like and follow her channel!

EVENT DAILIES QUEST GIVERS:
outoigg1l44g.jpg
or4l0b0cgwki.jpg

EVENT GUIDE:
https://youtu.be/BYmXxY-sbjY?t=11

EVENT STYLE PAGE:
https://youtu.be/-7wawP8W7Bo?t=12

SACRED HOURGLASS COLLECTABLE:
https://youtu.be/HLgFsINGiU8?t=11

HOW TO GET AN INDRIK MOUNT:
https://youtu.be/9wa-w9MuKpg?t=10

Any tips, tricks or comments?
I will update them in the OP.

Tip 1
fom KlauthWarthog
If all you care about are the tickets:
- Get the harrowstorm daily on Solitude (Western Skyrim)
- Get the harrowstorm daily on Markarth (The Reach)
- Clear a harrowstorm on The Reach (easier to get to)
- Turn both quests in

Tip 2
Active Harrowstorms are marked by crossed swords
t8jzh5br8x6f.jpg

Tip 3
Click on the Harrowstorm quest
Then select SHOW ON MAP
This will highlight all Harrowstorms on the map with a flashing blue circle
Easy to go and discover them

Tip 4
If you have multiple toons
leave the toon at the quest giver when you hand in
when you log back in the next day just pick the quest up again
(or as for someone to share it in zone chat)
Edited by marius_buys on 26 January 2023 06:17
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @marius_buys very helpful!
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do dungeons, arena and trial drop even tickets or it’s only for zone dailies?
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One tip, yes.
    - Turn both quests in
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »

This is what the website says:

"you can earn one Event Ticket for completing a daily quest in Western Skyrim or the Kyne’s Aegis weekly quest, and one additional Event Ticket for completing a daily quest in the Reach."

So you can get one ticket from the Western Skyrim trial quest.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to decide if I'll do some Western Skyrim and/or Reach dailies or just buy the hourglass fragment with tickets I have saved up and wait for New Life. For once I'm reasonably sure I'll be able to play at least the first few days of New Life so I don't need to save tickets in advance.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this one of those events where I can never get to the harrowstorm in time before a massive group obliterates it in seconds? I think it was the anniversary event where that kept happening.
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Is this one of those events where I can never get to the harrowstorm in time before a massive group obliterates it in seconds? I think it was the anniversary event where that kept happening.

Harrowstorms take a fair bit longer to complete so you should have decent time to get to it
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Last Skyrim Event it was just as quick to camp at one Harrowstorm they were going down so fast.

Having said that the ones in The Reach are easy to get too once you work out a route, so I will probably try there before I make a decision. 😀
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saarthal Scholar style looks pretty bad.
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    tonyblack wrote: »

This is what the website says:

"you can earn one Event Ticket for completing a daily quest in Western Skyrim or the Kyne’s Aegis weekly quest, and one additional Event Ticket for completing a daily quest in the Reach."

So you can get one ticket from the Western Skyrim trial quest.

Oh, that’s suck. In that case the most efficient way would be indeed to do harrowstorm dailies. Delves and bosses would take longer and nothing from those zones worth much to begin with as all the motifs lost their value way back in previous events.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

Last Skyrim Event it was just as quick to camp at one Harrowstorm they were going down so fast.

Having said that the ones in The Reach are easy to get too once you work out a route, so I will probably try there before I make a decision. 😀

I might try to camp ahead of time. I still remember being at the tail end following a group and still not reaching the harrowstorm in time.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide if I'll do some Western Skyrim and/or Reach dailies or just buy the hourglass fragment with tickets I have saved up and wait for New Life. For once I'm reasonably sure I'll be able to play at least the first few days of New Life so I don't need to save tickets in advance.

I'm definitely not messing around in Skyrim for tickets. I've got enough for the second piece of the hourglass on all accounts and I can finish it on all in New Life.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best part of event so far - event Boss spawns ON bridge, dozens of players spam skills UNDER bridge, don't knowing what's going on above theirs heads :D

JFCN45y.jpg
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. The harrowstorm are closed quickly. Ride a fast horse, or run fast (Ring of the Wild Hunt).
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has the voidmother WB bug been resolved yet? This one still remembers the time when everyone screaming in the chat not to kill her, in several different languages, but no one was paying attention.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope there is something for sale with tickets that I care about.
    PCNA
  • Gwahiir
    Gwahiir
    ✭✭✭
    One tip, yes.
    - Turn both quests in

Great tip, makes it much faster to complete. Do you know if this a bug or intended?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part of event so far - event Boss spawns ON bridge, dozens of players spam skills UNDER bridge, don't knowing what's going on above theirs heads :D

JFCN45y.jpg

Yeah, 2022 poster child for Poor Quest Design. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eccp6hqtid6z.png
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eccp6hqtid6z.png

Those are bought with Seals of Endeavor, not event tickets.
    PCNA
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gwahiir wrote: »
    Great tip, makes it much faster to complete. Do you know if this a bug or intended?

I do not remember seeing any communication from development on this, but this has worked this way since Markarth released, and through all past instances of the event so far. So, I am inclined to believe it is intended.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »

Yes. The harrowstorm are closed quickly. Ride a fast horse, or run fast (Ring of the Wild Hunt).

Alternatively, pick one harrowstorm that isn't active YET, and stay at it until the zone's harrowstorm cycles round to your locations so you're there before it starts.

They do not cycle in a sequence, when one harrowstorm ends, another one starts and it's random, so it may cycle round to your location immediately or it may take a while, but it will eventually show up. There are 6 in Western Skyrim above ground, 4 in Blackreach Greymoor Caverns (below Western Skyrim) and 4 in The Reach, and ONE in each of those three zones will be active at all times, a new one starting when the old one ends. (None in Blackreach Arkthzand Cavern.)

Also: A single harrowstorm can do double-duty for both of the dailies from Solitude and Markarth, if you pick up both quests before stopping one harrowstorm. But why would you want to stop at just one? :-)
    Edited by jle30303 on 18 November 2022 12:04
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dead