The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Black Drake Clanwrap Chest Style

Tenthirty2
Tenthirty2
✭✭✭✭✭
For anyone who decides to get this style just cautioning you that the bloody hip flaps on the chest are AWFUL :s

I got excited to start collecting this set bcuz it looked like another style (of the very few) that lets us show our tats and skins nicely.
Excitement died once I saw how far the stupid hip flaps float off the hip.

In the OP's pic it doesn't look so bad, maybe bcuz it's using the matching legs style, I don't have that yet to test.
But on the few others I tried it looks bad, Like you could hide a bosmer in that space.

Getting so tired of this odd obsession ZoS seems to have with floating flaps. If it's to try and avoid clipping with other styles I'd rather put up with the clipping tbh.

1st pic below is matched with ebony greaves for example. Their design is a little thicker and the gap is still bad.
I originally wanted to maybe pair the chest with some of the wood elf styles, but on those it's even worse.
wbltibpxgz7y.png

Another, with enough of a gap to fit Ghrasharog comfortably :
5i7641jotn7p.png

It's like Timbercrow's granny panties, now I just can't unsee it. At least I didn't waste the gold on that bcuz I saw a post on here.
So I thought I'd do the same for this, for those who can't stand flaps and don't want to waste a pile of gold.

I mean if it doesn't bother some ppl that's cool and I hope they enjoy it. Personally I can't stand floating pieces.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 2 June 2023 03:31
  • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
  • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it seems that the vast majority of armour designs in eso need to conform to certain standardized requirements like the hip flaps (i think they're called tassets?) for example. i think one reason for this is to keep a consistent art design across the game, but another reason may be to account for the fact we can mix and match so many styles.

that sounds like a bit of a contradiction, but i think without the tassets a lot of armour designs might look even weirder and too "slim", with how clothing tends to conform to our character's body, it may end up making an outfit look like a weird skin-tight suit when it should be a set of comfortable robes or thick armour plating. another purpose i think this serves is to help mask how when one handed melee weapons are sheathed, they just sort of float at your character's hip (the lack of scabbards doesn't help this one either)

yea i'd love the option to hide them, but i do think the community in general may be overlooking some subtle purposes these design choices are serving
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Feljax
    Feljax
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, ZoS please, please, please allow us to hide tassets, crotch flaps, shoulders, and everything else except maybe pants. We are begging you!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the way these ones float is horrendously bad. The character I have who wears this top has it paired with the skinchanger medium legs which lessen the gap, but it's still bad. I was shocked by this one
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen any leg piece the hip flaps don't float on. Disappointing motif.

Well, maybe not if you get a picture from the top...
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unfathomable how anyone thought it a good idea to have those things float that far off the body, making the chest basically unusable with 99% of the leg styles.
    I have a total of two girls wearing this chest due to the absurdly floating hip protection.
    One has slider to least hips possible and wears a wide skirt leg motif and it doesn't look too bad,
    and the other (posted in megathread) who has body set to thick and hips to maximum, I thought those flaps should not float on her, but they sure do! Does not look to bad with the medium thieves guild legs on her though.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One year later…
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are styles that just straight up don't have flaps. Bloodforge is a good example, I use that often. Why can't the art team just make more like that?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »
    the bloody hip flaps on the chest are AWFUL :s

That is pretty much an evergreen statement for nearly ALL chest styles that incorporate tassets. ("hip flaps")
    It's almost like they go out of their way to make them as obtrusive, and, in many cases, gaudy, as possible.

I wish they'd stop putting them on at least light and medium styles, and significantly tone-down the tasset design on heavy styles.

PC/NA Warden Main
    • ZOS_Phoenix
      Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.