Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In which order should I play the expansion/DLC zones?

SerasWhip
SerasWhip
✭✭✭✭
I have finished the main story content for each alliance, now going to start with the DLCs and other additional zones like Craglorn/Elsweyr, etc.

However, I want to play them in chronological order. For example, I know that the events in Morrowind happen before Summerset as we are supposed to re-encounter some of the Morrowind NPCs and there is a continuation to their storylines, so I would play Morrowind before Summerset. I also realize that some chapters may be completely independent of the former zones and in my case can be played in any order, I would also like to know which chapters that would be. Can someone who is into the lore give me a timeline for all the expansion/DLC zones?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 25 July 2022 01:33
  • SpaPooP
    SpaPooP
    ✭✭
    Don't know if it's posted somewhere here but this is on ESOReddit:

ESO's Beginner's Guide for Story Purpose (v4) by Bengamey_974 - https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/sp4hho/esos_beginners_guide_for_story_purpose_v4/

ESO Content Timeline - High Isle Update 8.0 (and beyond) by Theyn_Tundris - https://i.redd.it/darvqfntzy591.png)
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The order in which new zones were released is as follows (hopefully my memory will stand firm!): Craglorn, Imperial City, Orsinium (Wrothgar), Thieves Guild (Hew's Bane), Dark Brotherhood (Gold Coast), Morrowind (Vvardenfell), Clockwork City, Summerset, Murkmire, (Northern) Elsweyr, Dragonhold (Southern Elsweyr), Greymoor (Western Skyrim), Markarth (Reach), Blackwood, Deadlands and, finally, High Isle.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Thormar
    Thormar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google search "uesp eso quests"
    and take it from there.
    Happy questing.
    What if I go north? Disappear.
    Would you come after me?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Nestor on 24 July 2022 11:05
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it Z to A. Or A to Z. Doesn't matter. All content is playable in any order. All quests are written in a way, that this is possible.

And you are not missing out on any content if you skip something and return later.

However, two tipps. First, there are quest lines that get continued in reference, but are still standalone. Completing both sometimes unlocks additional content. Use UESP.net to learn which.
    Second, most zone quest lines have an endquest, where much more people will be present, if you finished all sidequests in the respective zone first. If you are a quester/roleplayer that might be important to you.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the answers have been very helpful, thanks everyone.