Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle- Your One-Stop Shop

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 15 July 2022 19:44
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this is helpful!

It may seem like a simple thing. But I frequently find myself having to go back to old articles or Google search for the old website articles, so having it all linked in one place is fantastic.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this is helpful!

It may seem like a simple thing. But I frequently find myself having to go back to old articles or Google search for the old website articles, so having it all linked in one place is fantastic.

Agreed! Extremely useful, thanks Kevin!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you include the questionnaire that helps people find which version of the game is best for them to buy? Also, this year can you leave that page up even after High Isle is no longer available for pre-order, I know that some people who were trying to buy a chapter after the pre-orders was no longer available or unable to view this questionnaire. And then they got upset because they purchased the wrong version of the game. Really, that page should be up until the next chapters pre-order is available at which point it is just replaced with that chapter's version of the same information. Just place a note that says pre-orders are only available until whatever date that it's available until.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 28 January 2022 03:13
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, looks very cool...amazing to think we're in the seventh year now of the game out on console...

never thought I'd be playing on seven year old toons...my main's a breton, they'll be looking forward to "going home" :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    I found it.
    Edited by croakie on 28 January 2022 17:39
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, @spartaxoxo. The quiz is added to this thread. We will pass the note on about keeping the quiz up year round.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, @spartaxoxo. The quiz is added to this thread. We will pass the note on about keeping the quiz up year round.

WOW! Thanks Kevin, I appreciate you listening.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. Inflation is hitting here too.

One whole crate and 2 mounts for the value in the deluxe digital edition? Underwhelming, even if I am foolish and spend for it anyway since I am a sucker for mounts.

At least a full set of 15 crates would have been far more appropriate given the cost of the product.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. Inflation is hitting here too.

One whole crate and 2 mounts for the value in the deluxe digital edition? Underwhelming, even if I am foolish and spend for it anyway since I am a sucker for mounts.

At least a full set of 15 crates would have been far more appropriate given the cost of the product.

Well, I just realized the linked version is the full collector's edition, not the upgrade version. I would bet it is more likely someone here would want the upgrade, since it is the forums.

The target page does not have any direct link to the upgrade (or other) versions, just a whole bunch of previous collector's editions. That is kind of annoying. But the price is more reasonable than I thought at first.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on 29 January 2022 05:44
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I think the quiz is recommending the wrong version on mobile for people who don't have all the previous chapters but own eso.

If you answer "Yes, I own the Chapter," "No I don't want the collectibles," and "No I don't own the previous chapters" it recommendeds the upgrade. This is incorrect.

If you answer the same way but answer "Yes I own the previous chapters." It also recommends the upgrade. Unlike the former sequence, this is correct.

The CE path is correct. If you answer "Yes" to question 2 (so yes, yes, yes and yes, yes no) the collection is recommend for people who don't have the other chapters and the upgrade for people who do.

Edit

May I also recommend some kind of error message for people who say "yes" to owning the chapters and "no" to owning the game, as one those is user error.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 31 January 2022 06:16
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Kevin needs a payraise.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @FlopsyPrince Thanks for the note. We have updated the link to the upgrade addition. Your suggestion made sense.

@spartaxoxo Thanks for the feedback. We are reviewing this and looking on how to update to make the logic better. Appreciate the feedback!
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! Just a heads up that we just added a few additional links to the original post pointing to various international recap streams that have occurred over the past few days, specifically highlighting interviews with members of the ESO Dev Team. The interviews are all in English and we thought you would enjoy listening to them as they provide some insight into both the upcoming content and ESO in general. Enjoy!
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on 31 January 2022 22:09
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really apprecaite this Kevin and Gina!

This is really useful, great communication! <3
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • No_Lollygaggin
    This is fantastic! I love having this single point of reference for all relevant info around the topic on hand. Great job!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @FlopsyPrince Thanks for the note. We have updated the link to the upgrade addition. Your suggestion made sense.

Glad to be of help. The high price shocked me at first. It was for the full version though, so I have already order the deluxe CE upgrade.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's two interviews that focus on the lore of High Isle and hint at future plans for the year-long storyline Legacy of the Bretons.

"Elder Scrolls Online's Loremaster, Lead Writer Talk What's To Come In 2022"
    https://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-online-high-isle-loremaster-lead-writer-interview/

"The Elder Scrolls Online lore interview – we won’t “step anywhere near” the Dwemer"
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/01/elder-scrolls-online-lore-interview
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this is helpful!

If you use Microsoft Edge, you might get familiar with the "Collections" feature. Create a collection called ESO and then whenever you find a website that has stuff you want to find again, just add it to the collection. They work kind of like favorites, but for some reason they seem to be easier to manage.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    When’s the falmer race pack getting released?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno Wait, so the High Isle upgrade doesn't actually include previous chapters? "Which version of High Isle is right for you? Quiz" is just telling these players to buy the wrong thing, and has been left broken for weeks?

What should a player buy if they have content up to Greymoor, but not Blackwood and High Isle? New players can buy the collection with the base game and all 6 chapters for $60, or old players can upgrade the most recent 2 for $40 + $30 = $70? Something isn't adding up here...
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on 21 February 2022 19:00
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really convenient, thank you!

Is it possible to gift a digital upgrade or will PC pre-order codes be available from Gamestop soon?

I have one on my account so I am unable to purchase another for a friend. I guess I could paypal her the money but that's no fun :)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @WrathOfInnos: The upgrade does not include previous chapters. The update is meant for returning players who own all of the previous chapters. Currently, the only options are to buy High Isle and BlackWood individually, or buy the collection edition. Alternatively, you could in-theory wait until there is a sale on Blackwood. However, we do not know when the next sale will be.

@dvonpm: Unfortunately, we currently do not have a gifting option currently on PC outside of Steam. We will check on GameStop and get back to you on availability.
    Staff Post
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like the quiz is also fixed now.
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    Wensit going on sale?
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A DLC usually goes on sale during its sales promotion event. Since it was only released last year, there will most likely not be a Blackwood / Deadlands event this year. Last year we had an Elsweyr promotion, so most likely it will be a Western Skyrim / Reach promotion this year.

Of course they might have changed their event schedule again, after all they need to squeeze in more and more DLC promotions into years that simply don't become any longer.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IIRC the pre-order bonus from previous chapter was available pretty much up until launch. Any reason it stops early this time or is it just another FOMO attempt?

I don't care for the elk model so I wasn't planning on getting it anyway, but still.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    IIRC the pre-order bonus from previous chapter was available pretty much up until launch. Any reason it stops early this time or is it just another FOMO attempt?

I don't care for the elk model so I wasn't planning on getting it anyway, but still.

For Blackwood I think the pre-order bonus item ended around mid march, maybe early april.

EDIT - just double checked on UESP and the pre-order bonus item was available until March 17 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Blackwood_Collector's_Edition
    Edited by fizl101 on 30 March 2022 16:16
    Soupy twist
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

For Blackwood I think the pre-order bonus item ended around mid march, maybe early april.

EDIT - just double checked on UESP and the pre-order bonus item was available until March 17 https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Blackwood_Collector's_Edition

That is what I saw. I am debating whether I wasted my money, but I am playing at least for now, so I may as well have the latest.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind
    Edited by joerginger on 31 March 2022 03:48
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

It was only the Nightmare bear cup pet that was available until that date.

And looking at the info on the chapters before that I see no mentioning of pre-ordes being only available until a certain date.