The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reaper's March Bugged?

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
This has happened multiple times with multiple characters of mine recently and I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this:

There are a variety of instances where I have been questing in Reaper's March today and yesterday where when crossing a river, fighting a WB, etc. my game (PS5-NA) crashes and I'm forced out to the home Playstation screen. This only occurs in Reaper's March and the only way to solve this issue is to contact a support representative where they will teleport my character in the zone out of Reaper's March. Things that I tried before that DID NOT work:
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
- Deleting locally saved files
- Going back to default system settings

I was told by the support representative that the issue simply arises when a player logs out in the area, but I'm experiencing this in basically every other aspect outside of logging out - questing, combat, exploration, etc. Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems the whole zone is bugged.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 17 June 2022 02:03
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in there for a few hours today - first doing antiquities, then just harvesting, filling all kinds of surveys etc. I'm on PC, didn't have any issues at all there.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I was in there for a few hours today - first doing antiquities, then just harvesting, filling all kinds of surveys etc. I'm on PC, didn't have any issues at all there.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if it's a PS4/5 or console-only issue. Weird.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be. Things like that do happen. I hope you get it figured out!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve run 3 toons through there getting skyshards before the patch next week but I haven’t had any problems.

PS5 but PS4 version ESO
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS5? Yep since the version came out vI'm not sure what triggers it, but a few friends have had characters stuck in reapers march. They had to raise a ticket to get their characters moved. One theory is reading lorebooks, but dont know for sure
    Soupy twist
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened to me a few months ago, up near Arenthia and slightly west. I was lorebook hunting, as well. It straight up blackscreens a PS5. I had filed a ticket to have my character moved, but it cleared itself up normally after a few hours. Since then, I've just avoided the northern part of the map on all characters, just to not have to deal with it.
  • Savince
    Savince
    Looks like Wolf hunter keep area is still bugging with PS5/EU. I was doing antiquites and went to Wolf Hunter Keep for getting the hat. Then started to ride along the coastline to nearest wayshrine. ESO crashed. I try to log in with same character, the one I've used the most. I get Reapers March loading screen art. Then crash. Repear and rinse.
    This is my second toon where crashing happens. First time it did load character but if I moved a pixel it would crash. Then solved this by teleporting directly outside the area. That toon is usable now. But with my todays toon I can't teleport because loading never gets that far I could see my toon.
    I will report an issue and maybd get out. But jyst heads up thosd wondering if this still happens. It does.
    Edited by Savince on 15 June 2022 20:08
  • Savince
    Savince
    Savince wrote: »
    Looks like Wolf hunter keep area is still bugging with PS5/EU..
    Created ticket and now was able to log in and see my chacter. Teleported directly away. Thus solved

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • mr68
    mr68
    ✭✭
    Still an issue on PS5 european server & PS5 version. My sorc is stuck in rm crashing the game while loading the character... After 2 years this is still a thing? This is embarrassing...
  • TidusTheGame
    TidusTheGame
    ✭✭
    Happening to me too, I literally can't even log into my character. How TF is this known for years and it's still not fixed?
  • themadlep
    themadlep
    Soul Shriven
    I came here to report this exact same bug, happened to me yesterday, but I guess it's already well known by now. It's a shame it's still happening at this stage. Luckily the folks in Support were able to move my character to another location, but I'm afraid to go back there and do any quests in case I run into it again. Does anyone have any workarounds? I read that some folks used the PS4 version, that it seems to work better in that area, could anyone confirm?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can login to ps4 version, move your character to safety and then carry on as usual
    Soupy twist