The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox really slow compared to PC

pleximus
pleximus
✭✭✭✭✭
So I thought I'd check ESO out on my Xbox Series X again since it's ESO+ trial week because I have so damn much stuff there before I made the transition to PC. I play with controller on both PC and Xbox so I know what I'm talking about when making the comparison. This is what I've noticed:

*Getting mounted on a horse takes 3 seconds on Xbox. It takes 1 second on PC.
*Everything else that requires pushing the A-button takes 3 times longer. Even fights and weaving takes longer.
*NPC's and other players appear as black figures for a few seconds before everything is fine.
*The way the character moves and the game itself feels sluggish as if the game visuals is trying to catch up all the time.

Can someone tell me if this is server-related? Will the future change of servers "fix" ESO on Xbox?

PS: Went straight back to PC. I still have a will to live... :*
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 13 July 2022 14:59
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On ps4 I got everything you mentioned. On Series S I didnt really have any of those problems. Not bashing playstation- from what I understand the ps5 runs a lot better.

There were some complaints last week about the xbox performance dipping, no idea if that's true or not.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Switch the video settings to performance mode instead of fidelity. It brings it to 60fps and feels much smoother.
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Black figures. terrain glitches and sluggishness is not confined to console. Get the same problem playing ESO on a standard PC hard drive. However, on my ssd drive, the game is highly responsive.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ixmike
    ixmike
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox Series X and don't have any of those issues. But then again, I play on "performance" mode, have pretty fast internet, and my console is directly connected via an ethernet cable.
    Xbox NA, DC NB.Gamertag: swampfoxix
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Black figures. terrain glitches and sluggishness is not confined to console. Get the same problem playing ESO on a standard PC hard drive. However, on my ssd drive, the game is highly responsive.

SsD nvme 2.0 is game changing for eso
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaperGuy wrote: »
    Switch the video settings to performance mode instead of fidelity. It brings it to 60fps and feels much smoother.

Damn, I hadn't noticed that I had it on Fidelity instead of Performance. Damn, what a difference it is now! Still not perfect but it runs damn good. Enjoying playing on Xbox again. Well, I do miss the addons, especially Mappins, Harvestmap and Minimap. Those are the only 3 I need on Xbox.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »

Damn, I hadn't noticed that I had it on Fidelity instead of Performance. Damn, what a difference it is now! Still not perfect but it runs damn good. Enjoying playing on Xbox again. Well, I do miss the addons, especially Mappins, Harvestmap and Minimap. Those are the only 3 I need on Xbox.

Is it weird switching to an in game economy that's never seen any inflation? Just wondering.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    On ps4 I got everything you mentioned. On Series S I didnt really have any of those problems. Not bashing playstation- from what I understand the ps5 runs a lot better.

There were some complaints last week about the xbox performance dipping, no idea if that's true or not.

PS5 performance has been feeling pretty slow lately, since the event started, not just in Craglorn or other high populated areas, it is happening everywhere, even on performance mode.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Aussie player I actually find performance mode on the Xbox Series X to be the most responsive as my ping on PC bounces around a lot and seems higher.
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it weird switching to an in game economy that's never seen any inflation? Just wondering.

This is the main reason I stayed on console after playing both console and PC for awhile. Aside from some bots ruining gold mat prices the economy on console is pretty good. Now some ppl like that they do that and some don’t but whatever. In my opinion things like TTC ruined ESO on pc. It’s convenient but it basically turns the trader system to an AH. Anyone that has play mmo’s with an AH knows what it’s like. I know that’s not only issue especially with PC having quite a bigger population but as fancy as they seem I think add ons hurt more overall. That’s my opinion on it and I’m sure not very many agree but idc tbh.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know, been away from Xbox for 2 years so I'm out of the loop regarding game economy.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has improved performance by switching modes, we will go ahead and close this discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.