The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Infinite loading is really annoying

Khodiac
Khodiac
✭✭
why i cant play the game as soon as i open it. its simple . fix , it . you open the game it load for 5 minute then you got an error 308 , or just the game freeze, you cant access nothing its so bad . ive reinstalled , deleted cache , nothing work . please fix it if u want more money from me, or else i wont play , not becus i dont want to , becuse you sleeping and not fixing it
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If this loading issue is continuing to repeat itself, you are welcome to open a support ticket for further help with our customer support team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Issue was bad before, started getting better and even disappeared for a little while. But it's returned with a vengeance for the last week or so. Regularly have to quit and restart the game half a dozen times now to get it to fully log and load in. Sometimes it'll stop at not loading the announcements, other times it'll do an endless loading loop.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HybridFreak

Have you tried clearing the save cache or reinstalling on the Xbox?
    Staff Post
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @HybridFreak

Have you tried clearing the save cache or reinstalling on the Xbox?

Yes, I have to clear the cache nearly every other day. I won't reinstall it anymore though. Eats up to much monthly bandwidth. Restarting the game a few times will usually fix it but is hit or miss. Been having this issue for over a month now, possibly 2.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HybridFreak

Have you started a ticket with customer support yet?

If you have, you can post the ticket number here in this thread.
    Staff Post
  • Dur2a
    Dur2a
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I can confirm I’ve had this same issue going on ever since Blackwood. Same thing as the OP. The game will start up as normal, I can typically get as far as loading to the character screen but it freezes during that loading screen. Typically once the game music disappears the load screen is infinite, so I end up closing the game and restarting it several times until it actually loads to the character select screen. The problem was more or less gone for a couple months, but it’s been happening to me again nearly every time I start up the game for the last month or so now. I’m playing on a hard wired Xbox One X with 850+Mbps download/20Mbps upload speeds, my router is set up for all the necessary port forwarding for Xbox Live, and I’ve tried clearing save cache and doing a full reinstall several times as well. Nothing seems to fix the issue, which tells me that it’s most likely an issue on the server’s backend. And I know I’m not the only one, countless friends in various raid teams have complained about having the same problem.

Add in the constant hitch/jitter every time you barswap that can only be fixed by a /reloadui every half hour or so, and the game has reached a state where I find myself only logging in for core times and playing literally anything else otherwise.
    Edited by Dur2a on 13 December 2021 23:43
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dur2a

Have you started a ticket with support for this issue anytime since Blackwood?
    Staff Post
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Blackwood this has been prominent.

You can catch it early enough that you won’t get repeat “already logged in” errors if you listen for the music to stop.

If the music stops, you crashed/froze.

Most days it takes me anywhere from 3-8 attempts to get on during prime time. This is with clearing the cache and even resetting mac etc.

Sometimes, if I log over to EU quick instead and then flip back it works.

Still a lot to go through. Been like this for months.