The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Xbox NA game lags on skill bar swaps when daggers are equiped

Luciferazazell
Luciferazazell
✭✭✭
So since November's big patch my game lags or freezes momentarily when I swap skill bars when I have daggers equiped especially. This can happen wether I'm parsing or in any zone doing nothing wether it's populated or empty. I will include a clip here that's shows me swaping bars with double staff and then switching to daggers and if you look at my surroundings you can see what I'm referring to. I will detail more info below the video clip.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/LuciferAzazell/video/9e68579a-1164-4068-88f4-a5b322d38660/c88a0374-7f9f-4d31-8fdf-634aaa84006e0

I submitted a ticked through ingame help and was told that maybe it's a latency or Internet issues. I was told to /latency command despite specifying I'm on console and that the command was invalid. After the back and forth was told to report the bug in the forums.
The console is a xbox one not a series x but regardless I'm assuming the game should still work without unplayable problems .
I have consistant open nat optimal for multiplaying I've tested this several times the connection is hardwire not wifi. Despite console not having a /latency command I use xbox Microsoft edge to go to a third party site to attempt to test though there even though it's not my internet. I haven't had any issues like this before in my 4 plus years playing eso and I don't have any issues with any other games such as codwarzone and other games currently. It's specifically with eso.

I've tried reseting my modem. I cleared my cache . I even Uninstalled and reinstalled the game thinking maybe that would help and still the same thing. Even while the lag happens as I swap skill bars I went to networking to retest nat to see if there was any changes to the nat and it was still open nat so my internet is fine. It doesn't seem to happen much with double staffs but as soon as I equiped daggers on my front bar it happens so im not sure if maybe its something specific to daggers or the dual wielding skill line or something.
6k9dvorapfxq.jpg
67aixcpjmnra.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Bill on 13 January 2022 21:32
  • Rossphi
    Rossphi
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had similar issues mostly with the RB button. Push it 10 times and nothing happens. The skill highlights but no action. It actually got worse when I got a series x. Both my Xbox and controller are hard wired. No issues in any other game other than eso. I don’t even run vet dungeons or trials anymore because of it. I’m certain it’s an eso issue and it hasn’t been happening for long
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Rossphi wrote: »
    I’ve had similar issues mostly with the RB button. Push it 10 times and nothing happens. The skill highlights but no action. It actually got worse when I got a series x. Both my Xbox and controller are hard wired. No issues in any other game other than eso. I don’t even run vet dungeons or trials anymore because of it. I’m certain it’s an eso issue and it hasn’t been happening for long

Yeah it's kinda hard to parse at the lvl you want or simply swap bars at any given time with daggers when it freezes even if it is for a second or 2 it's limiting
    Edited by Luciferazazell on 6 January 2022 22:17
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven’t noticed this with my toons, but my other weapon besides dw is either bow or 2h, don’t know if that makes a difference.

I am on PS NA also, not XBox.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t noticed this with my toons, but my other weapon besides dw is either bow or 2h, don’t know if that makes a difference.

I am on PS NA also, not XBox.

Yeah I'm not sure I haven't heard many people with this issues my only thought could be becuase I'm on the old xbox one and not the series x and the console just cant handle it anymore becuase my internet is pretty good never had this issues before just since November's patch but regardless not sure if it's a dagger or dualwielding issue or maybe a set issue not sure if that's a thing but all I know is I have never had lag issues before I've been able to parse and swap skill bars at any given time with out that freezing issues and when I've notice is that with staff it doesn't seem to happen its only with dagger. I haven't tried other weapons or the Kinras set on other toons
    Edited by Luciferazazell on 8 January 2022 22:58
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Luciferazazell

Do you have your support ticket number?

You can provide it in this thread so we can check on your current support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post